02-07-17, 08:56 PM   #21
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

fixed :)

So not sure if it was the new Carbonite update, the Maintenance early this morning, an old half finished quest from Blackrock, The Hero's call for Vashjir, or the Strength/ Grisly trophy quest from the January Darkmoon Faire. My guess though is one of the Quests which I had no idea was still in her log.
Sis initially thought I wanted her to complete or abandon only her Draenor quests & then forgot later. She got home this morning, found my note, turned in the Darkmoon Faire quest & abandoned the other two but I forgot ask her to write down the name of the Blackrock dungeon quest.
I ran the update a little while ago then enabled Carbonite Quests It is working! back up & usable on her Worgen Hunter. Even better, I don't have to wake up to her shouting at the Blizzard#$%#%^^ quest log tomorrow morning

If only we had a custom Mini-map, objective list & handy dandy tracking arrow in our Real Life field of vision Add those features to the Holodeck as well

So thank you very much & *Wolf thanks you as well.
04-11-17, 03:14 AM   #22
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

Solution?

Same thing happened to a non worgen toon on my sisters account & this time she attempted to enable Carbonite Quest Module each time she completed one of the quests in her quest log.
Toon was 98 & had just gotten the quest to start Legion content when her entire game locked up.
At least for this toon the quest that had the Quest Module locked up was"
"Rite of the TalonPriests -Spires of Arak""

As soon as she completed that quest she enabled Carbonite Quest Module & has had no issues since.

04-11-17, 03:21 AM   #23
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Catitude View Post
Same thing happened to a non worgen toon on my sisters account & this time she attempted to enable Carbonite Quest Module each time she completed one of the quests in her quest log.
Toon was 98 & had just gotten the quest to start Legion content when her entire game locked up.
At least for this toon the quest that had the Quest Module locked up was"
"Rite of the TalonPriests -Spires of Arak""

As soon as she completed that quest she enabled Carbonite Quest Module & has had no issues since.

Using latest from version github?
04-13-17, 12:04 AM   #24
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

yes

Yes I check often for a new version from the hub, install it & had just done so shortly before she turned 98.

This time when it happened she only had 4 quests in her log, we had a better idea of what the sticky quest might be, & we attempted to enable the quest module in between each completed quest, as well as reloads, restarts & reboots.
Darkmoon Faire -Strength quest collecting Grisly trophies was completed but she couldn't turn it till next month, so she dumped it, nothing.
Scallion Quest from Halfhill in Pandaria, nix.
Ran the opening Legion content & acquired first Artifact weapon, class Hall etc, nada.
Then she went back to Draenor to complete the only quest left.
Rite of the Talon Priests -Spires of Arak is her favorite quest chain in Draenor, & normally she would have had it completed before leaving Draenor, but both of these toons were leveled quickly while she established herself on a new server & she was given the quest almost at the same time she dinged 98 which triggers the Legion Quest.
On her original toon with this issue she hadn't been able to use Carbonite Quest Module from 100 till she opened up WQ at 110. The opening Legion quest at 98 auto accepted into her log but she wanted to wait till 100 before starting... we are pretty sure she was in the Spires of Arak & had been doing the Talon Priests quest line at the time her game locked up but that got lost in the snarl somewhere, neither of us remembered that & she had abandoned a bunch of quests trying to fix it... either not enough or she had re-accepted that particular quest before checking again to see if the Carbonite Quest Module would work yet
At 110 she went back to Draenor to complete a few things, finished off the Spires content, turned in an old Darkmoon Faire grisly trophy quest & abandoned another couple of old quests... tried the Quest Module again & voila!
I will be leveling a new toon through Draenor in the next couple weeks (middle of house remodel) & I'm planning on picking up the Rite of the Talon Priests quest in the Spires of Arak before I get the quest for Legion & if it locks up, abandon just that quest to see if I can recreate the issue.
I'll post back here & let you know.
04-13-17, 03:42 AM   #25
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Yes I check often for a new version from the hub, install it & had just done so shortly before she turned 98.

This time when it happened she only had 4 quests in her log, we had a better idea of what the sticky quest might be, & we attempted to enable the quest module in between each completed quest, as well as reloads, restarts & reboots.
Darkmoon Faire -Strength quest collecting Grisly trophies was completed but she couldn't turn it till next month, so she dumped it, nothing.
Scallion Quest from Halfhill in Pandaria, nix.
Ran the opening Legion content & acquired first Artifact weapon, class Hall etc, nada.
Then she went back to Draenor to complete the only quest left.
Rite of the Talon Priests -Spires of Arak is her favorite quest chain in Draenor, & normally she would have had it completed before leaving Draenor, but both of these toons were leveled quickly while she established herself on a new server & she was given the quest almost at the same time she dinged 98 which triggers the Legion Quest.
On her original toon with this issue she hadn't been able to use Carbonite Quest Module from 100 till she opened up WQ at 110. The opening Legion quest at 98 auto accepted into her log but she wanted to wait till 100 before starting... we are pretty sure she was in the Spires of Arak & had been doing the Talon Priests quest line at the time her game locked up but that got lost in the snarl somewhere, neither of us remembered that & she had abandoned a bunch of quests trying to fix it... either not enough or she had re-accepted that particular quest before checking again to see if the Carbonite Quest Module would work yet
At 110 she went back to Draenor to complete a few things, finished off the Spires content, turned in an old Darkmoon Faire grisly trophy quest & abandoned another couple of old quests... tried the Quest Module again & voila!
I will be leveling a new toon through Draenor in the next couple weeks (middle of house remodel) & I'm planning on picking up the Rite of the Talon Priests quest in the Spires of Arak before I get the quest for Legion & if it locks up, abandon just that quest to see if I can recreate the issue.
I'll post back here & let you know.
Got alt 105 without this quest completed and without any legion content completed, will check on horde side.

Last edited by ircdirk : 04-13-17 at 03:51 AM.
04-13-17, 04:46 AM   #26
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

"Rite of the Talon Priests" did also hang WoW on my alt.

Made fix for this, try latest github version and please report back.

Last edited by ircdirk : 04-13-17 at 04:49 AM.
04-16-17, 03:34 AM   #27
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

Thank you
05-03-17, 02:24 PM   #28
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

Thumbs up Fixed!

Well we dragged another couple of toons kicking & screaming out of their cosy Garrisons into the Broken Isles. No issues now with the quest module freezing with the "Rite of the Talon Priests" quest still in the quest log.
thank you once again for fixing this
05-03-17, 03:24 PM   #29
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Well we dragged another couple of toons kicking & screaming out of their cosy Garrisons into the Broken Isles. No issues now with the quest module freezing with the "Rite of the Talon Priests" quest still in the quest log.
thank you once again for fixing this
Great to hear that this issue is finally resolved

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Quests Module » Quest module causing system freeze-up