08-01-15, 09:25 AM   #1
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Replacement for Outfitter

Is there a replacement for Outfitter? Sadly, Outfitter isn't parsing the new format of WoD item links and can't distinguish between, for instance, Felbane Girdle of the Merciless and Felbane Girdle of the Strategist.
08-01-15, 11:18 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Is there something Outfitter provides to you that the built in Equipment Manager does not?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-01-15, 12:43 PM   #3
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Is there something Outfitter provides to you that the built in Equipment Manager does not?
I've been using Outfitter since before Blizzard's Equipment Manager existed so its what I'm comfortable with.

"Outfitter includes an icon bar for fast access to your outfits, a minimap menu for fast compact access, support for LibDataBroker, scripting with a library of pre-made scripts for most common tasks, item comparisons across outfits, and more." The icon bar and item comparisons across outfits are the two I miss the most.

I'm getting better at using the built in Equipment Manager. The Ember addon helps. I just didn't want to settle for the built in EM if there was something "neater than sliced bread" out there I wasn't aware of.
08-06-15, 10:48 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by bsmorgan View Post
Outfitter includes an icon bar for fast access to your outfits, a minimap menu for fast compact access, support for LibDataBroker...
Broker_Equipment provides the last two of those three things; if you really want it on your minimap, you can use Barrel to add any DataBroker plugin's icon to your minimap.

Also, if you use OPie it has built-in support for Equipment Manager sets.
08-07-15, 01:30 PM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
That's what I've been using... love it to bits!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Replacement for Outfitter