07-24-08, 11:33 PM   #1
wingedkat
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Required level on item icons

Well, again, I don't know if this is possible but it would make managing the guild bank sooo much easier.

If I want to sort the equipment by level, at this point, I have to actually hold the cursor over each item and that makes it a long and irritating chore. Would it be possible for a mod to add the required level, not to the tooltip, but to the icon itself, kind of like Fizzle adds the durability on the icon?

I think this would be helpful, too, in the auction house, and heck, in ordinary bank bags. I have often bought something for an alt that isn't quite there yet, and then forgotten I had it by the time she got there until she was already wearing something else.
07-26-08, 06:10 PM   #2
Daemus
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not sure if this has been previously done either but I whipped this up tonight:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...LevelIcon.html

I discovered that it does not work with OneBag (the all-in-one I used up until now) and I suspect the same from other all-in-one addons.

I'm going to look into working around this and adding a config window so you can change the font size, colour and position.

Feedback appreciated, cheers.
07-26-08, 06:19 PM   #3
wingedkat
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Wow, thanks! I'll try it out!
07-26-08, 06:25 PM   #4
Daemus
A Murloc Raider

I've just realised this won't do the guild bank either, I'll look into that now, shouldn't be too hard.
07-26-08, 07:25 PM   #5
Daemus
A Murloc Raider

Updated it to work with guild bank tabs now, you may notice a tiny delay in the numbers updating when you change bank tabs, this is because the client fetches the tab information freshly from the wow server!

Enjoy.
07-26-08, 10:33 PM   #6
wingedkat
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Excellent. Thank you so much. You're right that it does not work with OneBag and I can't do without that, but it DOES work with the guild bank, even with Onebag installed. That is the part I wanted most.

Now, if we could get Kaelten and Norganna to support it for OneBag and Auctioneer... but I suppose that's too much to hope for, just now.

Thank you again!

Kat
07-27-08, 02:20 AM   #7
Macniel
A Fallenroot Satyr

Mmmh maybe you could hook the itemButton specfic function "SetItemButtonTexture(button, texture)" which will be called by buttons who are inherit from ItemButtonTemplate (this should be infact be every button which resemble an item) So you could just hook this and every itembutton can have your required Level FontString.
07-27-08, 03:15 AM   #8
Daemus
A Murloc Raider

Yeah hooking sounds like the ideal solution, still in the process of learning, I'll look into it next

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Required level on item icons