04-29-10, 09:22 AM   #1
flaicher
A Cyclonian

What slows down /reloadui?

(I'm not sure if this is the right place to post)
What is the main element that slows down /reloadui and logging?
Is it addons' memory usage, CPU usage, addon's size on harddrive or what?

For me it currently takes 10-15 secs and Pitbull4 (using right now) seems to increase by around 5 secs. Used to take like 30 secs one year ago but I've dropped the initial memory usage by 10-20mb and got a few hardware upgrades.

I've been wondering this for a while.
04-29-10, 09:27 AM   #2
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by flaicher View Post
(I'm not sure if this is the right place to post)
What is the main element that slows down /reloadui and logging?
Is it addons' memory usage, CPU usage, addon's size on harddrive or what?

For me it currently takes 10-15 secs and Pitbull4 (using right now) seems to increase by around 5 secs. Used to take like 30 secs one year ago but I've dropped the initial memory usage by 10-20mb and got a few hardware upgrades.

I've been wondering this for a while.
Is this when you're messing around with addons, or just at random times when you might need to reload your UI? If it's the former, I always recommend playing around with addons in a city that's easier on your PC... certainly not Dalaran.
04-29-10, 10:11 AM   #3
Taryble
A Molten Giant

honestly, it's generally the pure number of addons. Some addons take more time to load because of their SV files (auction addons are notorious for this, and so are in-depth meters like Recount and Skada). Some take more time to load because they're modular - each module is loaded as a separate addon, which means it has to parse at least 2 files for the addon, and 2 more for each module.

Really, it's largely time spent accessing the drive, from what I can gather.
04-29-10, 10:33 AM   #4
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
honestly, it's generally the pure number of addons. Some addons take more time to load because of their SV files (auction addons are notorious for this, and so are in-depth meters like Recount and Skada). Some take more time to load because they're modular - each module is loaded as a separate addon, which means it has to parse at least 2 files for the addon, and 2 more for each module.

Really, it's largely time spent accessing the drive, from what I can gather.
Basically you can either use less addons, use more LoD addons or get a better harddrive. For example, a SSD should improve your load time by a decent amount.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » What slows down /reloadui?