12-04-07, 07:01 PM   #1
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Havent seen Detard much ..Bongos2?

Just wanted to see how bongos2 intergration was coming if detard is still working on that or found a fix for bongos in mazzle to fix the verious pet bar problems and what not.

I have looked around the code in bongos and for the life of me i cant figure out where the problems lay with the dang pet bar...

Well back to the search hope ya still around detard
12-04-07, 07:29 PM   #2
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
Oh I'm here... lol. Just haven't had a whole lot of time to work on coding much of ANYTHING lately. Holiday season is rough for me as it is, and this one seems to be particularly busy. I'm not sure where to get started yet either, but I'll start reading through code soon enough.
12-04-07, 08:04 PM   #3
obsidianblack
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I would really like to help on this one. I can figure out a lot of this coding stuff but unfortunatly i need a starting point. So if you'd like some help i'd love to. Where would you suggest i start looking for the differences in the changes between bongos and bongos2.

12-04-07, 09:13 PM   #4
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

might start looking in the main bogons luas and stuff also in the mazzifier and other mazz folders for things like bongos
12-05-07, 04:25 PM   #5
ganders
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Bongos was really changed up by Mazzle. You'd most likely need Mazzlefizz to come in and list the changes he made, because just comparing the two side by side really won't help you very much.
12-06-07, 12:37 AM   #6
pokyoky
A Cyclonian
I have done some compares on the bongos file from the original and the mazzle version, its pretty easy to find the changes that maz made but the problem for me anyway is that Bongos2 looks to be a complete rewrite so unfortunately its far beyond my skills to fix
12-07-07, 09:43 AM   #7
gcbartlett
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I just wanted to put this out there in case others were hesitant or curious about whether upgrading from Bongos to Bongos2 would work...

For me, Bongos2 works pretty well as a replacement for Bongos. I've made a few local changes to MazzleUI so that the Mazzle Fubar menu talks to the new Bongos2 functions. I haven't tried to make any Mazzifier changes, so you must configure the bars and their positions manually (this part might be confusing at first - recommendation: decide on your maximum action bar size first before placing icons, and remember that the last 32 buttons are used by the Context Menu), but once done it seems to work very well.

I love the (de)buff action button borders. I haven't yet got to Chess to see whether the Pet Bar works again, but others have said that it does work OK in Bongos2. I don't know what else Mazzle changed in Bongos (well, I know he changed what happens when bars are resized, but I don't do that, I just use static 5x12 bars), but it doesn't seem to affect the way I play my game.

So, if you're adventurous give it a shot. I can pass on my changes if anyone wants them.

[Update: I can confirm that the pet bar works again in Chess (and presumably elsewhere too) using Bongos2.]

Last edited by gcbartlett : 12-18-07 at 12:10 PM.
12-07-07, 12:43 PM   #8
dirtydozen12
A Fallenroot Satyr
same, ive been using bongos2 since it was updated, havent had a problem.
12-08-07, 04:42 AM   #9
Chokoballs
A Murloc Raider
What did you change ?
Going to see if bongos2 works better for me ?

I have absolutely no pronlems with bongos atm, but i prob run into one sooner or later and that i want to avoid...
12-11-07, 12:10 PM   #10
LladnarBWR
A Kobold Labourer

Thumbs down Maazle changes for Bongos2?

could you post the changes you made to make Bongos2 work properly?
Thanks in advance
12-11-07, 01:15 PM   #11
gcbartlett
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
MazzleUI Changes for Bongos2

[See the post below for a patch file containing these changes.]

[I updated this post to include a fix for the Key Bindings menu item.]

First off, you can run Bongos2 without any changes to MazzleUI by just using the Bongos2 mini map button, and ignoring the Bongos MazzleUI_Fubar menu items. Just make sure that on the Addons screen you select all Bongos* or all Bongos2* addons, but not both. But if you'd like to eliminate the Bongos2 mini map icon and use the MazzleUI_Fubar menu items to control Bongos2 then continue reading...

Here are the changes I made to MazzleUI to support Bongos2 (no changes were made to Bongos2). My changes will allow Bongos (v1) to continue to work if you decide to use Bongos on some toons and Bongos2 on others (e.g. while you work on MANUALLY configuring your bars). Before switching a toon from Bongos to Bongos2 I would suggest you take a screenshot of your Bongos action bar layout(s) so that you remember which actions you had on which actionbar.

These fixes will only enable the Bongos MazzleUI_Fubar menu items to work. They will NOT enable the Mazzifier to automatically position and/or fill your action bars. The Bongos2 actionbars will behave differently than the Mazzle-modified Bongos when action bars are resized (so choose your no. of bars first and then stick with it - you can reduce the size of individual bars later).

In MazzleUI_Core.lua, replace:
Code:
function MazzleUI:BarsToggle()
	if (BBagBar) then
		if (BBagBar:IsVisible()) then 
			BBar.Hide(BBar.IDToBar("bags"), 1)
			BBar.Hide(BBar.IDToBar("menu"), 1)
			BBar.Hide(BBar.IDToBar("key"), 1)
		else
			BBar.Show(BBar.IDToBar("bags"), 1)
			BBar.Show(BBar.IDToBar("menu"), 1)
			BBar.Show(BBar.IDToBar("key"), 1)
		end
	end
end
with:
Code:
function MazzleUI:BarsToggle()
	if (BBagBar) then
 		-- Bongos1
 		if (BBagBar:IsVisible()) then 
			BBar.Hide(BBar.IDToBar("bags"), 1)
			BBar.Hide(BBar.IDToBar("menu"), 1)
			BBar.Hide(BBar.IDToBar("key"), 1)
		else
			BBar.Show(BBar.IDToBar("bags"), 1)
			BBar.Show(BBar.IDToBar("menu"), 1)
			BBar.Show(BBar.IDToBar("key"), 1)
		end

elseif (BBar) then
		-- Bongos2
		BBar:Get("bags"):ToggleFrame()
		BBar:Get("menu"):ToggleFrame()
 	end
end
In MazzleUI_Fubar.lua, replace:
Code:
{
	type = 'toggle',
	name = "Unlock and edit bars",
	desc = "Unocks Bongos, allowing you to edit the properties and positions of bars.  For global bar settings, open the options window.",
	get = function()
		return (BongosSets and (not BongosSets.locked));
	end,
	set = function(v)
		if (v) then MazzleUI:Execute("/bongos unlock"); else MazzleUI:Execute("/bongos lock"); end; MazzleFu:OpenMenu();
	end,
	map = { [false] = "Locked", [true] = "Editable" },
	order = 13,
},
with:
Code:
{
	type = 'toggle',
	name = "Unlock and edit bars",
	desc = "Unlocks Bongos, allowing you to edit the properties and positions of bars.  For global bar settings, open the options window.",
	get = function()
 		if (BongosActionConfig) then
			-- Bongos2
			return (Bongos and not Bongos:IsLocked());
		else
			-- Bongos1
 			return (BongosSets and (not BongosSets.locked));
 		end
 	end,
	set = function(v)
			-- Bongos2
			MazzleUI:Execute("/bongos lock");
		else
			-- Bongos1
 			if (v) then MazzleUI:Execute("/bongos unlock"); else MazzleUI:Execute("/bongos lock"); end;
 		end

MazzleFu:OpenMenu();
 	end,
	map = { [false] = "Locked", [true] = "Editable" },
	order = 13,
},
replace:
Code:
{
	type = 'toggle',
	name = "Change key bindings of buttons",
    desc = "Enters Bongos key binding mode. Simply mouse over a button and hit the key you want to bind it to. You can also hit escape to clear all previous keys that button was bound to.",
	get = function()
		return (BongosOptionsPanelBindingsPerCharacter and BongosOptionsPanelBindingsPerCharacter:IsVisible());
	end,
	set = function(v)
		if (v) then 
			if (not BongosOptions or (BongosOptions and not BongosOptions:IsVisible())) then MazzleUI:Execute("/bongos"); end;
			BOptions_SwitchTab("Bindings"); 
		else
			if (not BongosOptions or (BongosOptions and not BongosOptions:IsVisible())) then MazzleUI:Execute("/bongos"); end;
			BOptions_SwitchTab("General"); 
			BongosOptions:Hide()
		end;
	end,
	map = { [false] = "Normal Operation", [true] = "Key Binding Mode" },
	order = 14,
},
with:
Code:
{
	type = 'toggle',
	name = "Change key bindings of buttons",
    desc = "Enters Bongos key binding mode. Simply mouse over a button and hit the key you want to bind it to. You can also hit escape to clear all previous keys that button was bound to.",
	get = function()
			-- Bongos2
			return KeyBound:IsShown();
		else
			-- Bongos1
			return (BongosOptionsPanelBindingsPerCharacter and BongosOptionsPanelBindingsPerCharacter:IsVisible());
		end	
	end,
	set = function(v)
			-- Bongos2
			KeyBound:Toggle();
		else
			-- Bongos1
			if (v) then 
				BOptions_SwitchTab("Bindings"); 
			else
				BOptions_SwitchTab("General"); 
				BongosOptions:Hide()
			end
		end;

end,
	map = { [false] = "Normal Operation", [true] = "Key Binding Mode" },
	order = 14,
},
replace:
Code:
{
	type = 'toggle',
	name = "Allow moving spells and skills",
	desc = "Unocks buttons, allowing you to drag skills around.  You can also do this by holding down the control key.",
	get = function()
		return (not MazzleUI:GetValue("BActionSets.g.buttonsLocked"));
	end,
	set = function(v) MazzleUI:SetValue("BActionSets.g.buttonsLocked", (not v)); MazzleFu:OpenMenu(); end,
	map = { [false] = "Locked", [true] = "Unlocked" },
	order = 15,
},
with:
Code:
{
	type = 'toggle',
	name = "Allow moving spells and skills",
	desc = "Unlocks buttons, allowing you to drag skills around.  You can also do this by holding down the control key.",
	get = function()
			-- Bongos2
			--return BongosActionConfig:ButtonsLocked();
			return not LOCK_ACTIONBAR;
		else
			-- Bongos1
 			return (not MazzleUI:GetValue("BActionSets.g.buttonsLocked"));
 		end
 	end,
	set = function(v)
			-- Bongos2
			--BongosActionConfig:LockButtons(v);
			LOCK_ACTIONBAR = not v
		else
			-- Bongos1
 			MazzleUI:SetValue("BActionSets.g.buttonsLocked", (not v));
 		end

end,
	order = 15,
},
replace:
Code:
{
	type = 'toggle',
	name = "Show empty buttons",
	desc = "Shows all empty buttons in all visible bars.",
	get = function()
		return MazzleUI:GetValue("BActionSets.g.showGrid");
	end,
	set = function(v) BActionSets_SetShowGrid(v); end,
	order = 16,
},
with:
Code:
{
	type = 'toggle',
	name = "Show empty buttons",
	desc = "Shows all empty buttons in all visible bars.",
	get = function()
			-- Bongos2
			return BongosActionConfig:ShowingEmptyButtons();
		else
			-- Bongos1
 			return MazzleUI:GetValue("BActionSets.g.showGrid");
 		end
 	end,
	set = function(v)
			-- Bongos2
			BongosActionConfig:ShowEmptyButtons(v);
		else
			-- Bongos1
 			BActionSets_SetShowGrid(v);
 		end
 	end,
	order = 16,
},

Last edited by gcbartlett : 12-18-07 at 12:02 PM.
12-16-07, 11:21 PM   #12
LightGuard
A Cyclonian
For those of us that are coding savvy, would mind posting up a diff (unified please)?
12-18-07, 11:50 AM   #13
gcbartlett
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Bongos2 Patch for MazzleUI

OK, here you go. The attached ZIP file contains a patch file (unified diff) for my MazzleUI changes to support Bongos2. Also included is a tweak that lets raid assistants use the targetting mini-icons.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MazzleUI_Bongos2_Patch.zip (1.7 KB, 810 views)

Last edited by gcbartlett : 12-18-07 at 12:03 PM.
12-18-07, 12:45 PM   #14
Aesop
A Murloc Raider
Bongos , Mazzle, and an asprin.

I'm trying to replace Bongos with Bongos2 and I've run into a problem i don't know if its related to Mazzlefizz's modifications.

On my original interface Mazzle setup (lock) I have 11 action bars; action bar 1 has 13 buttons. (I don't think it came this way , but I had no trouble modifying it.

I don't know if its intended but in Bongos2 I'm unable to duplicate those numbers. I cant choose 11 bars at all, either by using slider or scrolling, it skips from 8 - 10, 10 - 12, etc. The only half manageable outcome I've found is to use 8 bars.

Unfortunately, if I use 8 bars I cant group spells the way I want., and I need 13 buttons on action bar 1 to make layout work.

Also, while I haven't got that far yet , but am I correct in understanding that if I replace Bongos without also using the FuBar integration, I'll loose the built targeting ability around the target unit frame? If so is that only affecting rad assistants or does that also affect 5 mans.

Thanks for whatever help you can provide.
12-20-07, 02:23 AM   #15
dropper
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by gcbartlett
OK, here you go. The attached ZIP file contains a patch file (unified diff) for my MazzleUI changes to support Bongos2. Also included is a tweak that lets raid assistants use the targetting mini-icons.
Thanks for the hard work, but the patch file appears to point to a test AddOnsMDB folder. Even after changing this, and running the patch file (after installing the GNU patch for Windows) in the AddOns folder, it tells me that it "can't find file to patch at input line 4".

No amount of tweaking the / or \ seems to change this, nor specifying the file directly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keith
12-22-07, 02:39 AM   #16
gcbartlett
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddonsMDB is simply the name of the original (source) folder I used to generate my unified diff. You shouldn't need this to patch your files. If using the patch program doesn't work, then just apply the patches manually - it's only a few lines. Good luck.
12-22-07, 02:56 AM   #17
gcbartlett
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yes, Aesop, I suspect your problems are caused by differences between Bongos2 (and the unmodified by Mazzle Bongos1) and the Mazzle-modified Bongos. With the unmodified versions of Bongos, the maximum size of all bars are the same, and the maximum number of buttons is 120. So you can start out with 10 bars of 12 buttons, or 12 bars of 10 buttons, etc. Once the no. of bars / maximum size of the bars has been established, individual bars can be resized smaller (but this eliminates the extra buttons - they are not usable elsewhere). I believe that the Mazzle modifications to Bongos modified this behavior so that bars can be different lengths without losing buttons, and hence is more efficient in its use of the 120 buttons.

It's possible that you won't be able to exactly reproduce your Mazzle-Bongos layout. In your situation, Aesop, you could try choosing the maximum bar size that gives you the right number of bars you need + 1, and then stick the additional bar to the right of your main bar (individually resized to give you your total of 13 buttons).

Worst case, you could always define 120 bars of 1 button each, and then individually position each button (use the sticky buttons in this case to simplify positioning) to make 'bars' of any length.

Last edited by gcbartlett : 12-22-07 at 02:59 AM.
01-24-08, 12:16 PM   #18
sdjmack
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Is it possible to just get the changed .lua files uploaded?

I try to apply the patch or do the changes manually and it either messes my UI alll together or the Mazzle FuBar option isnt there. I dont think the second is a major issue, but it sure was handy and have a habit of doing it that way.
01-24-08, 02:41 PM   #19
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by gcbartlett View Post
Yes, Aesop, I suspect your problems are caused by differences between Bongos2 (and the unmodified by Mazzle Bongos1) and the Mazzle-modified Bongos. With the unmodified versions of Bongos, the maximum size of all bars are the same, and the maximum number of buttons is 120. So you can start out with 10 bars of 12 buttons, or 12 bars of 10 buttons, etc. Once the no. of bars / maximum size of the bars has been established, individual bars can be resized smaller (but this eliminates the extra buttons - they are not usable elsewhere). I believe that the Mazzle modifications to Bongos modified this behavior so that bars can be different lengths without losing buttons, and hence is more efficient in its use of the 120 buttons.

It's possible that you won't be able to exactly reproduce your Mazzle-Bongos layout. In your situation, Aesop, you could try choosing the maximum bar size that gives you the right number of bars you need + 1, and then stick the additional bar to the right of your main bar (individually resized to give you your total of 13 buttons).

Worst case, you could always define 120 bars of 1 button each, and then individually position each button (use the sticky buttons in this case to simplify positioning) to make 'bars' of any length.
The main point of my changes was to give a unique button ID to every button on every page of every bar. It's more efficient in most cases, for e.g. the one you described, but there is one notable case where it's not. If you want to set up blizzard style paging, where paging shift the contents of all paging bars by a certain amount, you'd need to use a lot of IDs in my bongos. In contrast, when you add pages to a bar in original Bongos or Bongos 2, it doesn't use up any additional IDs. That said, none of my layouts set up anything like that, and I think you can get a lot more interesting layouts using the independent paging mechanism in my bongos. It was modeled after the paging in the discord action bars add-on, in which all of the layouts were originally designed.
01-25-08, 08:13 AM   #20
gcbartlett
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by sdjmack View Post
Is it possible to just get the changed .lua files uploaded?
OK, here are the 3 files modified by my 'patch'. Just drop them into your (as updated by Detard) MazzleUI addon folder. You may want to save your originals first in case you don't have a matching set of files (no I don't intend to post the full addon or compilation).

Gary
Attached Files
File Type: zip MazzleUI_Bartlett.zip (13.5 KB, 791 views)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Havent seen Detard much ..Bongos2?