11-30-11, 05:42 PM   #81
atlasfos
A Murloc Raider
Map

The new 4.3 patch just came out yesterday and i have noticed that with carbonite, it will not show all the zones of azeroth unless you have JUST gone through it or are in it at the time. i always noticed it did that in the minimap, however it is doing it on the main map as well. ANY suggestions on how to fix this would be GREATLY appreciated! THANKS

12-03-11, 08:36 PM   #82
Drudicta
A Defias Bandit
With the new Carbonite update I'm unable to see the "yellow dots" on the map like I could with 4.2, and I was wondering if this is the programs fault or if I did something stupid or if I need to change a setting. Thanks in advance, and I'll be ready for an answer anytime. ^^

(Also, I never had to turn on the mini-map before.)

Last edited by Drudicta : 12-14-11 at 10:27 AM.

12-14-11, 04:19 AM   #83
Goliatdk
A Kobold Labourer
Yellow dot

Heya I hope someone can help me after updating carbonite I dont have my yellow dot under the crabonite note anymore thats odde what to do

12-15-11, 01:34 PM   #84
Endrance99
A Murloc Raider
No yellow flashing nodes

Originally Posted by Goliatdk View Post
Heya I hope someone can help me after updating carbonite I dont have my yellow dot under the crabonite note anymore thats odde what to do
Im having the same problem to. I used to get the flashing yellow dots on my minimap (carb and blizz map are combined) showing the flashing yellow dot where the "real" nodes were and it would not flash on the fakes.

This is a fresh install of wow with carbonite and so on on a brand new system. I set up everything the exact way I used to have it but I have no flashing YELLOW nodes anymore. Also note I was having the same issue on my previous computer to, so I know its not the computer or anything.

This was a great help in filtering out the false nodes from the real ones when out and about on the world map.

I tried the fixes on the previous page of this thread but nothing worked. I still dont get the flashing yellow nodes anymore. I still see the locations for all the nodes and have tried every setting but they still dont flash yellow anymore like they used to showing the real nodes from the fake ones.

Thanks for reading.

Hope this can be fixed

04-14-12, 08:11 PM   #85
Shaker5585
A Defias Bandit
i am having trouble using carbonite for finding mining nodes on my map. seems that the only time i can see nodes on the carbonite map is when i really zoom in. is there any way i can see the node icons on teh map while zoomed out to the view i like using? please help thanks

04-14-12, 09:37 PM   #86
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Shaker5585 View Post
i am having trouble using carbonite for finding mining nodes on my map. seems that the only time i can see nodes on the carbonite map is when i really zoom in. is there any way i can see the node icons on teh map while zoomed out to the view i like using? please help thanks
Open Carbonites options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) to the "Map" page. Look for the "Icon scale minimum size. -1 disables scaling for Guide and Favorite Icons <number>" option (about half way down the page). There is no check box for this option. Click on the "<number>" and change the size in the edit box that will pop up. Click "Accept" and you should be good to go.

Please be aware that this will only change the size of the Carbonite gathering icons. The flashing yellow active node icon appears only on the Blizzard minimap (which is why you can see it on the Carbonite map if the maps are merged) and its' size can not (as far as I know) be changed.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

04-27-12, 10:35 AM   #87
Toemung
A Kobold Labourer
Icon scaling

I too am having a problem seeing the icons on the map without having to zoom in. The Icon scaling functinon changes the size of the icon but does not help with seeing an icon with the map zoomed out. Where is the setting for that?

06-09-12, 03:33 PM   #88
blackhaven
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
I'm really hoping that I am not adding this in the wrong thread.

First, I want to say that Jigain has done a very good job of presenting information that can help clear-up confusion for many users. His graphical approach works for me, since I'm a now-retired Commercial Artist/Technical Illustrator.

Here's why I'm writing. It's basically a question.

-- My Carbonite mini-map shows my route to nodes.

-- I use my flying mount to travel between nodes. (It's not a FAST flying mount, either).

-- HOW I USE ROUTING: The only place I can see if a node actually exists is on Blizzard's (round) mini-map, therefore I have to keep looking at it to see if any "yellow" dots show up. The Carbonite mini-map or full map doesn't display "real" nodes... only previously-reported node (possible) locations.

-- PROBLEM: By the time Blizzard's mini-map displays the "yellow" dot for an active node, I have already flown past it! It's "range" is apparently too narrow to display the node long before I approach it. It's really frustrating to have to circle-back continually after each node is found.

Is my problem caused by a slow internet connection (or, something else), or do any of you notice the same thing when flying from node-to-node?

I'd love to be able to "see nodes further ahead" instead of after I've passed them by. Heh heh.
----------------------------------------------

You will be happy to know I have this issue as well. I reduced my settings to the lowest setting in everything and it still happens.

08-18-12, 04:39 PM   #89
bean110
A Kobold Labourer
whenever i am mining i go to the places where the nodes could be spawned, but when they are spawned there isnt any dot on the node that lights up for me anymore. i checked on the options and the dot glow delay is 0.04 but it still will not show the glowing dots even if there is a mining vein spawned, please help.

09-05-12, 10:16 PM   #90
jlrjr38
A Defias Bandit
When is the new carbonite coming out for WOW?

09-06-12, 12:22 PM   #91
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by jlrjr38 View Post
When is the new carbonite coming out for WOW?
First of all, there are a *BUNCH* of posts detailing this. Second, you are entering it into a Carbonite Nodes thread. Please see the "Carbonite 5.0.4" or the "Will Carbonite be updated for MOP?" threads.

09-10-12, 05:32 PM   #92
Wyldekat
A Murloc Raider
Question I know it's not a node, but...

... I can no longer see any of my Hunter tracking on the carbonite map, mini or otherwise. It shows on the small little docked map in the corner, but I can't figure out how to get it to show on the main mini map again.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Nodes, Routing, and You