10-12-09, 03:16 AM   #1
BWarner
A Black Drake

AeroWow

Hey there! Wanted to get the word out about my not-so-new blog, http://aerowow.com/ . It's a DPS Warrior's (that's me!) take on DPS Warrior-ing and WoW in general.

Check it out, tell me what you like, and what you'd like to see more of! Any feedback is always appreciated, either here, on through email. ;)

(In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have named the site after my character. A server transfer mandated a name change, and Aerowyn no longer exists. :( )

The Warrior Formerly Known As Aerowyn.

http://AeroWow.com/
10-15-09, 10:45 AM   #2
BWarner
A Black Drake

As a total coincidence, my latest post is UI-related.

10-15-09, 11:04 AM   #3
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by BWarner View Post
Hey there! Wanted to get the word out about my not-so-new blog, http://aerowow.com/ . It's a DPS Warrior's (that's me!) take on DPS Warrior-ing and WoW in general.

Check it out, tell me what you like, and what you'd like to see more of! Any feedback is always appreciated, either here, on through email.

(In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have named the site after my character. A server transfer mandated a name change, and Aerowyn no longer exists. )
Your site was interesting until I came across the article where you recommend runspeed over icewalker or ap on boots for dps warriors. The polite thing for me to say is I don't agree with your logic, although I do understand it. I simply don't see how you can recommend movement speed boosts to actual dps boosts (yes I do understand why you think they are one in the same - I did read it after all). I just don't buy the logic behind it. There aren't too many spots in ANY instance where you want your melee dps arriving on the targets before your tank Thus, that speed boost recommendation (especially for the reasons you gave for recommending it), in my view anyway, is incomplete (the nice way of putting it) at best. Can you name one spot where it's best that melee dps'ers arrive at the target before the tank? Thus, unless your tank has the same speed boost (which if he does, he should uninstall the game as he clearly doesn't understand how to gem/enchant/gear his tank), your own speed to that target is well, irrelevant and a waste.

Anyway, to each his own.
10-15-09, 12:51 PM   #4
zero-kill
A Firelord

I agree, and in a non-elitist fashion we would probably kick a tank with +run speed enchants

Last edited by zero-kill : 10-15-09 at 12:53 PM.
10-15-09, 01:05 PM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Aren't those run speed enchants for PVP?
10-15-09, 01:49 PM   #6
BWarner
A Black Drake

Getting to Icehowl after Ferocious Butt, getting out of the way of the charge, and getting back on target after the stun/charge. On Twins, running to switch colors for any reason (Touch of [Color], [Opposite Color] Vortex). Faction Champs, given the amount of movement your targets are doing (and the Stam from TV certainly helps, too.)

As a single example from Ulduar, the entire brain room (phase 2) of Yogg absolutely requires runspeed.

There's obviously many cases where the "pure DPS" boot enchants (AP or Hit/Crit) excel, due to the low movement component of certain fights. Jaraxxus, Vezax, and Ignis come to mind (I would even recommend runspeed on XT, due to being able to stay on-target longer before having to run out, and then either charging/intercepting back or, if they're on CD (or you're not a Warrior), getting back faster.

To be perfectly honest, your tank should have Tuskarr's Vitality on their boots, not the 22 Stam one. 7 Stam versus 8% runspeed is pretty clearly in the movement speed's favor in nearly every tanking situation.

TV is "it" for PvP, but the runspeed enchants are fantastic for PvE, as described in the article.

(I love discussing this stuff everywhere, but would also love to discuss it in the comments after the article, so that others can get the benefit of the conversation! =D)

10-15-09, 03:37 PM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I see. Well, can't argue with that... if you're not lacking in any other stats.
10-15-09, 08:47 PM   #8
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by BWarner View Post
Getting to Icehowl after Ferocious Butt, getting out of the way of the charge, and getting back on target after the stun/charge. On Twins, running to switch colors for any reason (Touch of [Color], [Opposite Color] Vortex). Faction Champs, given the amount of movement your targets are doing (and the Stam from TV certainly helps, too.)

As a single example from Ulduar, the entire brain room (phase 2) of Yogg absolutely requires runspeed.

There's obviously many cases where the "pure DPS" boot enchants (AP or Hit/Crit) excel, due to the low movement component of certain fights. Jaraxxus, Vezax, and Ignis come to mind (I would even recommend runspeed on XT, due to being able to stay on-target longer before having to run out, and then either charging/intercepting back or, if they're on CD (or you're not a Warrior), getting back faster.

To be perfectly honest, your tank should have Tuskarr's Vitality on their boots, not the 22 Stam one. 7 Stam versus 8% runspeed is pretty clearly in the movement speed's favor in nearly every tanking situation.

TV is "it" for PvP, but the runspeed enchants are fantastic for PvE, as described in the article.

(I love discussing this stuff everywhere, but would also love to discuss it in the comments after the article, so that others can get the benefit of the conversation! =D)
So, if I may sum up/repeat your point...you prefer your dps warriors to move faster rather than do more damage?

I disagree and for reasons I've already posted, don't see dps movement speed boosts helpful in cases (almost every raid situation) where they don't arrive at targets BEFORE the tank anyway.

Again, to each his own. I don't even consider movement speed boosts anywhere that my primary goal isn't pvp. But, that's me.
10-16-09, 06:25 AM   #9
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Republic View Post
There aren't too many spots in ANY instance where you want your melee dps arriving on the targets before your tank...
I think you might be looking at this too narrowly. There are many raid situations that require movement, and every bit helps. If you aren't hit capped, then perhaps you need Icewalker, or an AP enchant if you're falling behind with your other pieces. But for the constant raider I really think that Tuskarr's Vitality can replace any of those enchants for the utility, for ANY class. I use it on my priest's boots, and I can say that it has saved my life in the Mimiron encounter.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » AeroWow