11-18-13, 12:23 AM   #21
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I'm still trying to digest all this.

Personally, I had no problem with the rainforest thing. Haven't donated there yet, but I probably will. As for the people who went into attack mode, they aren't worth consideration. As my grandfather the coal miner would have said "not worth the powder to blow 'em to Hell." Scott, I'm sorry you were subjected to it, but frankly I'm not surprised. Our entire society is losing any semblance of civility, and not just on the internet. :-)

Anyway, I just donated via Paypal (well, I used a credit card there) and had no problems. The page did "light up" but that was probably me hitting the enter key at the wrong time. I just finished filling out the form and went on. At the end, I hit the "return to spielwerkz" button and got a message that the donation had failed. About 5 seconds later I got an (automated, I'm sure) email from Scott saying it was received okay, and I should log out and and back in at nuiaddon.com to make sure it 'took'. It did.

I haven't played WoW at all in several months. Keep intending to get back to it, but life intervenes. If I came back and couldn't use nUI, i'd probably just bag it and go back to other games. But I'll hang in there for now.

Take care, Scott, and don't let the bastards grind you down!

Kazei Stormcaller

11-21-13, 03:25 PM   #22
Seer
A Molten Giant
Well, small donation done.

3000+ raised. Not a bad ammount I guess.

11-21-13, 05:05 PM   #23
Warlocksareawesome1
A Kobold Labourer

I don't even know where to begin on this.
How people could ever be so disrespectful to something that you clearly care about is disgusting enough..
that its coming from people who you've actually been writing this addon for is just hideous.

If this is the reaction your getting from people I'm really not surprised you've had enough.
I'd just like to say, obviously, that this is probably my favorite UI ever, and if i was actually working I'd have contributed to your cause.

Utterly mortified by the people who play this game.
A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French pron.-Blackadder-

11-22-13, 11:11 AM   #24
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Warlocksareawesome1 View Post
Utterly mortified by the people who play this game.
Nothing to do with people playing this game. Just people.

11-24-13, 11:47 AM   #25
roplusbee
A Kobold Labourer
Scott:

I just recently started using your interface and WoW what a difference it had made. I still have xPerl installed, but disabled. Once I test drove 5.07.xxxx for a few days, I went ahead and subscribed. I can't see why someone (namely the thousands of users of NUI+) would NOT donate a few buck to your cause. From casual forum browsing, I can see that you support the UI AND help people in N00B moments. Good job man...........don't let the haters and such discourage you!

11-25-13, 09:54 AM   #26
azrath
A Defias Bandit

Late to the game

Just saw your past emails and was greatly displeased that anyone would treat another person in this manner. I haven't played WOW in a few years now, but still remember NUI being my favorite UI replacement. I was considering returning to WOW and was looking for the latest download when I came across this posting. While I had nothing to do with the negative, I wanted to add my positive response and a heartfelt thank you for creating and maintaining a great UI and for being so giving of your time and efforts to a community, which I suspect for the most part is fully supportive of you. Please don't let the negative responses get you down and go where your heart tells you to go. If they don't get it, thats their loss.

Thanks again for a great UI. If and when I return to WOW, I don't know, but I will look into your chosen cause and if I am able will make a contribution.

Thanks
Scott

11-25-13, 11:07 PM   #27
lairdofdeath
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
just saw this post (as i only have limited time nowadays with school and work) i am real sorry to see this addon go but you have to do what you have to do it just sux have some people can screw things up for a lot of others

11-30-13, 09:51 AM   #28
dbarron
A Defias Bandit
I'm sorry Scott

I'm horrified (but not surprised) at the reaction you got. I can't donate at the present (unemployed), but I did want to make the effort to speak up...and to also say I think the cause is near and dear to MY heart too. I've a biological background and find the losses of species and habitat to our planet, heart-breaking.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Announcements » An open letter to nUI "users" and supporters...