03-30-17, 09:12 PM   #1
Justgiz
An Aku'mai Servant
Artifact Power token percentage

With the changes of Artifact power and Artifact knowledge in 7.2 i noticed that the numbers are getting really MASSIVE. When getting more traits, the cost will go up, but with more knowledge, the tokens will give more.

So instead of seeing a number, is it possible to change it to a percent of the current trait you're working towards instead? Not seeing what percent using it will get you to, but the percent you will gain from using it. So instead of seeing "400,400". You see "1.82%". (Wow, now that I did the math, that token felt like a lot, but that's really small)
03-31-17, 11:14 PM   #2
briskman3000
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not exactly what you asked for, but the best I could come up with is this addon that adds the percentage to the bottom of the tooltip for AP items.

WowInterface Link
Curse Link
04-01-17, 11:18 PM   #3
Justgiz
An Aku'mai Servant
That's exactly what i was looking for thank you.

There isnt a way to change/remove "Grants x,xxx Artifact Power..." from the tooltip, right?
04-03-17, 10:30 AM   #4
briskman3000
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There probably is, but I'm not 100% sure on how I would accomplish that, considering I'm still fairly green with creating addons.

I have an idea on how to do it, but since the text in question usually wraps to a second line in the tooltip and the break point for the wrap can be different for each item depending on the tooltip frame size, I'm not sure how to grab the whole thing and yank it out.

In my head I would do something like this, but from my understanding this would not actually work with the way I currently code the addon and the wrapping.
Lua Code:
  1. string.gsub(string.find(_G[self:GetName().."TextLeft"..i]:GetText(), ^_G["USE"] .* _G["ITEM_QUALITY6_DESC"], "Artifact Power Percent: " .. string.format("%3.5f", appercent) .. "%")

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Artifact Power token percentage