07-25-11, 10:19 AM   #501
Azelphur
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by anseloth View Post
well, below is a link to a part of the official Macaroon FAQ, that sounds like it might have at least SOME of the info you want.

I like really, really, really complex bars. How do you do this in Macaroon?

(and yes, that really is the name of the page.)
If there's a way to do it with this, I'm not seeing it.

07-26-11, 03:59 PM   #502
Hathrin
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Třasty View Post
After creating the vehicle bar did you add buttons to it? If you did, ensure that the buttons are using the ActionID identifier so the buttons will fill with the appropriate action items. You should be able to mouse click on the buttons to change between the Macro, ActionID (ect.) identifier.
Eek, please forgive me. Exactly how do I go about doing this? I'm sorry, I'm really new to Addons haha /:

07-31-11, 08:43 AM   #503
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Hathrin View Post
Eek, please forgive me. Exactly how do I go about doing this? I'm sorry, I'm really new to Addons haha /:
If you haven't figured it out yet you first go to Bar Edit mode (click the macaroon Minimap button, then right click the bar of your choice), select the preset option Vehicle (and to be sure you get the action buttons if you're not in a vehicle but have control of something anyways.. also select Possess) then click on the bar again and again to get it to change state to Vehicle.(Do the following again for the possess state)
Now, if there isn't any buttons in that state - add buttons.
After you've added buttons you can easily just use the GUI to go to Button Edit mode you can also Alt-click the Macaroon Minimap button.
Now each button got text on it saying wether it's a macro-button or ActionID button or a PetID button.
You can change this by clicking each button untill you get your wanted type, in this case ActionID.
Now there's only one thing left to do: Making sure the ActionID:# are correct. Vehicle and Possess uses ActionID 121-132.

now go get em!

Possibly helpful link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn9pnTwxKAM

08-06-11, 09:04 AM   #504
shathis
A Kobold Labourer
Just switched to this addon and am really liking it. Is there a cooldown mod tho that works with the acitonbars, I ussed to use cooldowns but it dosn't work with this. I have tried omnicc and it does work but omni adds timers to everything and the size isnt adjustable between em so to get the numbers the right size on the action bars means they are way to big on my buffs/debuffs etc. Or is there a way to adjust the macaroon cd text to make it larger.

10-20-11, 01:28 PM   #505
Carusun
A Murloc Raider
Is it possible to change the font used for the keybind text?
I've tried adding
button.hotkey:SetFont("\\Interface\\AddOns\\Stuf\\media\\font1.ttf", 8, "OUTLINE, MONOCHROME")
at approximately line 464 in Macaroon_Buttons.lua but to no avail.

If anyone could point me towards what I should be doing, and where, that'd be great

10-22-11, 07:52 PM   #506
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Carusun View Post
Is it possible to change the font used for the keybind text?
I've tried adding
button.hotkey:SetFont("\\Interface\\AddOns\\Stuf\\media\\font1.ttf", 8, "OUTLINE, MONOCHROME")
at approximately line 464 in Macaroon_Buttons.lua but to no avail.

If anyone could point me towards what I should be doing, and where, that'd be great
Think it'd be in the Macaroon.xml
However I believe the same font is used for lots of things so not sure you can just change it like that w/o also changing other stuff that inherits the same font.

10-31-11, 02:56 AM   #507
Phanx
Cat.

This works, and also lets you make any other aesthetic changes you want to Macaroon's buttons in the same place:

MacaroonCustom.toc
Code:
## Interface: 40200
## Dependencies: Macaroon

MacaroonCustom.lua
MacaroonCustom.lua
Code:
local Macaroon_SkinBar = Macaroon.SkinBar
Macaroon.SkinBar = function(bar, parent)
	Macaroon_SkinBar(bar, parent)
	if bar.config.buttonList then
		for _, btnIDList in pairs(bar.config.buttonList) do
			for btnID in btnIDList:gmatch("[^;]+") do
				local button = _G[bar.btnType .. btnID]
				if button then
					button.hotkey:SetFont("Interface\\AddOns\\Stuf\\media\\font1.ttf", 8, "OUTLINE, MONOCHROME")
					-- you can also change button.count and/or button.macroname
				end
			end
		end
	end
end
As a side note, font (or other file) paths begin with just "Interface", not "\\Interface".

11-08-11, 12:36 AM   #508
Daleicmhn
A Defias Bandit
Question Blasted Button Data

First off, props to this wonderful addon and those who maintain it. So, I've got the latest version of Macaroon, including the latest Menu/Bag Xtras and the Profile Manager.

Sadly, I have a problem trying to save a profile from button one character and loading it into another. The bar and button layouts seem to load fine, but no info from button id's, bindings, scale, alpha etc survives. I'm grateful that the layout survives, but it does get rather tedious trying to redo all that button data over and over again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE!! Solved (I think...)

I read up on the two dual spec checkboxes (the one in the profile manager and the ones found in the bar editor when the profile manager box is checked). Apparently, checking the individual bars' dual spec box and later checking the profile manager dual spec enable box was a no-no, so I went back and unchecked all the individual checkboxes and saved my profile that way and it apparently worked.

Last edited by Daleicmhn : 11-08-11 at 12:57 AM.

11-09-11, 02:08 AM   #509
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Originally Posted by Daleicmhn View Post
First off, props to this wonderful addon and those who maintain it. So, I've got the latest version of Macaroon, including the latest Menu/Bag Xtras and the Profile Manager.

Sadly, I have a problem trying to save a profile from button one character and loading it into another. The bar and button layouts seem to load fine, but no info from button id's, bindings, scale, alpha etc survives. I'm grateful that the layout survives, but it does get rather tedious trying to redo all that button data over and over again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE!! Solved (I think...)

I read up on the two dual spec checkboxes (the one in the profile manager and the ones found in the bar editor when the profile manager box is checked). Apparently, checking the individual bars' dual spec box and later checking the profile manager dual spec enable box was a no-no, so I went back and unchecked all the individual checkboxes and saved my profile that way and it apparently worked.
congrats, because until now, i wasn't sure it was even possible to load a profile from one toon onto a different toon (at Macaroon's current level of development, anyway).

in any case...

Yay!!

11-09-11, 04:36 PM   #510
Aanson
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Re-paranting a mac frame to eg. "MerchantFrame"

Hey!! First off, regarding the previous post, ofcourse you can!!! Mac has the profiles option. Save your current bar layout and button contents (by right clicking on the minimap button and picking "Profile"), log to a different toon, and load the profile you just saved. Easy!

Hi

Phanx, I saw your post on the Macaroon forums (pasted below). I've been looking for a very long time for a way to change the Parent of one of my Macaroon Bars ("MacaroonBars38" in this case) so that instead of it being the generic "UIParent", it's "MerchantFrame" instead.

Although I've been studying the layout of Lua over the last few days, I'm still not all that good at reading it. Is it possible for the code you wrote below to achieve what I'm looking for?

Ultimately, I'd like the bar to appear only when I open a merchant frame, and hide at all other times.

Any help you or anyone else could give on this would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
This works, and also lets you make any other aesthetic changes you want to Macaroon's buttons in the same place:

MacaroonCustom.toc
Code:
## Interface: 40200
## Dependencies: Macaroon

MacaroonCustom.lua
MacaroonCustom.lua
Code:
local Macaroon_SkinBar = Macaroon.SkinBar
Macaroon.SkinBar = function(bar, parent)
	Macaroon_SkinBar(bar, parent)
		for _, btnIDList in pairs(bar.config.buttonList) do
			for btnID in btnIDList:gmatch("[^;]+") do
				local button = _G[bar.btnType .. btnID]
				if button then
					button.hotkey:SetFont("Interface\\AddOns\\Stuf\\media\\font1.ttf", 8, "OUTLINE, MONOCHROME")
					-- you can also change button.count and/or button.macroname
				end
			end
		end
	end
end
As a side note, font (or other file) paths begin with just "Interface", not "\\Interface".

11-09-11, 08:44 PM   #511
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Aanson View Post
Phanx ... I've been looking for a very long time for a way to change the Parent of one of my Macaroon Bars ("MacaroonBars38" in this case) so that instead of it being the generic "UIParent", it's "MerchantFrame" instead. ... Is it possible for the code you wrote below to achieve what I'm looking for? Ultimately, I'd like the bar to appear only when I open a merchant frame, and hide at all other times.
Just reparent the bar before the loop that runs through the bar's buttons (or instead of it).

Before:
Code:
Add:
Code:
bar:SetParent(MerchantFrame)
Be aware, however, that if you parent a secure frame (eg. an action bar or an action button) to a non-secure frame, you will encounter problems, especially while in combat. You might be better off simply hiding the bar (eg. bar:Hide()) and then hooking the merchant frame's OnShow/OnHide scripts to show/hide the bar as needed, with checks to make sure you don't try to do it while in combat.

11-26-11, 09:25 AM   #512
FlopsyPrince
A Defias Bandit
Bar Overwriting

I have been using Macaroon for some time, but I am having trouble with the pilgrim holiday bar on one toon.

It draws the bar and immediately clears it so nothing is visible. I tried to play around with editing it, but I could not find anything that could make it work.

I did have separate vehicle, pet and possession bars, but I moved those so they didn't overlap and I still got the overwrite behavior. I tried several things, including removing all the bars, setting it to be actionID, etc. and nothing worked. I had to login with Macaroon disabled to get it to show up right. This was on a warrior if it matters.

It worked fine on several other toons, so I don't know what the problem was. It will be too late for this holiday (likely) by the time I get a reply, but I would like to now in case this comes up again.

EDIT: I just tried it on my other warrior and it does the same thing, flashing the blizzard options (turkey, stuffing, etc.) and then blanking them out.

Fortunately, my "main" I did the achievements on is a hunter, though it worked fine on a lot of other toons, just not my 2 warriors. Note that they have a "stance" option, which may not be setup.

Last edited by FlopsyPrince : 11-26-11 at 09:34 AM.

11-26-11, 09:40 AM   #513
FlopsyPrince
A Defias Bandit
Locking All Buttons?

Another question I have wondered about for a while: Can I lock all the buttons on the display from being changed except if I hold down the Ctrl key while dragging a new option on them?

I find that I can accidentally mess things up in the heat of battle. The Blizzard tool bar has the ability to do that.

EDIT: Requiring the Ctrl keypress would include moving icons off the current toolbars, which is my main problem.

Last edited by FlopsyPrince : 11-26-11 at 10:12 AM.

11-27-11, 02:10 PM   #514
cryowolf
A Murloc Raider
4.3?

Any fix in sight for 4.3 ?

The official 4.3 release is imminent, I believe.

11-29-11, 03:57 AM   #515
xboxdude1
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
4.3 Fixes and updates? Macaroon is also broken with Masque.

11-29-11, 10:36 PM   #516
Brada
A Murloc Raider
Ultraxion

Also, the new button doesn't show up on Ultraxion. Kinda an issue. >.<

11-30-11, 09:04 PM   #517
Brada
A Murloc Raider
Uh, the button I was referring to is Heroic Will from the Ultraxion fight. I was able to work around Macaroon not having it by binding it directly in the keybinding interface built into the game. It's just under the Action Button 12 binding, and is listed as Extra Action Button 1. The raid finder button also seems to be missing.

01-01-12, 07:06 PM   #518
Daleicmhn
A Defias Bandit
Shift Clicky

Hi, guys. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to bind a (modifier)+(mouse button click) to a button. In other words, I'd like to be able to do something like bind a button to activate when I hold shift and press the left mouse button. When I try to bind a macaroon button that way, it naturally just 'lock's or 'priority's the button. Is there a workaround to get the binding I need, or perhaps an addon or supplement I can use in tandem with macaroon? I know such a bind is possible. CT Mod allows it, but it'll only bind action buttons and not macaroon macro buttons I use for cat/bear/moonkin form. Thanks for the help.

01-02-12, 12:53 AM   #519
Phanx
Cat.

You could use Clique to bind Shift+LeftClick to run some macrotext, like "/click MacaroonButtonX". Use /framestack to get the actual name of the button you want it to click.

03-28-12, 01:46 PM   #520
wowunderachiever
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I absolutely love the concept of this addon. I would love to be able to do what Macaroon apparently does but I have had a really hard time figuring it out. Most of the documentation sort of gives definitions on what each thing does but not the step by step.

With the problems I've run into I don't know if the addon is buggy or I am doing something wrong.

For example - I wanted a simple targetting macro - I built the macro and it works fine but for some reason the chosen icon never shows. I fiddled with trying to get that thing to work for about half an hour (on top of who knows how long I spent researching and figuring out how to build the bar in the first place) and gave up.

Where can I find the best documentation and guides on this? I've seen some Youtube videos which were pretty poor, and a few online howtos that showed me how to do some of the simplest things - anything comprehensive?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread