04-23-09, 05:51 AM   #61
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ok, now thats done there IS another problem that started last night when I updated... when I first load my main bar is in the middle of my screen... if I /mac config it moves where it belongs, and goign out of config mode stays that way.

ALSO if I /console reloadui Macaroon goes away. No errors, just doesn't come back. If I try loading macaroons page in the UI Options, errors throw a dozen or more (I can post stack traces if you like.)

Edit: Just updated to the build you released after I went to bed - the initial login is fine now, and reloadUI has Macaroon now... HOWEVER the initial login error witht he bar in the middle of the screen NOW happens on reloadui and resolves the same way.

Last edited by Zanthor : 04-23-09 at 05:56 AM.

04-23-09, 06:08 AM   #62
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

This issue is fixed in the next version. It popped up again because of tweaks in the loading sequence to address a few other issues.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

04-23-09, 06:10 AM   #63
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Zanthor View Post
My DPS lowered by about 800 due to not having a timer on flameshock which now has a 3 second timer.

Unless I'm mistaken GCD is 1.5 or lower due to haste, so could you set it at 2? Or hell, just tell me where it's set (variable I'd hope?) and I'll fix my own copy and the rest of the world can be stuck that way .

I changed line 588 of macaroon_buttons.lua from a 4 to a 2 and that solved it, I'd ask that you change this so shamans everywhere can have their proper cooldown displayed . That said, thats fixed...
I'll change it and see if anyone complains

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

04-23-09, 08:07 AM   #64
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
I'll change it and see if anyone complains
Maybe throw a slider on the options screen? .

04-23-09, 08:08 AM   #65
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
This issue is fixed in the next version. It popped up again because of tweaks in the loading sequence to address a few other issues.
Next version as in a version you haven't pushed public yet?

Question from a programmers standpoint, why does a reloadui NOT bring it back? I had to restart wow from scratch, that just blew my mind that wouldn't work!

04-23-09, 08:10 AM   #66
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Actually, I think I will make it a slash command.

Making a new UI element for the main menu is a pain :P Especially a slider since the slider area is basically full.

04-23-09, 08:13 AM   #67
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
Actually, I think I will make it a slash command.

Making a new UI element for the main menu is a pain :P Especially a slider since the slider area is basically full.
Oh c'mon, how hard can it be to totally redesign a layout like that... I mean it couldn't possibly take you more than 3-4 hours of work to fix it, another 3-4 to fix the bugs that will ultimately crop up from it... and all that to let someone change a setting that will likely be set once by anyone and ignored forever more...

(Running and hiding!! ) (!! Thanks Maul !!)

04-23-09, 08:31 AM   #68
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Hehe

Umm, yeah...anyhow! it has been added, new command -

/mac timerlimit <seconds>

04-23-09, 04:33 PM   #69
Arcadian Del Sol
A Fallenroot Satyr
bug in 1.13?

EDIT: nevermind, sir. Teaches me to post before reading.

as always, you are ever vigilant. I'd buy you a coke, but seriously bro - those things aren't good for you.

please create a "buy Maul a Vitamin Water" link, and I'll use it.

Maul,
Since .1.13 which i installed yesterday, when i log in, my bars are all in the wrong locations and many bars are not visible.

When I enter bar edit mode, they "pop" back and I can close edit mode and they stay - from here on out, everything is fine.

When I log back in, I have to repeat this.

Im installing .2 now and will update this post with the results.

thanks.

Last edited by Arcadian Del Sol : 04-23-09 at 04:35 PM.

04-23-09, 11:18 PM   #70
notarichman
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Bars not updating properly when changing specs. Always defaults to the primary on every login. Switching specs was perfect on the previous version, all bars/skills/macros/bindings auto-changed - what happened?

Also, the bag bar and character bars no longer come up and am having to use the incredibly crappy Blizz bars for those.

04-25-09, 04:41 PM   #71
M43usch3n
A Murloc Raider
hi

for some reason all spells on my bar are displayed as rank 1.

another question:

who do i get a reputation-bar to work?

mfg

04-25-09, 06:53 PM   #72
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by notarichman View Post
Bars not updating properly when changing specs. Always defaults to the primary on every login. Switching specs was perfect on the previous version, all bars/skills/macros/bindings auto-changed - what happened?

Also, the bag bar and character bars no longer come up and am having to use the incredibly crappy Blizz bars for those.
Make sure you get the addon Macaroon Xtras for the bag/menu buttons.

I have a new version in the works that should address issues with using profiles and dual specs. I should be able to release it quite soon.

04-25-09, 06:54 PM   #73
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by M43usch3n View Post
hi

for some reason all spells on my bar are displayed as rank 1.

another question:

who do i get a reputation-bar to work?

mfg

The tooltip issue is a known one and fixed in the next version. To get a rep bar, just left-click on the XP/Rep bar itself and it will switch to watching a rep. Right-click the bar to select the rep to watch.

04-26-09, 09:43 AM   #74
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
Updated to the 4/25/09 build and none of my bars show, the normal ones work but they dont show up. Pet bars dont show at all or work.

04-26-09, 09:49 AM   #75
notarichman
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Downloaded addon Macaroon Xtras and it worked fine until I swapped dual-spec. Now dual-spec toon has no bag-bar in either spec. Other (single-spec) toons ok so far. Back to being stuck with Blizz-bag-bar. Worse, there is no cast bar and no loot window. Can you please advise? Thanks

Last edited by notarichman : 04-26-09 at 03:13 PM.

04-27-09, 04:45 PM   #76
notarichman
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
First: Greatest bars ever. The game is unplayable without Macaroon. Thank you for doing such a great job supporting the development.

I downloaded updates today of both Macaroon and the xtras. Problem continues. No bags, no character bar, no loot window. Raiders getting salty with me because of looting delays.

One odd anomaly, the add-on "Macaroon<<<TrinityBars2 Importer" shows as an out-of-date add-on. Probably not the issue, but thought you should know. Can you please advise? Thanks

04-27-09, 05:49 PM   #77
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Working on the reports. Unable to replicate as of yet

04-27-09, 06:40 PM   #78
notarichman
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Problem is only on my main, the only one that lost bars. Have an alt that wasn't logged during the problem and that alt's dual-spec and bars are OK. Checked several other alts (single-spec'd) and they're all fine.

Tried erasing the wtf (replacing the setups afterward) - didn't work. Tried removing the main's folder and restarting. That didn't work either. Something has locked the bag-bar, character bar, cast-bar and loot windows from this and only this toon.

Here is a startup error, mybe it helps?:

Date: 2009-04-27 17:47:14
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Message: ..\AddOns\Macaroon\Macaroon_KeyBinder.lua line 727:
attempt to index field 'hotkey' (a nil value)
Debug:
[C]: ?
Macaroon\Macaroon_KeyBinder.lua:727: ApplyBindings()
Macaroon\Macaroon_KeyBinder.lua:642: ClearBindings()
Macaroon\Macaroon_Buttons.lua:3092: StoreButton()
MacaroonCB\MacaroonCB.lua:1019: v()
...terface\AddOns\MacaroonProfiles\MacaroonProfiles.lua:372: LoadProfile()
Macaroon\Macaroon.lua:948: LoadFromProfile()
Macaroon\Macaroon.lua:1867:
Macaroon\Macaroon.lua:1773

Thanks

Last edited by notarichman : 04-27-09 at 06:49 PM.

04-27-09, 07:46 PM   #79
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

This has been fixed in the latest update.

04-28-09, 07:11 AM   #80
duncan70
A Kobold Labourer
Hi,
Maybe someone has already asked but :

I have created a bar for pet/possess/vehicle but when i possess or ride a vehicle the bar does not appear and I have to enter the config mode to click on the bar until i see the buttons. This is ennoying in fights such as in drak tharon on the final boss ( i am already fighting and then can't enter the config mode)

txs.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread