05-27-09, 04:08 PM   #1
septor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Miss tagged(?) addons getting downloaded.

I've ran Minion once (awesome..) and clicked update all. All seem to have gone well until I logged in (yes I backed up my folders so no harm has been done!).

... Actually let me start by saying that I do intend to make bug tracker tickets for all of these (probably one big ticket) once I track down what is getting mistaken for what, however, I'm going to plop the list down here so other people can possibly help track down mistaken addons as well as add to the list (because I don't use every possible addon on this site!).

My list of addons, for reference, can be found here. (I've removed all extra addons (see #2) so nothing gets confusing. I've also removed all the Blizzard added folders to reduce clutter.)

1. Here is a list of known issues

Addon Control Panel actually links to Afterlife Crowd Control. (reported)

2. Extra addons downloaded, what its linked to is unknown.

Aura Unit Frames
Broker_CT
Broker_Recount (possibly downloaded due to having Recount?)
GathererDB_Wowhead
GrizzlySharedMedia

-----------------

Please feel free to post any issues you have. Or if you've tracked down an issue help me add it to #1 (also include if you've made a ticket about it!).
05-27-09, 04:47 PM   #2
Gsusnme
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Same issue here.

The very first time I ran Minion I had a big issue with MANY addon's being mistagged and updated to a different addon.

Quick list of the addons that were unintentionally installed.
  • Ace2
  • Blizz_ThreatMeter
  • Broker_CT
  • BigWigs & Little Wigs (I had these installed already, but the Minion installed some really old version)
  • DerAssistHelper
  • RoguePvPCalc
  • SimpleRunesBar
  • TitanHealBot
  • TitanMobMap
  • TitanRecZone

As for TitanRecZone, I have Broker_RecZone so that may be the confusion there, I do also have MobMap and healbot installed as well, so perhaps that's why it also installed Titan plugin's for those, problem being I don't use TitanBar. I only have one CT based mod which is CT_Mail, so perhaps that's why it installed Broker_CT.

But as for the rest I have no idea which mods it may have mistagged and downloaded those. *shrug*

I should note that this only happened on the FIRST launch, when I realized what had happened I loaded my backup, and tried minion again and it did NOT install the wrong addons, but all aside from one addon it says is up to date, which could very well be true, but I thought that to be strange.

All in all I like the direction this project is going. Keep up the good work!

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Miss tagged(?) addons getting downloaded.