11-18-14, 04:11 PM   #1
Spunkymanker
A Fallenroot Satyr
The unsupported version does make the map work(ish). In my opinion, the bugs and problems are much less annoying than Blizzard's default map. Some quest tracking works, some not at all, and some is a little off.. but workable for now.

Thank you again, Rythal, for all your hard work, can't wait to have your official release when it's done.

11-18-14, 06:43 PM   #2
Kreelor
A Firelord

Thank you, both Rythal and Spunkymanker, for replying. Your replies were concise and to the point.

I went ahead and followed all the steps given by Ebnor in his post #1. It was an excellent list of steps and easy to follow. However... after performing the process 3 times (including deleting all the Carbonite files and the WTF), I cannot get the game to run. It hangs my display and the game as soon as I load my char into the game. I have had to use Ctrl/Alt/Del each time to get out of it. I followed each of his steps and suggestions precisely, each time. The only variation was that I used the most recently-dated Ace DB submission, instead of the older one which he gave in his example. I don't know if that makes a difference, or not, but at this point, I'm not ready to start over again. So, I'm back to plain ol' WoW. For some reason, I thought a lot of players had gotten the game to work with "something" Carbonite-related? And, even last week I had the Carbonite maps and the Warehouse working. I'm not sure, but maybe I was using the Git fixes, even though I only found out today that nobody is supposed to use them, unless they are developers? I've forgotten exactly what I did last week already. I'll just wait until Rythal gets everything done as he has planned to do. I'm sure he'll do a fine job of it. Thanks again for replying.

11-18-14, 09:55 PM   #3
edcaguy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm using the GIT version for old content and disabling the addon in new zones. Because of errors in chat. Really missing routes for my herbing and mining.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Multiple Choices for Carbonite versions