03-31-05, 01:37 AM   #1
VickyD
A Defias Bandit
Question Guild Share Mod?

Our guild members share a lot of items/regeants - and it would be nice to have a Mod where individual guild members can list the items they need/use on a one-time or daily basis.

Other guild members can then counter-check this list before selling off an item unknown to them. If you know of an existing Mod for this purpose, please let me know!
03-31-05, 05:06 AM   #2
Inokis
EQInterface Staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's not currently possible to do what you're asking. You're asking to have persistent data stored for everyone to access. Just coding a UI mod wouldn't suffice. The data would have to be fed through the game to everyone.
03-31-05, 06:31 AM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Guild Item Re-Distribution (GIRD) here

Disclaimer: As always, any time we find a mod for you and direct you to any site other than our own, we can not be held accountable for any problems you may encounter. Never use files from sites/persons that you aren't sure of.

Last edited by Cairenn : 03-31-05 at 01:06 PM.
03-31-05, 12:23 PM   #4
Inokis
EQInterface Staff

/boggles the mind

How the heck are they streaming persistent data to other guildies?
03-31-05, 02:17 PM   #5
Beladona
A Molten Giant

my guess is that it transmits the data in a hidden chat channel, and listens on that channel for updates. Only people online get it of course, so people offline will not get info that has changed while they are offline.

They plan to make it persistent soon in which you will get udpated data when you log in, if it has changed since you logged off. Not sure how they plan to implement this without signifigantly increasing traffic on taht chat channel, and as such slowing things down for people playing. Or maybe I am just reading too much into it...
04-04-05, 01:39 AM   #6
VickyD
A Defias Bandit
Re: Guild Share Mod

My guild spent sometime discussing this - and an obvious alternative was to make it an online database which our members could access and look at the items real-time.

Anyone else doing this method? Also, does anyone know how Thottbot has created their database so that the picture/tooltip of all the items in their databse appears on a mouse-over - and at such high speeds.. ?

-VickyD
04-14-05, 11:16 AM   #7
Pyrrhus
A Defias Bandit
I'm not sure how they do it but I can tell you how I'd do it. In fact I am wanting to write a guild script that handles guild information including character information, guild events and news, and anything else we would offer on our site in game. The way I would handle it is through xml-rpc. I have found an xmlrpc lua library but have yet to see how I would incorporate that into WoW.

I am just now starting to mess with the WoW interface but if I make any discoveries I'll post my findings.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Guild Share Mod?