10-19-10, 08:45 PM   #1
swtgurlde
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy Blue Screen of Death

after installing the latest version, every time i log into wow...after i choose my character, at the loading screen my computer just crashes, and i get the blue screen

10-19-10, 10:18 PM   #2
RustyXXL
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I highly doubt an addon can cause a bluescreen.
Bluescreens normally happen due to Hardware or Driver problems.
But without knowing the errormsg of the Bluescreen it's impossible to know the problem.
Note the error msg and google it.

10-19-10, 11:23 PM   #3
swtgurlde
A Defias Bandit
i only say that because everything was running fine, until i installed the new version..i had the beta onee and it still worked,that same day, and it only happens when i get into wow...just by reasoning alone i just thought it could be the addon since its the only thing thats changed at the time...

10-20-10, 01:11 AM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I searched and you are the only one to report a blue screen in these Carbonite forums for 2010, so I doubt it is a Carbonite issue.

Try:
1. Reboot
2. Delete Cache folder.
3. Rename WTF folder to WTFold
4. Test

If that fails, then delete the Interface folder and test.

If that fails, then run the repair tool.

Once it starts working again, if you had to go as far as nuking the Interface folder, then start installing addons a few at a time and test. Install Carbonite first and test by itself.

10-20-10, 07:34 AM   #5
djGrrr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
an addon within wow can't "cause" a bluescreen, just like it can't "cause" wow to crash, and a program such as wow can't "cause" a bluescreen either.

the reason i quote cause is because its possible for those things to trigger a blue screen, but not cause them, bluescreens are caused by bad drivers or bad hardware
the same applies for an addon crashing wow, if that happens, its a bug in wow, as no addon should be capable of making wow crash either

10-20-10, 09:36 AM   #6
RustyXXL
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That's why I posted the OP should note the errormsg and google it, or at least post it here, as that's the only way to tell what exactly is malfunctioning.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Blue Screen of Death