08-31-12, 02:51 PM   #61
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by jarda128 View Post
haleth:
What must do Rythal to legally release of his fan update ?
When off-site link is not allowed,what about attachment with his message ?
Do you someone talk with developers ? what is their opinion ?
I can answer some of that, to legally release my fan update I need the original developers to ok it.

Many people are trying to get a hold of them, but so far it has resulted in silence. It is not a waiting game by my choice, it's just there has so far been no response.

attaching it to a message would be the same as uploading it to MMOUI, it would then be there servers distributing it.

The mods are just doing there job when they remove the link, because normally an off-site link is not permitted, in this situation it was allowed (as far as I understood from talks). I'm not putting it back into the post however until I know for sure I can.

08-31-12, 03:11 PM   #62
jarda128
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I can answer some of that, to legally release my fan update I need the original developers to ok it.

Many people are trying to get a hold of them, but so far it has resulted in silence. It is not a waiting game by my choice, it's just there has so far been no response.

attaching it to a message would be the same as uploading it to MMOUI, it would then be there servers distributing it.

The mods are just doing there job when they remove the link, because normally an off-site link is not permitted, in this situation it was allowed (as far as I understood from talks). I'm not putting it back into the post however until I know for sure I can.
Good luck
Ok,at least we have got 5.0.4 working carbonite thanks to you ...
I remember when some major patch of wow comes (or maybe cataclysm i m not sure)
then some addon author fixes bug in carbonite
,and realeases is to public ... When developers of carbonite find out that,they dont be upset and included his fix in official update...
That was only small correction but maybe u willl be succesfull too ...

JK

Last edited by jarda128 : 08-31-12 at 03:42 PM.

08-31-12, 03:54 PM   #63
aslanruler
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Okay Rythal, figured out the mouseover problem and you were right...it was another addon, not carbonite.

Found two more 'bugs'.

Prior to the patch, the carb minimap could go transparent until I moused over it. Honestly this part looks to me like something you already know about since in the other thread you answered a few questions about the transparency settings of the mini map but I figured I'd bring it up just to be sure.

Secondly, the map for Molten Front appears to be missing. I can see the quest objectives in Molten Front and frankly the front has always been a buggy area for carb but prior to patch, you could see the google view of Molten Front and now it has gone missing.

Keep up the great work and thanks so much for keeping carb alive.

08-31-12, 03:58 PM   #64
kenji101
A Murloc Raider
I'm a flat noob at this..

Ok,, i really been bothered by this and i know its retarded to ask,, but i cant see the link to download this. all i see is the snip thing. No idea how to change that to see it. Little help? haha

08-31-12, 04:03 PM   #65
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by aslanruler View Post
Okay Rythal, figured out the mouseover problem and you were right...it was another addon, not carbonite.

Found two more 'bugs'.

Prior to the patch, the carb minimap could go transparent until I moused over it. Honestly this part looks to me like something you already know about since in the other thread you answered a few questions about the transparency settings of the mini map but I figured I'd bring it up just to be sure.

Secondly, the map for Molten Front appears to be missing. I can see the quest objectives in Molten Front and frankly the front has always been a buggy area for carb but prior to patch, you could see the google view of Molten Front and now it has gone missing.

Keep up the great work and thanks so much for keeping carb alive.
Yeah, trying to figure out how to handle the transparency.... I enabled it again on my test and it works, except in dalaran. Anytime I enter dalaran, I get a huge black circle over the map, i'm sure there's other places that will cause it aswell but that's the one I know for sure anytime I need to see it.

Molton front moved since I couldn't find it anywhere on the map when I was reorganizing for the new continent and kept putting in random values trying to get it to appear... I'll put back the original values for it and hopefully that'll fix it.

08-31-12, 04:06 PM   #66
jarda128
A Cyclonian
BTW the guy,which fixed carbonite for 4.3 wow uploaded his fix on wowinterface ....
dugi advertise his addon (which is maybe only advertisiment on his guide) na wowinterface ...
why not just upload fixed version on wowinterface (this site) ...
but i understand it would be better to wait on reaction original developers

08-31-12, 04:15 PM   #67
faerosong
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I was playing with the patched Carbonite last night with a friend and the quest sharing didn't work. Is this a known issue or just me?

08-31-12, 04:20 PM   #68
jarda128
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by faerosong View Post
I was playing with the patched Carbonite last night with a friend and the quest sharing didn't work. Is this a known issue or just me?
Sorry for a stupid question ...
But do you tried original quest log (alt+L) ...
for example when you want to complete quest which uis not in database,it helps ...

08-31-12, 04:23 PM   #69
chrispk
A Kobold Labourer
How do i download this???? D":

08-31-12, 04:24 PM   #70
faerosong
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The original quest log showed when we have the same quests. But the Carbonite tracker didn't and it didn't share quest data like map markers. The zone was Northern Stranglethorn so data should be up to date.

08-31-12, 04:25 PM   #71
CarrieBHS
A Kobold Labourer
I need this update

I'm so bored at my parent's house. I would love this update!

08-31-12, 04:27 PM   #72
kenji101
A Murloc Raider
Help..

No idea how to download this... just see snip

08-31-12, 04:28 PM   #73
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
anything dealing with a party is bugged. They changed how addons detect groups / raids and it appears just changing the function call to the new one was not enough.

It's on the list of things to look into.

08-31-12, 04:37 PM   #74
jarda128
A Cyclonian
i send the link via PM to these people which wanted it ...
hope it is no illegal
It is good to be bad

08-31-12, 04:41 PM   #75
FrancineX
A Kobold Labourer
Carbonite FAN UPDATE 5.04 link?

Sorry, am not smart enough to figure out where to get download for updated version.
Help, please.

Fran

08-31-12, 04:41 PM   #76
kenji101
A Murloc Raider
hope it is no illegal
It is good to be bad
Big thanks buddy.
And thanks to Rythal for the time and effort

08-31-12, 04:47 PM   #77
Cherio
A Fallenroot Satyr
same here cant figure out how the download works

08-31-12, 04:49 PM   #78
Sesshi
A Murloc Raider

hope it is no illegal
It is good to be bad
Can you e-mail me the link too please? I really wanna get Carb fixed so I can at least see the stuff in bgs and whatnot. :"3 Please and thank you hun.
To spare the sands, the seas, the skies
I offer thee this silent sacrifice" ~ LOVELESS Act V

08-31-12, 05:05 PM   #79
Dex81man
A Defias Bandit
hope it is no illegal
It is good to be bad
Thanks a lot Rythal and jarda128! As soon as I saw it working again it was like an addict getting his fix lol

08-31-12, 05:15 PM   #80
Fatherdyer
A Kobold Labourer
Can someone email me the link to the update please?

Thanks so much!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 5.04