06-10-06, 08:49 AM   #1
DivineDragon68
A Defias Bandit

No Add on button

Hi, I am completly new to the whole UI process. I have absolutly no idea what I am doing so please try not to get mad at me. I know I am missing something but I dont know that. I have been trying to download the Insomniax Recompilation Mod for the last couple of days. I cant seem to get it working though. I did what it say in the read me file (deleteing the WTF and WBD, Launch, Login, Exit, install, login) but the add on button that is supposed to appear never does. Im not sure what I am supposed to do. I have it installed in /WorldOfWarcraft/Interface/AddOns and then on the inside it is just a bunch of files. Im not sure what I am missing and any help would be much appreciated. Is there any place special that I am supposed to extract it too? If someone could just help me out and let me know what I am doing wrong, or possibly show me the link that you have it installed under I would be unendingly grateful!

Thanx
Tass
06-10-06, 10:07 AM   #2
Dhraga
A Fallenroot Satyr
Sounds as your missing the addons own folders...
In wow\interface\addon\ it should not be files, it should be one folder for eac addon like ex. wow\interface\addons\Defendyourself and so on.

Your prob missing to extract the folders in the zip file when unpacking, if your using winzip select *use folder names*.

But all of this info can be found in the *ReadMeFirst* post in this section.
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1236

/Dhraga
06-11-06, 05:06 PM   #3
DivineDragon68
A Defias Bandit

Ok, I went in and changed all of that. Redid everything so now it is /interface/addons/<folders>. It still isnt working. I am wondering if maybe I have it in the wrong wow folder. On my computer there is a folder called WorldOfWarcraft and then 2 more with a "1" and a "2" at the end of it. Should I try putting it into the interface folder in one of thoes? I hate not understanding problems.
06-11-06, 06:04 PM   #4
trefaes
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ok so someone must have duplicated your WoW folder for some reason, or it's been reinstalled after formats etc.
The best way to find out which one you're actually using is to go to the shorcut you use to launch the game (On your desktop, start menu or whatever), right click on it, go to properties and in the 'target' box it should show you exactly where you're running WoW from.
That's the folder you want to install your addons to.
06-11-06, 06:05 PM   #5
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
you should only have one folder like "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft"
06-12-06, 07:11 AM   #6
Marour
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

If there ar no AddOn's installed there is no addon button as well.
You must have taken the wrong folder.
Try one of those 2 others you found.
And if you found the right one delete the 2 others..... the are 4.5 gigabite each.. zo it takes a lot of diskspace
06-12-06, 01:56 PM   #7
DivineDragon68
A Defias Bandit

Thanx everyone, that was the issue. It is fixed now and I can get back to kicking butt again!!

Tass
05-28-11, 01:39 PM   #8
NekoSheila
A Kobold Labourer
I right clicked on it and the target says "D:\[games]\World of Warcraft\Launcher.exe" I'm pretty sure that's wrong. What do I do to fix it?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » No Add on button