04-21-10, 05:43 PM   #1
omgwtfbbq
A Murloc Raider
Question noob with installing ui's plz helpz!

k SO, i have had a few ui's myself but usually the ones that are easy to do from curse. So now i got bored and i hated mine and i found like 100s i love here so i was really exited. But it seems every time i tried downloading a interface it either doesn't work atal or everything is clumped in the middle and it looks like crap. There was 1 i got to work but it looked horrible. PLEASE HELP, the one i really want to work is crystal UI , LUI and AIONUI those were the coolest ones but didn't work everything was just stuck in the middle and i have no clue how to fix that , im pretty sure the crystal one was just due to my screen size being to big. Thanks to everyone for your help! Plz use small words im not smart

my resolution is 1366x768 WIDE

This is what aion looks like the one im trying to get to work. why is life so hard? i also get like a lot of errors when i login with this.

Last edited by omgwtfbbq : 04-21-10 at 05:49 PM.
04-21-10, 06:33 PM   #2
omgwtfbbq
A Murloc Raider
heloo?
04-21-10, 07:21 PM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Have to start with the simple questions.

Did you rename the folders properly? For the account name folder did you use your battle.net log in or your actual account name?
For Crystal UI did you type in the command that was mentioned in the instructions after you logged in?
Are they any error messages? If so what are they?

First rule of seeking help is to give as much detail for what you HAVE tried and/or done as possible.

Since we aren't there with you we can only guess. Help us narrow it down by giving us as much detail as you can as to the steps you have taken.

NOTE: keep account information (such as the folder names) to your self.

EDIT: for the record unless you edited your screen shot or your hosting service did your resolution is not 1366x768. It appears to be 1024x768

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 04-21-10 at 07:25 PM. Reason: stuff and things.
04-21-10, 07:43 PM   #4
omgwtfbbq
A Murloc Raider
Message: Interface\AddOns\Dominos\menuBar.lua:95: attempt to index local 'b' (a nil value)
Time: 04/21/10 19:41:26
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\Dominos\menuBar.lua:95: in function `AddButton'
Interface\AddOns\Dominos\frame.lua:127: in function `LoadButtons'
Interface\AddOns\Dominos\menuBar.lua:75: in function `New'
Interface\AddOns\Dominos\Dominos.lua:197: in function `Load'
Interface\AddOns\Dominos\Dominos.lua:86: in function <Interface\AddOns\Dominos\Dominos.lua:84>
(tail call): ?
[C]: ?
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:5>
(tail call): ?
...ce\AddOns\Dominos\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:531: in function `EnableAddon'
...ce\AddOns\Dominos\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:621: in function <...ce\AddOns\Dominos\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:607>

Locals: self = <unnamed> {
header = <unnamed> {
}
buttons = <table> {
}
0 = <userdata>
drag = <unnamed> {
}
sets = <table> {
}
id = "menu"
}
i = 8
b = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to index local 'b' (a nil value)"
menuButtons = <table> {
1 = CharacterMicroButton {
}
2 = SpellbookMicroButton {
}
3 = TalentMicroButton {
}
4 = AchievementMicroButton {
}
5 = QuestLogMicroButton {
}
6 = SocialsMicroButton {
}
7 = PVPMicroButton {
}
9 = MainMenuMicroButton {
}
10 = HelpMicroButton {
}
}

Theres my error.... and umm im positive my screen res is the one i said... the picture just resized itself... and they didnt have one that fit so no but id rather have the aion one so if we could focus on help with that ... also i named it my account name even though i have a battle.net account but i cant do . in the name so i couldnt do it anyway.
04-21-10, 07:46 PM   #5
omgwtfbbq
A Murloc Raider
i just want a cool easy ui to setup i dont want to go through like changing this changing that its way to complicated for me and i want to be able to use my other addons...
04-21-10, 08:12 PM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Post a link to the Aion UI your speaking of, when i search for aion i get quite a few hits. I can experiment from there and see what i come up with.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
04-21-10, 08:13 PM   #7
Diagnostics
Medic!

Premium Member
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1236
04-21-10, 08:33 PM   #8
omgwtfbbq
A Murloc Raider
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...oUFAionUI.html
04-21-10, 09:06 PM   #9
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

SETUP:

1.) backup you font, interface and wtf folder
2.) Extract everything into your \WorldofWarcraft\ folder
3.) Make sure you rename the folder YOURACCOUNTNAME to ... guess what ...
4.) load the "Default" profile for Dominos (actionbars) ingame

04-21-10, 09:11 PM   #10
omgwtfbbq
A Murloc Raider
seems u just copied and pasted that... and yes i did all that .. im not that dum

ok i reset dominos and it looks a bit better but the whole botem cool bar thing for the spells isnt their just the row of spells and the orbs for hp and mana

Last edited by omgwtfbbq : 04-21-10 at 09:13 PM.
04-21-10, 09:16 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Are you renaming the account name folder to your actual WoW account name? Or to your battle.net account?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-21-10, 09:22 PM   #12
omgwtfbbq
A Murloc Raider
yeh i named my account name (you cant put periods in so i couldn't name battle.net any way )
04-21-10, 09:25 PM   #13
omgwtfbbq
A Murloc Raider
ok most of the problems have been solved im just missing the whole bottem bar for the spells, i have the mana and hp orbs but the rest is missing :0 see above pic (the spell bars are fixed though so theres not random spells everywhere)

thanks for everyones help

Last edited by omgwtfbbq : 04-21-10 at 09:34 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » noob with installing ui's plz helpz!