08-18-10, 04:32 PM   #1
Musterd
A Murloc Raider
Lightbulb Pally CD's

G,day im new at using a pally for PvP and im having a bit of trouble with the CD's of the spells pallys use,
eg the 2min from using Divine Shield, Devine Protection, Hand of Protection and the 30sec CD On Lay on hands after using Avenging Wrath.
I find these CD very confusing and also find my self clicking on the spells before the CD has finished with me ending in death.
So i was woundering if anyone new of a good addon for pally CD's or could create a simple one, with the CD timer on the Action Bar buttons and maybe dim the Buttons as well.
Also it would need to work with Bartender4.

Thanks in advance

Was going to try myself but iv only just started reading the Wowprogramming book and thort it would be a bit over my head atm.
08-18-10, 04:43 PM   #2
Aarokh
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No need to reinvent the wheel: Try OmniCC.

It shows the cooldown as a number on your hotkeys and is compatible with Bartender4.
08-18-10, 04:53 PM   #3
Dawn
A Molten Giant

What works best for me is this:

1. place important, short duration CDs on an extra bar and place it beyond your character
2. add CD timers with OmniCC

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

08-18-10, 04:57 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

OmniCC or any other actual cooldown tracker won't help him, as using -- for example -- Avenging Wrath doesn't actually put your Lay on Hands ability on cooldown; you can still cast LoH on other people during that time, you just can't cast it on yourself. Similarly, using Divine Shield doesn't put Hand of Protection on cooldown; you just can't use it on yourself for 2 minutes after using Divine Shield.

However, for the 2-minute "cooldown" on using Divine Shield, Divine Protection, or Hand of Protection, you shouldn't need any addons, as using any of those abilities on yourself gives you the Forbearance debuff. While this debuff remains active, you cannot be the target of Divine Shield, Divine Protection, or Hand of Protection. It's exactly the same situation as priests with Power Word: Shield and Weakened Soul.
08-18-10, 05:38 PM   #5
Musterd
A Murloc Raider
Yeah thanks Phanx,
Thats what im getting at, im using Omni atm.
Basicly i need to have a cooldown counter for the Debuff on the spells so i know when thay can be used on myself.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Pally CD's