03-15-10, 10:43 PM   #1
seebs
Premium Member
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sometimes thinks things are newer when they aren't?

Quartz r19 (beta) is not newer than Quartz 3.0.2.
03-15-10, 11:03 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Quartz r19 is the latest version showing on this site. Where is the 3.0.2 version ?

Ah, thats why .. Quartz 3.0.2 is on curse not here. Unless Curse has written a plugin for minion it will always think that the latest version on this site is the most up to date. At least I think thats the way it works. I stand corrected if that isn't the case.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
03-16-10, 12:57 AM   #3
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Quartz r19 is the latest version showing on this site. Where is the 3.0.2 version ?

Ah, thats why .. Quartz 3.0.2 is on curse not here. Unless Curse has written a plugin for minion it will always think that the latest version on this site is the most up to date. At least I think thats the way it works. I stand corrected if that isn't the case.
Bulls-eye! This is correct.

Unless the current author of Quartz uploads the latest version here on WoWInterface or if Curse writes/authorizes a Curse module for Minion, Minion will think that Quartz r19 is the latest version. If you want the latest version of Quartz, I would suggest telling Minion to "Ignore" Quartz and then grab the latest version from Curse either via the Curse Client or the old download, unpack and install method.

Minion is correct as far as the existing file on our servers as it has no way of communicating with Curse currently. The change from using release numbers to version numbers (aka r19 -> 3.02) just confuses Minion even more.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Sometimes thinks things are newer when they aren't?