04-03-23, 01:33 AM   #1
maebe
A Murloc Raider
Detecting Cast Success: Atomic Recalibrator, Stackable Stag?

Hi all --

I'm playing around with WeakAura custom triggers -> CLEU:SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS, and I can see most every cast coming through, including many, many toys. However, I'm trying to detect when someone casts the toy "Atomic Recalibrator", which has a 12hr CD and I'd like to keep track of that across various guildies. Anyway, this toy doesn't appear to emit a SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS event the way most other toys do.

I decided to find a shorter CD, similar type of toy for debugging this and found that Stackable Stag also summons something nearby and also doesn't emit a SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS event. Can any of you help me find an event to catch when one of these fires? I feel like I'm just missing a second kind of cast event.
04-03-23, 01:49 AM   #2
maebe
A Murloc Raider
The best way to find an answer on your own is to first post a careful question on a forum and then keep digging. About 2 minutes after posting this I came across UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED. I'm all set.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Detecting Cast Success: Atomic Recalibrator, Stackable Stag?