04-23-10, 12:30 PM   #1
flaicher
A Cyclonian

Addon like ClosetGnome?

Umm.. any replacements for ClosetGnome?
Not even the newest version from Curse appear to work for some reason..
04-23-10, 12:50 PM   #2
Sekrin
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Outfitter.html
04-23-10, 01:10 PM   #3
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Don't forget that the game has a built-in equipment manager as well, if you only want basic handling.
04-23-10, 01:28 PM   #4
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Originally Posted by flaicher View Post
ClosetGnome used to have exactly the same feautures like the default blizzard equipment manager has now. The only thing CLosetGnome does right now is keybindings for them.
04-23-10, 01:31 PM   #5
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

The latest version there (r619) works just fine here. How does it "not work" for you?

As per the description: ClosetGnome is just a handy tool over the Blizzard Equipment Manager. It provides you with a nice LDB display and some funny quips when you change equipment sets. Additionally it allows you to assign keybindings to the equipment sets. Yes, yes - you can bind your sets with macros and action buttons and stuff already.

Which means you one of the following (or both if you choose) in order to use it:
1) a LDB display mod
or
2) just assign key bindings in its options panel.

LDB display mods: StatBlockCore, Bazooka, Fortress, Titan Panel & so on.
04-23-10, 01:37 PM   #6
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by mrruben5 View Post
ClosetGnome used to have exactly the same feautures like the default blizzard equipment manager has now. The only thing CLosetGnome does right now is keybindings for them.
No, keybindings are not the only thing. If you have a LDB display, it provides a full list in the LDB tooltip showing you the names of each of your equipment sets. You can then just click the one you want and it will switch them. You still need to use the built-in Equipment Manager to create your sets.

Saves time/hassle over having to open the character window, then the Equipment Manager to change sets.
04-24-10, 12:15 AM   #7
flaicher
A Cyclonian

Actually.. it seems that it does work for me. I just expected something "more", like how old ClosetGnome was before Blizzard's own equipment manager.
Blizz's own is just.. meh. It does it's job but lacks something.
I guess I'm going to stick with ClosetGnome (should use less memory than Outfitter) since I don't have to deal with Blizz's manager unless I get new gear.
04-24-10, 02:10 AM   #8
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Actually.. it seems that it does work for me. I just expected something "more", like how old ClosetGnome was before Blizzard's own equipment manager.
Blizz's own is just.. meh. It does it's job but lacks something.
I guess I'm going to stick with ClosetGnome (should use less memory than Outfitter) since I don't have to deal with Blizz's manager unless I get new gear.
Unless you are on a extremely marginal system for Wrath, static memory usage should not be an issue. I have used Outfitter and its memory usage is generally even and does not vary much over a play session (this includes idling in town, solo questing, dungeon running, PvP, and raiding).
04-24-10, 06:13 AM   #9
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

Yah, for sure. I stuck with the pre-WoW 3.0 ClosetGnome for quite a while due to its additional features; finally gave it up once the current version was stable.

The current ClosetGnome just provides more convenient access for switching equipment sets. Which...is good enough here .

Originally Posted by Zyonin View Post
Unless you are on a extremely marginal system for Wrath, static memory usage should not be an issue. I have used Outfitter and its memory usage is generally even and does not vary much over a play session (this includes idling in town, solo questing, dungeon running, PvP, and raiding).
True, static memory is rarely an issue. Continual memory consumption--which prompts the built-in garbage collector to function at inopportune times--is far more of an issue. Outfitter (along with most mods) does not have this problem.

More important than memory usage in terms of frame rate/slowness/etc. is CPU usage. This is one area where Outfitter falls down. The current v5.0b8 (with default options selected) uses 0.370-0.450 CPU/second on idle (tested with OptionHouse). Which is not particularly low for when you are not actually accessing a mod.

ClosetGnome use 0 CPU/second on idle (which includes the Ace3 library default usage).

Anyway, it all depends on your needs. The default equipment manager (+perhaps ClosetGnome for easy access) is more than sufficient for many people.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Addon like ClosetGnome?