Quantcast
Fan update on a DaniUI - WoWInterface
Thread Tools Display Modes
10-19-10, 03:43 AM   #1
Mystery
A Defias Bandit
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3
Fan update on a DaniUI

Hy all.

I have a request, if someone who knows what is doing, to help me out :P

For a wery wery long time ive been using this UI :
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...niUI.html#info

But with the recent 4.0.1 patch, this has gone down the pipe for me :/
Now i dont have one clue on what to do, other than apdating addons, but its just not working anymore,...

So my request is, if someone could make an update, so it would work with the newest patch.

With Regards,
Cole
  Reply With Quote
10-19-10, 01:01 PM   #2
Luponius
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9
Hello, Mystery.

I see that the addons used and the layout of the interface in itself is not too hard to acquire, as shown in the screenshots provided.

There is most probably one major problem though, you will have to ask someone who actually used the interface itself. While we can see what visible frames are up at that point in time, we don't know all the details, and what actions happen under what situations [animation effects and their detail].

One good way to get closer to what is in the screenshot is to take a peek at Shadowed Unit Frames and kgPanels. While both are not exactly beginner addons to configure you'll probably get way closer to what you want by tweaking a few settings here and there in them.

But once again, without actual knowledge of functionality, rebuilding an interface will be hard-ish.
  Reply With Quote
10-19-10, 04:34 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer
 
Seerah's Avatar
WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,733
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
But with the recent 4.0.1 patch, this has gone down the pipe for me :/
Now i dont have one clue on what to do, other than apdating addons, but its just not working anymore,...
I thought all of those addons have been updated or still work. What is the issue you are having?
__________________
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

  Reply With Quote
10-20-10, 02:04 AM   #4
Mystery
A Defias Bandit
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3
Hy and Thanks for the replie.

@Luponius:
"without actual knowledge of functionality, rebuilding an interface will be hard-ish"

Yeah i know, that is the same reason i use pre-made UIs, couse after weeks of trying i got no where from the start :P

@Seerah:
"What is the issue you are having?"

Colors were no where near on what it was at the beginning, but now it was "blue-ish, pink, see-thru, stuff bigger and smaller", now i went into those settings that has collors, resizeing... yeah,... i made an eaven bigger mess, eaven tho i watched videos on YouTube and How To Guides. :P (im just that good)

So i thought, heck, let me just delete everything and just start all over again by downloading the pack again.

Now i cant eaven log in, as long as any of those addons are in WoW settings.
I get till Character selection screen, but that is about it. :/

If i instal all those addons one by one, i can log in, but meaning i would have to do all that on my own, so yeah....

Now i understand how much hard work it requires to make an UI, i was doing it for a more that one month day after day, and i got no where,...
I know its just an UI, but there was something about that UI that just made go "Nice" and i think i downloaded it just when it came out

Anyways, Thanks again for the replie and i apologise if my english is a bit off.
Regards,
Cole
  Reply With Quote
10-20-10, 06:42 AM   #5
Luponius
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
Hy and Thanks for the replie.

@Luponius:
"without actual knowledge of functionality, rebuilding an interface will be hard-ish"

Yeah i know, that is the same reason i use pre-made UIs, couse after weeks of trying i got no where from the start :P
I can relate very well to that. I used to be clueless about basically anything, what I did was stick to one clean interface (similar to DaniUI) and slowly looked through the settings I found available in these packs. By doing this every so often I quickly gained a solid foundation to doing stuff right, occasionally tweaking something and seeing how my changes "broke" or modified it visually.

Later on I managed to just make a list of my favourite must-have addons and configure them one by one. Takes time if it's your first attempt at this and the results may turn out disappointing, but the more sense you get for different interfaces the more you'll improve.

Just a few days ago I gave it another shot since 4.0.1 broke my old Caith-based interface (modified it to my tastes) and it turned out quite alright. Still want some extra functionality into it to make it even cleaner when out of combat, and decided to take a short recording of it:
http://www.xfire.com/video/38c203/ [If you're interested I can give you the files for it, tho it's not 100% finished - could be useful until you find an appropriate interface to settle with]

Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
@Seerah:
"What is the issue you are having?"

Colors were no where near on what it was at the beginning, but now it was "blue-ish, pink, see-thru, stuff bigger and smaller", now i went into those settings that has collors, resizeing... yeah,... i made an eaven bigger mess, eaven tho i watched videos on YouTube and How To Guides. :P (im just that good)

So i thought, heck, let me just delete everything and just start all over again by downloading the pack again.

Now i cant eaven log in, as long as any of those addons are in WoW settings.
I get till Character selection screen, but that is about it. :/

If i instal all those addons one by one, i can log in, but meaning i would have to do all that on my own, so yeah....

Now i understand how much hard work it requires to make an UI, i was doing it for a more that one month day after day, and i got no where,...
I know its just an UI, but there was something about that UI that just made go "Nice" and i think i downloaded it just when it came out

Anyways, Thanks again for the replie and i apologise if my english is a bit off.
Regards,
Cole
Yes, interfaces are not easy to put together, although once you've done it a couple of times, things become way faster. [1 hour maximum to go from scratch to what I've done in the video]

And no, it ain't "just" an interface, the UI is at least 90% of WoW. You're always looking at it for the most part and interacting with it (thus its name!). A bad interface can make a decent player into a bad one, a great interface can turn a bad one into a decent one! =]

Regardless, my suggestion is to contact the author of the UI package, and request any updates possible on it. In the meantime find another reliable interface and use that in hopes DaniUI comes back up again =]

Last edited by Luponius : 10-20-10 at 07:51 AM.
  Reply With Quote
10-22-10, 02:16 AM   #6
Mystery
A Defias Bandit
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3
Thanks for offering your UI, but my wife and i, decided we should spend some quality time behind the PC and we will try to make our ovn UI

We have a lot of time now, since the raiding stoped till cata, and that way we actualy can focus on other stuff to :P

Who knows, mybe i will upload the final masterpiece here (when/if we get there) :P

Thanks again for your help, have fun and take care
With regards,
Cole
  Reply With Quote
10-22-10, 05:28 AM   #7
sikwidit
A Fallenroot Satyr
 
sikwidit's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 28
try this...


http://www.wowinterface.com/download...445-SikUI.html

  Reply With Quote

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Fan update on a DaniUI

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off