04-16-09, 07:29 AM   #1
Entity
A Murloc Raider
Verticle Styles

I am far from an expert when it comes to lua and especially oUF so I'd rather use something that's already made and then go from there. The only vertical-like style out there is the roth orbs. Is this because it's a pain to fill/empty bars from top to bottom or just preference really?

Basically my ideas came from seeing the AuR_UI and it's frame style. I wanted to see if there was something similar with oUF since it uses Pitbull and I want the least amount of resources used as possible.
04-16-09, 08:34 AM   #2
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
It's really just a preference. Just create a statusbar as normal and run: statusbar:SetOrientation("VERTICAL") on it.
04-16-09, 01:25 PM   #3
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
But beware this will not work if you use textures on that statusbar. Its kinda bugged. I use a transparent statusbar texture and a helper frame with the correct one above.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
04-20-09, 07:51 PM   #4
Entity
A Murloc Raider
Hm, ok I'll have to take a look at your style and see if I can make some sense out of it.

Another thing, is it possible to turn texts vertical as well? (ie: instead of having texts horizontal make it for example turned counter-clockwise 90 degrees?)
04-21-09, 01:58 AM   #5
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Entity View Post
Another thing, is it possible to turn texts vertical as well? (ie: instead of having texts horizontal make it for example turned counter-clockwise 90 degrees?)
No, the only thing you can make vertical is textures.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Verticle Styles