08-06-05, 05:16 PM   #1
valefar
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
LookAtThat

Being one of the few users that can't use MouseLook and chew gum at the same time, I missed the ability to use the keyboard to look up and down as I ran around the world. WOW's UI lacked that option for some reason, and I couldn't find a mod to correct it.

So is born LookAtThat: LookAtThat Info/DL Page

Very simple mod (my first attempt at a WOW UI change), LookAtThat adds the two keybindings that were sorely missed by me: Look Up and Look Down.

Install the mod, load the game, go into your Key Bindings, and scroll down until you get to the Look At That section.

The major drawback to this is its speed. It's slow. I can't find any functions in the WOW API that controls this speed, and the commands themselves that handle the movement do not seem to take any arguements that would allow a speed change.

There's also nothing included to automatically re-center the view to level with the horizon plane. I'm still poking through the API but didn't see anything offhand that would allow this.

So.. if you want the functionality and can live with the slowness, give it a shot. I found that, combined with the Interface Option for the camera to "Follow Terrain", my LookAtThat binding keeps me from having to reach for my mouse to "adjust" the camera's tilt so I can see more than 10 feet in front of me.

And, if anyone happens to know a method to speed this up or re-center the view, drop me a line so I can add it for v1.1.

Thanks and take care.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » LookAtThat