08-22-08, 04:38 PM   #641
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by noble8 View Post
....... Nothing changed after patching.....

still overlapping...

And is it possible to move the button bag to the right of the minimap like in beta 1?
The problem with putting the button bag there is that it is only accessible when you're in the minimap view. In the meantime, I'm going to sort out a way to make it possible to dock the buttonbag somewhere else when the bagbar is hidden.

Did you check swatter to see if it picked up any errors? Is there anything else that didn't load? Can you post or e-mail me a screencap if Swatter doesn't have any errors logged?

Thanks

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-22-08, 04:59 PM   #642
Jettan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
I just e-mailed everyone a patch... I'm hoping that fixes it.

I'm really curious why some of you do not have a voice chat button though.... that's odd. In any event, this patch should trap that error.
Just a guess here but not everyone enables blizzards voice chat therefore im guessing that might mess with anchoring anything to it

08-22-08, 05:08 PM   #643
iocontrol
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'm really curious why some of you do not have a voice chat button though.... that's odd. In any event, this patch should trap that error.
Since NUI remembers previous Info/UF panel states, is it possible that during addon initialization if the user does not have the minimap panel up that the voice chat frame is seen as not there?

I won't be able to test (this theory or the patch) until I'm off work - but that's something that I do recall ... I had Omen2 open because I had logged off from tanking an instance the night prior.

08-22-08, 05:09 PM   #644
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Jettan View Post
Just a guess here but not everyone enables blizzards voice chat therefore im guessing that might mess with anchoring anything to it
Yup yup... I keep mine disabled as well. But even then, the button is normally just hidden, not nil... so you can still anchor to it which has the effect of leaving a "blank" space where the button should be. For the button to be completely nil then another mod has to have set it to nil or the Voice chat module never loaded at all.

In any event, I've added a trap for it the button bag.

08-22-08, 08:25 PM   #645
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Here is what I get upon login. After that I have no action bars and the minimap is in the top right part of the screen. Me thinks the UI quit loading as stated above.

Date: 2008-08-22 21:21:37
ID: 57
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
attempt to index field 'layers' (a nil value)
Debug:
[C]: ?
nUI\Bars\nUI_PossessBar.lua:121: updateState()
nUI\Bars\nUI_PossessBar.lua:100:
nUI\Bars\nUI_PossessBar.lua:94

08-23-08, 01:02 AM   #646
MeqTrader
An Aku'mai Servant

Initial feedback (withou t patch 2 for revision 6 of beta 2 (this is becomming a mess))

Code:
[2008/08/23 07:13:51-38-x38]: <string>:"MiniMapRecordingButton:OnUpdate":2: attempt to call global 'MovieRecording_GetTime' (a nil value)

---
Tried to move the bagbar without beeing in /nui movers.

Other issue (I believe it to be minor) but when doing the Ogri'la Banish more demon quests debuffs disappear in the HUD view when demon get's in reach of banishing portal.

In all honesty, all debuf disappearing errors are a nuisance but not a show stopper in my opinion. Most locks will make use of some sort of curse timer (Forte, Ash_Timer etc etc) anyway so errors in the HUD should not interfere with their dot cycle.

In regards to the overlay issue on initial install of mini map and bagbar figured out quite rapidly that /nui movers should resolve this. The buttonbag achoring to the bagbar however took me a while.

Maybe an idea to not have it achor at all and make it movable ?

At this stage I have just moved the (resized) bagbar with the buttonbag to the lower right end corner. attaching to the whole frame.

From an esthetics point of view however I feel we have lost a lot of space by moving the combat log to the right side. I see no other reason than the combat log to have the right frame be this big especially since we've moved out the buttonbag (a change I am very pleased with btw so please do not change this).

Now if we were (in the future ofc) to get something like Eavesdrop instead of the default Blizzard combat log we could reposses some valuable screen space. (or give us a way to plug in other modules which would tie in with the cycling through the right hand side modules).

I know a bit of a rant there on the end but I hope you understand what I mean but else just let me know and i will try to explain it a bit further.

BTW are we done with the thread bar in the HUD cause I have a hard time decivering the meaning in the current release when soloing with just my Voidie as tank ?

08-23-08, 01:10 AM   #647
MeqTrader
An Aku'mai Servant

Just remembered somthing, would it be possible to get another clock option: Disable Server Time so people within the servers time zone do not end up with 2 clocks showing the same time ?

08-23-08, 01:46 AM   #648
MeqTrader
An Aku'mai Servant

loggin in on me druid I get this:

Code:
Date: 2008-08-23 09:49:37
ID: 1
   attempt to index global 'nUI_PetBarOptions' (a nil value)
Debug:
   nUI\Bars\nUI_PossessBar.lua:134: layoutFrame()
   nUI\Bars\nUI_PossessBar.lua:103:
AddOns:
  LoadIT, vLoadIT 20400.1
  nUI, v2.00.06 (alpha)
  Swatter, v5.0.PRE.3342
Code:
Date: 2008-08-23 09:49:37
ID: 2
Count: 11
   attempt to compare nil with string
Debug:
   nUI\Tools\nUI_Config.lua:53: patchConfig()
   nUI\AddOns\nUI_PetFeeder.lua:344:
      nUI\AddOns\nUI_PetFeeder.lua:338
AddOns:
  LoadIT, vLoadIT 20400.1
  nUI, v2.00.06 (alpha)
  Swatter, v5.0.PRE.3342
Code:
Date: 2008-08-23 09:49:39
ID: 3
Message: ..\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua line 218:
   nUI_InfoPanelSelector:SetPoint(): Couldn't find region named 'nUI_BonusBar2'
Debug:
   [C]: SetPoint()
   nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:218: applyAnchor()
   nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:346: applySkin()
   nUI\Main\nUI.lua:241:
      nUI\Main\nUI.lua:76
AddOns:
  LoadIT, vLoadIT 20400.1
  nUI, v2.00.06 (alpha)
  Swatter, v5.0.PRE.3342
Code:
Date: 2008-08-23 09:49:39
ID: 4
Debug:
AddOns:
  LoadIT, vLoadIT 20400.1
  nUI, v2.00.06 (alpha)
  Swatter, v5.0.PRE.3342

Code:
Date: 2008-08-23 09:45:15
ID: 5
Debug:
   nUI\Bars\nUI_ShapeshiftBar.lua:132: updateState()
   nUI\Bars\nUI_ShapeshiftBar.lua:107:
      nUI\Bars\nUI_ShapeshiftBar.lua:99
AddOns:
  LoadIT, vLoadIT 20400.1
  nUI, v2.00.06 (alpha)
  Swatter, v5.0.PRE.3342

Code:
ID: 6
Debug:
   nUI\Bars\nUI_PetBar.lua:227: updateState()
   nUI\Bars\nUI_PetBar.lua:171:
      nUI\Bars\nUI_PetBar.lua:129
AddOns:
  LoadIT, vLoadIT 20400.1
  nUI, v2.00.06 (alpha)
  Swatter, v5.0.PRE.3342
this is after having installed all the patches send till now

Last edited by MeqTrader : 08-23-08 at 01:51 AM.

08-23-08, 01:48 AM   #649
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Jungleanimal --

You and a few others have been getting that Possess Bar error in the update #6 -- not sure why that popped up all the sudden, but that's why I sent out the patch. It should fix it.

Originally Posted by Jungleanimal View Post
Here is what I get upon login. After that I have no action bars and the minimap is in the top right part of the screen. Me thinks the UI quit loading as stated above.

Date: 2008-08-22 21:21:37
ID: 57
Debug:

08-23-08, 01:50 AM   #650
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Ugh --

Same problem as the Possess bar... I don't understand why the program has suddenly started trying to initialize the bars before it has created the buttons. Out of the blue like this.

/sigh

Originally Posted by MeqTrader View Post
loggin in on me druid I get this:

Code:
ID: 5
Debug:
   nUI\Bars\nUI_ShapeshiftBar.lua:132: updateState()
   nUI\Bars\nUI_ShapeshiftBar.lua:107:
      nUI\Bars\nUI_ShapeshiftBar.lua:99
AddOns:
  LoadIT, vLoadIT 20400.1
  nUI, v2.00.06 (alpha)
  Swatter, v5.0.PRE.3342
Code:
ID: 6
Debug:
   nUI\Bars\nUI_PetBar.lua:227: updateState()
   nUI\Bars\nUI_PetBar.lua:171:
      nUI\Bars\nUI_PetBar.lua:129
AddOns:
  LoadIT, vLoadIT 20400.1
  nUI, v2.00.06 (alpha)
  Swatter, v5.0.PRE.3342
this is after having installed all the patches send till now

08-23-08, 01:52 AM   #651
MeqTrader
An Aku'mai Servant

go to bed and sleep on it

08-23-08, 01:54 AM   #652
MeqTrader
An Aku'mai Servant

if it makes you feel any better it is completly working on the lock so must have to do something with certain classes

working: warlock, shaman, mage, holy priest (betting shadow will have an issue as well)

not working: druid, hunter, rogue, warrior, paladin

Did I forget to test any classes ?

Looking at above list I think the issue is with the stance bar

Last edited by MeqTrader : 08-23-08 at 01:59 AM. Reason: tested all classes and added that to help

08-23-08, 02:05 AM   #653
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Initial feedback (withou t patch 2 for revision 6 of beta 2 (this is becomming a mess))
Well... yeah. But there was no point in sending out the entire build to fix one file was there?

Code:
[2008/08/23 07:13:51-38-x38]: <string>:"MiniMapRecordingButton:OnUpdate":2: attempt to call global 'MovieRecording_GetTime' (a nil value)

---
Tried to move the bagbar without beeing in /nui movers.
My bust there as I had shown all of the normally hidden buttons in order to make sure I had them lined up correctly and forgot to turn that back off... so you're seeing the movie recorder button when it isn't initialized yet and thus the error when you mouse over it.

Other issue (I believe it to be minor) but when doing the Ogri'la Banish more demon quests debuffs disappear in the HUD view when demon get's in reach of banishing portal.

In all honesty, all debuf disappearing errors are a nuisance but not a show stopper in my opinion. Most locks will make use of some sort of curse timer (Forte, Ash_Timer etc etc) anyway so errors in the HUD should not interfere with their dot cycle.
Yeah... I've kind of put that on the back burner for the moment. Buff/Debuff icons are clearly still a little wacked, but they're mostly functional and I really need to get the rest of the program back up and running, then I can come back to stuff like that. This is alpha code and we're previewing a beta, so I really need to stop being so anal about everything being perfect.

In regards to the overlay issue on initial install of mini map and bagbar figured out quite rapidly that /nui movers should resolve this. The buttonbag achoring to the bagbar however took me a while.
Well... the button bag is being treated quite literally as a bag... same as any of the other five or the keyring. The only "bug" I see there at this point is that you should be able to open it when the bag bar is hidden. If you move the bag bar, the buttonbag should move with it just as do the regular bags.

Maybe an idea to not have it achor at all and make it movable ?
To be honest, I'm not that crazy about that... programmatically it starts getting messy.

At this stage I have just moved the (resized) bagbar with the buttonbag to the lower right end corner. attaching to the whole frame.

From an esthetics point of view however I feel we have lost a lot of space by moving the combat log to the right side. I see no other reason than the combat log to have the right frame be this big especially since we've moved out the buttonbag (a change I am very pleased with btw so please do not change this).
I think that's psychological more than anything else. The size of the info box on the right is identical to the size of the original info box. The size of the Omen and KLH panels changed because of the amount of back channel complaints I had about them being too small and hard to watch in the heat of combat, etc. When I brought up the idea of combining them into even smaller views I had an e-mail riot. The idea of moving the button bag out of the panel, however, led to a lot of positive feedback, so I took that as the default path of least resistance.

Trust me, for every one post you see on the forum, there are 10+ e-mails... it's a thin balancing act trying to keep all sides satisfied. My suggestion on this would be that when the skinning process is enabled, we can address things like this better.

Now if we were (in the future ofc) to get something like Eavesdrop instead of the default Blizzard combat log we could reposses some valuable screen space. (or give us a way to plug in other modules which would tie in with the cycling through the right hand side modules).
The info panel, actually, already is designed (In Beta 2) as a full featured plugin panel. Which is another reason why the button bag got moved because it becomes an issue when you start asking third party mod writers to jump through your quirks such as whether or not the button bag is visible and users being pissed off because they have to cycle through 5 panels to get to one that they can click their minimap buttons on, etc. This way the user can access their button bag anytime they want, unless it is open the only real estate it uses is the space for the button on the bag bar and now the entire info panel is open to mod authors to use as they see fit without caveat.

I know a bit of a rant there on the end but I hope you understand what I mean but else just let me know and i will try to explain it a bit further.
No worries... the fact that nUI is as good as it is has nothing to do with me... it's about the user feedback such as this that has made it grow.

BTW are we done with the thread bar in the HUD cause I have a hard time decivering the meaning in the current release when soloing with just my Voidie as tank ?
The threat bar will be back by Sunday. The bar that you are looking at in the HUD atm is the Health Race Bar which is a (to the best of my knowledge) feature entirely unique to nUI. There's a description of it and what it means here... http://www.wowinterface.com/download...p?id=9108#info Just scroll down the wall of text and you'll find a section that describes how to use the health race bar... to tell you the truth, with that, you don't need unit frames or a HUD in PvP (in my opinion)

EDIT: I should add... I got rid of the mouseover tooltip on the health race bar... it sometimes interfered with targeting and other things and there really wasn't much "unique" informatin in it anyway. So when you read the description you can ignore the part about tooltips. I also change the bar coloring so the left bar shades according to the player's health, the right side shades according to the target's health and the outer frame shades according to your overall status (green when you're kicking their butt, red when they're kicking yours, etc.)

Last edited by spiel2001 : 08-23-08 at 02:15 AM.

08-23-08, 02:11 AM   #654
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Yeah... that makes is look like the stance/shapefshift bar is the issue. On the other hand, I've been playing my Hunter all day in AB and AV and haven't had that error on any of the bars that you guys are getting.

Isn't that the way is always works? You can test intensely for two days and never see a bug... send it to an end user and five minutes later they're in your ear about how it's broken ~lol~

I love being a programmer

/sigh

if it makes you feel any better it is completly working on the lock so must have to do something with certain classes

working: warlock, shaman, mage, holy priest (betting shadow will have an issue as well)

not working: druid, hunter, rogue, warrior, paladin

Did I forget to test any classes ?

Looking at above list I think the issue is with the stance bar

08-23-08, 02:11 AM   #655
MeqTrader
An Aku'mai Servant

Well... yeah. But there was no point in sending out the entire build to fix one file was there?
no, was more kiddin

but it is gettin rather late at your end some should you not catch some zzz and get a fresh look on the current major issue(s) ?

08-23-08, 02:44 AM   #656
spiel2001
nUI's Author

no, was more kiddin

but it is gettin rather late at your end some should you not catch some zzz and get a fresh look on the current major issue(s) ?
Actually, I crashed about 7pm for about 5 hours... so I'm back at it for a while. Been doing some AV and AB and trying to tune performance a little more.

08-23-08, 03:08 AM   #657
MeqTrader
An Aku'mai Servant

good, gief fix plox

08-23-08, 03:25 AM   #658
spiel2001
nUI's Author

good, gief fix plox

Okay... what language was that? ~Lol~

08-23-08, 03:37 AM   #659
MeqTrader
An Aku'mai Servant

european youngster slang (can't make heads or tails from it most of the time )

08-23-08, 03:41 AM   #660
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Got the same error as MeqTrader did. Both patches were applied to beta 2 v6

Code:
Date: 2008-08-23 11:24:10
ID: 28
Count: 155
	[string "MiniMapRecordingButton:OnUpdate"] line 2:
	attempt to call global 'MovieRecording_GetTime' (a nil value)
Debug:
   	[C]: MovieRecording_GetTime()
   	[string "*:OnUpdate"]:2:
      	[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1
I am using a few other addons, but they don't seem to be interfering with nUI. I'll be trying out nUI with some other higher level characters to see how they work out coz at the moment I've only tested on a low lvl hunter.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement