02-17-17, 07:45 AM   #1
marswin
A Defias Bandit
Korean AddOn Translation Help

I have recently found clean, minimal, and low resource raid frame used by several Korean players. However it seems that it doesn't have a language pack. All interface options in the GUI are in Korean.

Is there anyway I could get this to either a) translate via an addon, or b) edit it myself with the help of Google translate. I don't need it to translate 100%, just enough to allow me to understand what the options do.

Here is the GitHub link from which I downloaded the AddOn -- https://github.com/yangparing/InvenRaidFrames3

Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
02-17-17, 10:45 AM   #2
briskman3000
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm pretty sure that there isn't a way in-game to translate text that is displayed by an add-on, which is why they have to be written with localization files for the different languages if you want to support them.

I would not recommend attempting to edit out the Korean text into English if you aren't at least somewhat familiar with addon coding as you could mistakenly break the entire addon by editing out something that you werent supposed to.

I can take a peek later on and see what I can come up with, probably won't be until later tonight, unless someone else beats me to it.
02-17-17, 05:26 PM   #3
marswin
A Defias Bandit
Thank you I appreciate it.
02-18-17, 12:17 AM   #4
Layback_
An Onyxian Warder
As a Korean, I could help in terms of translation, but like briskman3000 said, my attempts could break the entire addon and I would like to avoid it.

Thus, if someone comes up with a localization file, I could translate it into English during my free times
03-07-17, 02:12 AM   #5
arith
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Have you tried contacted the original author to externalized all strings into separate localization file?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Korean AddOn Translation Help