04-10-10, 09:01 PM   #1
earle117
An Aku'mai Servant

kgPanels and SexyMap

Hi =)

So I'm using kgPanels for the basis of my UI, and I'm using SexyMap as my minimap mod. They way I have my frames set up, they take up 3 levels. However, SexyMap gets covered up by the last level. I have them set to Background strata, and levels 0-2. 0 and 1 are fine, but 2 takes over SexyMap.

So is there a way to move SexyMap "up" the strata, or is there a way to go lower than 0/background for kgPanels?

Sometimes I can set 2 of the levels to the same strata, but it's just luck as to whether the two appear in the right order after each reload.

Thanks in advance.
04-27-10, 02:31 PM   #2
earle117
An Aku'mai Servant

I posted this a couple weeks ago, nobody can help? =(

If I didn't describe my problem very well, I can try and explain it again. Basically, my frames take up Background strata 0,1, and 2. However, anything on strata 2 is higher than SexyMap, so it covers it. So now I have to put my kgPanels frames on just 0 and 1, but that means I have 2 frames on the same level, so I can't make sure that it decides to put them in the right order. Is there a way to move a frame "lower" than Background 0, or to move SexyMap "up" the strata?

Once again, thanks.
04-27-10, 03:20 PM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unless there is an option in sexymap to adjust its strata then you would have to do so within the code. Background 0 is as far as i am aware as low as it gets. Alternately you could switch to a different minimap that does offer the adjustment within its options.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
04-29-10, 09:07 AM   #4
earle117
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
Unless there is an option in sexymap to adjust its strata then you would have to do so within the code.
Is there somewhere in the code that tells it what layer to sit at?

I don't know anything about coding but I'm sure I could figure it out if it's something as simple as changing a number or whatever...

I'll look around to see if there's something really obvious for it in there

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » kgPanels and SexyMap