09-18-14, 03:39 PM   #1
Danielps1
WrathsUI feedback

Hey I'm in the process of building my new UI mostly out of Code of already existing Addons and I would love to hear some feedback.
Here is what I've got so far.

In a raid:

Just chilling in Stormwind

09-18-14, 09:53 PM   #2
Lightbound
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looks smooth and simple. Nothing really new in terms of styling but overall it is looking clean and does show what you want to see.
09-18-14, 10:03 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

+1 for a readable font at a readable size.

Only complaints:
- Way too many action buttons -- go get OPie!
- Round-cornered nameplates don't match the rest of the UI
- Random empty panels below the chat frame and damage/threat meters seem pointless
- Boss mod timer bars need borders and look like they're using a bar texture with a slight gradient instead of the flat texture you're using everywhere else
09-18-14, 11:44 PM   #4
syncrow
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

like Phanx already said:
- the bottom panels left/right without some kind of information footage are really pointless though
(you maybe can fill it with titanpanel info or something similar)
- DBM / BigWigs timer need a little style hack for the icon border and another bar texture to fit the style.

stuff disturbing me:
- OmniCC cooldown timer on your actionbars need a bit of resize. They're to big imo.
- reposition your scrolling combat text for your heals/absorbs/dodges/parries. Maybe under the your main tank unit frames or left of your actionbar / player frame

The rest of you're UI seems clean! Smooth and easy style.

Last edited by syncrow : 09-19-14 at 01:27 AM.
09-19-14, 01:07 AM   #5
Danielps1
Completly agree.

The Nameplates are not really finished, I used something from an old Interface, I will do my own soon hopefully ^^

I don't know if I want to get less ActionButtons, Opie is cool but It doesn't really allow me to monitor my Cooldowns. So why would I want to get like another addon to monitor cooldowns which blocks screen instead of using a Actionbar.

The Panels under the Chat are supposed to hold information like Gold, Ping, FPS. I just can't figure out how to do it in Lua. I already failed on the Clock, because the one that I did doesn't update. And Now I'm kinda pushing the task to do it away.
I don't want to use an Addon with ingame config but if there is one very simple with only Lua, I would love to hear the name.

And about DBM, yeah I'm lazy. I don't consider DBM part of my actual UI and usally just throw it on when I raid but I will reposition it and skin the bars right.

OmniCC might be too big true. Here I used "Cooldowns" btw. I switched to tullaCC which is like a leightweight OmniCC from the same author.

And finally about the Heals. They are pretty broad so either I get a Combat Text Addon or I will just put it a big higher.
What would be the easiest way to move it. Does anyone know? Like can I call it in Lua and change the position?

Thanks for the Feedback
09-19-14, 05:02 AM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Danielps1 View Post
Opie is cool but It doesn't really allow me to monitor my Cooldowns. So why would I want to get like another addon to monitor cooldowns which blocks screen instead of using a Actionbar.
CoolLine is a single bar the size of one of your boss timer bars, that shows all of your cooldowns. Takes up way less space than all those action bars. I only have 6 visible action buttons in my entire UI, on all classes.

The Panels under the Chat are supposed to hold information like Gold, Ping, FPS. I just can't figure out how to do it in Lua. ... I don't want to use an Addon with ingame config but if there is one very simple with only Lua, I would love to hear the name.
CargoShip. I don't think it's maintained anymore, but nothing in the LibDataBroker and basic frame APIs have changed in a long time, so it should probably still work fine.

And finally about the Heals. They are pretty broad so either I get a Combat Text Addon or I will just put it a big higher. What would be the easiest way to move it. Does anyone know? Like can I call it in Lua and change the position?
If you're using the built-in floating combat text it's not really movable. Mik's Scrolling Battle Text is popular, actively maintained, and quite lightweight especially given its configurability, so I'd suggest using that. Some people like Parrot, but its original author abandoned it years ago, and it's just gotten random fixes here and there from random community members, so I wouldn't recommend getting attached to it.
09-19-14, 05:58 AM   #7
Danielps1
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
CoolLine is a single bar the size of one of your boss timer bars, that shows all of your cooldowns. Takes up way less space than all those action bars. I only have 6 visible action buttons in my entire UI, on all classes.
Well for each their own. I have my bars a bit organized and when I look in the Left-Top corner I see how many defensive cooldowns I have. I like that. I won't be using every cooldown on "cooldown"

CargoShip. I don't think it's maintained anymore, but nothing in the LibDataBroker and basic frame APIs have changed in a long time, so it should probably still work fine.
Looks intresting! I will definitely look into that, probably will have to re-skin some stuff, but thanks!

If you're using the built-in floating combat text it's not really movable. Mik's Scrolling Battle Text is popular, actively maintained, and quite lightweight especially given its configurability, so I'd suggest using that. Some people like Parrot, but its original author abandoned it years ago, and it's just gotten random fixes here and there from random community members, so I wouldn't recommend getting attached to it.
Yeah I know MSBT. I used it some time ago, but honestly I like the standard Blizzard Damage text so much because it is kinda flashy. Sounds dumb but with MSBT I feel like I do no damage, which isn't fun.

I might get xCT (I think it is still maintained) or MSBT just for the Heals and reposition then somewhere.
I will leave the damage alone and just change the font

Edit:

Changed up some Stuff. Buffs on the Unitframes are now correctly skinned. Well atleast a bit. Sometimes, I don't know why randomly some Buffs just loose their Skin. or the Skin is displayed bugged. Why? WHy!?
ouF_Skaarj is just soooo huge that I can't deal with all that code, I'm thinking of switching but a lot of ouF Skins are simply outdated.

infopanels are now in place. might have to tweak some stuff because it isn't even in the spaces. I used http://www.wowinterface.com/download...inbarInfo.html

For it since It was the easiest with just copy-pasting and offered everything I wanted.

Edit 2:

Is there an efficent way to change every Font in the game to mine? I know I could swap out some stuff in the "Fonts" folder in the directory but I wan't to keep everything in my Addon.

Last edited by Danielps1 : 09-19-14 at 10:05 AM.
09-19-14, 11:40 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
A Fonts folder is *the* efficient way to change your fonts. In addition, it will change *all* fonts including your damage text and the names over characters in the game world.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-19-14, 12:14 PM   #9
Danielps1
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
A Fonts folder is *the* efficient way to change your fonts. In addition, it will change *all* fonts including your damage text and the names over characters in the game world.
Yeah, I know. I just want to keep it inside the Addons folder. I mean when you install an Interface it shouldn't mess with other things, it is an addon!
09-19-14, 09:49 PM   #10
Phanx
Cat.

Yeah, I know. I just want to keep it inside the Addons folder. I mean when you install an Interface it shouldn't mess with other things, it is an addon!
tekticles

(10 chars for the picky forum)
09-20-14, 03:56 AM   #11
Danielps1
tekticles

(10 chars for the picky forum)
Thanks! exactly what I was looking for.
09-25-14, 03:28 PM   #12
Danielps1
I changed quite a bit on the info panels, would love to hear if you like it!

I also integrated a cool addon called EasyWorldMarker which creates a simple frame to set and clear worldmarkers for raids.

Last edited by Danielps1 : 09-25-14 at 03:31 PM.
09-25-14, 10:11 PM   #13
sirann
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Neat idea on the info panels, some info probably a bit odd imo. The ilevel for instance and time online to me aren't super important. Does the afk click button make you /afk? I feel like you can type four characters quicker than you can click that. Similar with the readycheck. I made a slash command of /rc that performs readychecks. Also what does the roll button do, /roll?

Otherwise seems like a clean layout. Glad you got your gold text working :P
09-25-14, 11:17 PM   #14
Danielps1
Yeah some of the stuff is just a little bit useless to fill the space. I'm just using parts of another Addon which only had these infopanels.

The afk button only does /afk and roll does /roll.

I'm still working things out so the function may change but some people like to click a lot and I had a extra actionbutton for readycheck, so putting it in a simple interface button seemed better. Maybe I find better use of the button. I would love to do something like Hide Chat, but I can't figure out how I would do that.
09-26-14, 09:14 PM   #15
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

Yeah some of the stuff is just a little bit useless to fill the space. I'm just using parts of another Addon which only had these infopanels.

The afk button only does /afk and roll does /roll.

I'm still working things out so the function may change but some people like to click a lot and I had a extra actionbutton for readycheck, so putting it in a simple interface button seemed better. Maybe I find better use of the button. I would love to do something like Hide Chat, but I can't figure out how I would do that.
Have you looked at chat mods like Chatter? That is what I use and I have it set to fade out. Also, Kong UI Hider does a good job. Even if you want to write it yourself, you can get ideas from these mods.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » WrathsUI feedback