06-13-11, 09:33 AM   #1
Coldblooded
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
(Moved From UI Feedback Thread) Talk about how to save ui layouts

I see so many beautiful things here but rarely any uploads.I understand its a pain to support and keep things updated etc but still.WTB more oUF layouts and ractionbutton skins

Although im happy with what i get,keep up the good work and feed my ui-addiction
06-13-11, 09:36 AM   #2
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Coldblooded View Post
I see so many beautiful things here but rarely any uploads.I understand its a pain to support and keep things updated etc but still.WTB more oUF layouts and ractionbutton skins

Although im happy with what i get,keep up the good work and feed my ui-addiction
Not a lot of members can do oUF layouts and instead us Stuf or Pitbull.
I also prefer using BF as making skins is much easier to me :>

I've wanted to upload several of my previous layouts, the only problem being that I jump for UI to UI almost every week. So updating for me is a big no sometimes ;D

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah
06-13-11, 10:26 AM   #3
Rosoaa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
Not a lot of members can do oUF layouts and instead us Stuf or Pitbull.
I also prefer using BF as making skins is much easier to me :>

I've wanted to upload several of my previous layouts, the only problem being that I jump for UI to UI almost every week. So updating for me is a big no sometimes ;D
Same, but somehow I find a way to be satisfied for a short period, so I can upload. However, I really don't need to do that anymore because I've finally unlocked reflux's power. Multiple profiles (I used to only use reflux for installation purposes), so you can switch from UI creation to the other very easily. I created a new layout yesterday, and I don't feel any regret about tossing the other layout because it's still there. All I need to do is type /reflux switch <profile name> and BAM! Lol I've never been so excited about UI creation.

Last edited by Rosoaa : 06-13-11 at 10:28 AM.
06-13-11, 11:09 AM   #4
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Rosoaa View Post
Same, but somehow I find a way to be satisfied for a short period, so I can upload. However, I really don't need to do that anymore because I've finally unlocked reflux's power. Multiple profiles (I used to only use reflux for installation purposes), so you can switch from UI creation to the other very easily. I created a new layout yesterday, and I don't feel any regret about tossing the other layout because it's still there. All I need to do is type /reflux switch <profile name> and BAM! Lol I've never been so excited about UI creation.
I use it as well, but there are times when you load up a profile and load up your previous one, your profile can be erased. Which it has for me several times.(yes Iknow how to save)

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah
06-13-11, 11:51 AM   #5
Rosoaa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
I use it as well, but there are times when you load up a profile and load up your previous one, your profile can be erased. Which it has for me several times.(yes Iknow how to save)
Lol the addon is the devil until you figure it out. Make sure you type "/reflux save addons" after making changes to a profile, and before you switch to another profile. This happened to me all day yesterday, fortunately I stuck with the addon and figured it out.
06-13-11, 03:46 PM   #6
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Just remember, backup your work a lot . After each major change, do a /reload ui, and copy your Interface and WTF folders to a backup directory. Even multiple backup directories for different stages of UI development, as that way if you want to revert something back to the way you had it a few days ago, you still have that copy lying around.
06-13-11, 04:47 PM   #7
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Svn or Git-archives are nearly a must for software developement.
https://github.com/ or http://code.google.com/ are pretty good hosts.

I'm only making backup copies of files if I know a major change is coming. Otherwise I'm just editing it all the way to "commit-ready".

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Last edited by zork : 06-13-11 at 04:51 PM.
06-13-11, 06:00 PM   #8
Rosoaa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Just remember, backup your work a lot . After each major change, do a /reload ui, and copy your Interface and WTF folders to a backup directory. Even multiple backup directories for different stages of UI development, as that way if you want to revert something back to the way you had it a few days ago, you still have that copy lying around.
And a lot of this.
06-14-11, 02:34 AM   #9
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by zork View Post
Svn or Git-archives are nearly a must for software developement.
https://github.com/ or http://code.google.com/ are pretty good hosts.

I'm only making backup copies of files if I know a major change is coming. Otherwise I'm just editing it all the way to "commit-ready".
Don't forget that we (MMOUI) have SVN and GIT repos as well for our members to host your projects.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » (Moved From UI Feedback Thread) Talk about how to save ui layouts