06-09-09, 04:28 AM   #1
Zerox001001
A Murloc Raider
Old mod needs reviving! programmers needed!

Its called My Quests. It lets you create quests and give them to other people with the mod. It was awesome for guild rank ups and to keep guild interested in PVP RP PVE in general. Please someone revive this mod. I couldnt find it here so here is a link to where you can obtain it.

http://wowui.incgamers.com/?p=mod&m=2661

i seriously want this working again.
message me if u can do this please.
06-09-09, 05:31 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Zerox001001 View Post
Its called My Quests. It lets you create quests and give them to other people with the mod. It was awesome for guild rank ups and to keep guild interested in PVP RP PVE in general. Please someone revive this mod. I couldnt find it here so here is a link to where you can obtain it.

http://wowui.incgamers.com/?p=mod&m=2661

i seriously want this working again.
message me if u can do this please.
Why post this a second time? You have already made this request once this month. In case you forgot, here is the thread. Posting multiple threads about the same subject is an excellent way to:
  • Irritate any potential developer. This makes you look impatient.
  • Irritate the regulars and veterans on these boards. We have to wade through these extraneous threads to look for the subjects that interest us. We don't like having to look through static to find what we want.
  • Irritate forum staff. Forum clutter is not a good thing. I know as I moderate forums myself (not these boards) and I have a habit of either locking or merging threads about the same subject.
If someone was interested in reviving this project, it's likely they would have responded to your first thread. If you are so hot and bothered about this AddOn, this would be a good time to learn some Lua and look into reviving this mod yourself. This one of the ways I am learning as I keep alive, via private branches, some old mods that I like. "Learning by doing" is a great way to learn and for me, helps the knowledge "stick".

Last edited by Zyonin : 06-09-09 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Fixed a couple of typos and adjusted for clarity.
06-09-09, 08:17 AM   #3
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Well, I said almost the same thing as you last time he posted this, Lykofos, if somewhat less eloquently. That thread appears to be deleted now. How many others has this guy started? How many more is he going to start? Can we just get an IP ban if he won't just drop this dumb request?
06-09-09, 10:36 AM   #4
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by Jzar View Post
Well, I said almost the same thing as you last time he posted this, Lykofos, if somewhat less eloquently. That thread appears to be deleted now. How many others has this guy started? How many more is he going to start? Can we just get an IP ban if he won't just drop this dumb request?
I always try to be somewhat eloquent when I respond to people. I guess it's just the customer service training for three Olympic Games coming through or the forum mod experience.

I try to educate people rather than simply flame them as I find that is more effective in prevent repeat posts of the same nature. An IP ban is a bit harsh for threads like this and makes the forum mods/admins look Fascist.
06-09-09, 11:16 AM   #5
Aurorablade
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

and if hes patient for a good bit he can just wait on

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-RME_0140.html

and

www.pilus.info

to finish theirs..

Though paitance is required.
06-10-09, 02:14 AM   #6
Zerox001001
A Murloc Raider
..sigh..

Originally Posted by Lykofos View Post
Why post this a second time? You have already made this request once this month. In case you forgot, here is the thread. Posting multiple threads about the same subject is an excellent way to:
  • Irritate any potential developer. This makes you look impatient.
  • Irritate the regulars and veterans on these boards. We have to wade through these extraneous threads to look for the subjects that interest us. We don't like having to look through static to find what we want.
  • Irritate forum staff. Forum clutter is not a good thing. I know as I moderate forums myself (not these boards) and I have a habit of either locking or merging threads about the same subject.
If someone was interested in reviving this project, it's likely they would have responded to your first thread. If you are so hot and bothered about this AddOn, this would be a good time to learn some Lua and look into reviving this mod yourself. This one of the ways I am learning as I keep alive, via private branches, some old mods that I like. "Learning by doing" is a great way to learn and for me, helps the knowledge "stick".
the admins already took off the multiple threads about a week ago. i only have 1 thread up about this unless the admins only TOLD me they removed the others. IF u have nothing positive to say then just ignore what bothers u. thats all. its very simple.
06-10-09, 05:25 AM   #7
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

the admins already took off the multiple threads about a week ago. i only have 1 thread up about this unless the admins only TOLD me they removed the others. IF u have nothing positive to say then just ignore what bothers u. thats all. its very simple.
Your other thread, which I linked, is still active. I just did a simple search and found it.
06-10-09, 11:39 AM   #8
Zerox001001
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Lykofos View Post
Your other thread, which I linked, is still active. I just did a simple search and found it.
Then its not my fault its still up
06-10-09, 12:01 PM   #9
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Then its not my fault its still up
Yes it is your fault. Why didn't you just bump your other thread, instead of starting yet another new one about it?

I told you once already to stop having multiple threads for the same thing. I deleted all but the one, last time. I've deleted that one now, and kept this one since it has more posts now.

Cut it out. You have a thread about it. This one. Use it.

Make any more for the same topic and you're getting banned for spamming. I should by all rights be banning you right now, since I already warned you about it once.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
06-10-09, 12:34 PM   #10
Praesagus
A Theradrim Guardian

It's settled.....

Ok..now that it's settled. He's been warned again and knows he'll be banned in the future, since this is the only one up, can we delete the responses that have nothing to do with his original request (all but one I believe, including mine)? I'd assume that those who could potentially help won't bother reading much or responding to this thread either since it's way off topic now.
06-10-09, 02:49 PM   #11
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
One of the problems I see with the Quest addon is that it is so old. So much has changed since it has been last updated that fixing it might possibly require a LOT of work (especially since it also uses a unique library that will also need to possibly be fixed). Almost as much work as creating it from scratch.

I would just wait for one of the ones posted by Aurorablade to get updated.
06-14-09, 05:10 AM   #12
Zerox001001
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Yes it is your fault. Why didn't you just bump your other thread, instead of starting yet another new one about it?

I told you once already to stop having multiple threads for the same thing. I deleted all but the one, last time. I've deleted that one now, and kept this one since it has more posts now.

Cut it out. You have a thread about it. This one. Use it.

Make any more for the same topic and you're getting banned for spamming. I should by all rights be banning you right now, since I already warned you about it once.
I know you wanred me and i didnt make more threads. When you deleted the others i guess that other one was missed. I dont know what bumb means sorry. I thought th other one was deleted along with the others. Not my fault cuz i didnt know. We all started out on forums one day.
06-14-09, 05:24 AM   #13
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

I know you wanred me and i didnt make more threads. When you deleted the others i guess that other one was missed. I dont know what bumb means sorry. I thought th other one was deleted along with the others. Not my fault cuz i didnt know. We all started out on forums one day.
Definition from Wikipedia.

Thread bumping is commonly considered a breach of netiquette and some moderated forums forbid it. Users may get around that by posting what is ostensibly a genuine reply. Sometimes this will mockingly contain the word "bump" in it, such as "Wandering the forum, he bumps into this thread...", or be a trivial question or response such as "Anyone?" Bumping old or inactive ("dead") threads is occasionally called "necroposting" or "thread necromancy", and the bumped posts referred to as "frankenposts". "Dead" threads that are reawakened are often called "thread necros". People who resurrect old threads are often called "threadomancers". On some boards, bumping a new thread with no replies in order to elicit a response is tolerated, but resurrecting an old thread that has run its course and has been inactive for a period of time (usually anywhere from a few days to a month) is prohibited. The acceptable practice is usually to start a new thread and link to the old thread so that readers can become familiar with the background information. "My Ninja Kiwi" is an example of a site that strictly does not allow thread bumping - you can get banned after a single offense.
Hope this helps

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Old mod needs reviving! programmers needed!