02-19-11, 11:53 PM   #1
Zavadin
A Defias Bandit
Healbot Opacity Question

Ok I asked this question on healbot.info forum and only got one reply by someone who didnt really even read the post so I am trying here.

I was curious if anyone knows what needs to be edited to make the ColorPicker in the healbot options make the background of the healbot panel completely opaque. There is a opacity slider but even at all the way maxed it is still a bit transparent. I know very little about LUA but I did spend about two hours in the healbot_options.lua trying to get the opacity slider to go to a value that would make the background 100% opaque. I am guessing there is a default alpha value set for healbot panels in some other file and the slider wont let me go beyond that. Any help would be much appreciated.

I would like that area to be as solid as the recount background below it.
02-20-11, 12:12 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The texture it is using must have some transparency to it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-20-11, 12:16 AM   #3
Zavadin
A Defias Bandit
Oh wow, I didnt know those backgrounds were actually images. Thought that was just some simple LUA coded background. Thank you I will check out the images.

EDIT: Seems most of the graphics in the image folder for healbot are mainly the graphics for all the different styles of bars. Or is it some kinda of sharedlib graphic?

Last edited by Zavadin : 02-20-11 at 02:59 AM.
02-20-11, 12:46 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It could very well be a graphic stored in the game files. Like the game tooltip background (that is a common one for addons to use, and has just a slight bit of transparency, iirc).

/edit: and all backgrounds are textures. - what you see anyway - the frame that holds them is what is "Lua coded"
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-20-11, 07:03 PM   #5
Zavadin
A Defias Bandit
Figured it out. Thank you very much for helping me narrow this down. My problem was I was looking in the lua files when all the bgfile references are in the xml's.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Healbot Opacity Question