12-01-15, 03:46 AM   #1
natassja72
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Queue ready sound/alert - I want it gone/replaced

I see that there is a point to queue ready alert being so much louder than anything else, but I don't really need it, in fact, I hate it. I wish there was a way to adjust this particular sound volume but apparently all that can be done is to replace the sound. But here is the problem: I'm unable to locate it. I've used sound list from this addon, but was unable to find it. I've checked strings with all words that came to my mind that got something to do with it like queue/group/raid/ready/instance/lfr/random etc but to no avail.

BTW, /script PlaySoundFile("Sound/Interface/LFG_DungeonReady.ogg") is NOT the sound, contrary to what may seem by its name.
Does anyone know where to find it?

Last edited by natassja72 : 12-01-15 at 03:50 AM.
12-01-15, 04:03 AM   #2
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Is /run PlaySound("ReadyCheck") the sound you're interested in?
12-01-15, 05:27 AM   #3
natassja72
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Yes, indeed, it is this sound, but when I tested it and played it right after real queue popped, it was much quieter, like a regular ready check.
Plus, odd thing is that when I was going through the sound macros list, this sound:

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound/Interface/ReadyCheck.ogg")

is something entirely different. I'm starting to thing this list is useless. Anyway, the sound you linked, I'd like to test and replace it, how do I do it? what is the physical path to it, like in macro I quoted?
12-01-15, 08:26 AM   #4
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
From your description it sounds like you're actually running an addon that's turning your sound volume up specifically for the queue, try disabling all of your addons and see if it's still too loud for you.

You can see here what the interface is executing when the dungeon queue pops, there's nothing that should make it louder than the /run command I posted.

If you're still interested in the physical path to the sound file it's "sound/interface/levelup2.ogg"

You can also try turning this into an addon, it may or may not work to mute the sound effect.
Lua Code:
  1. local RestoreSound = function() SetCVar('Sound_EnableSFX', '1') end
  2. hooksecurefunc('LFGDungeonReadyStatus_ResetReadyStates', function()
  3.     if GetCVar('Sound_EnableSFX') == '1' then
  4.         SetCVar('Sound_EnableSFX', '0')
  5.         C_Timer.After(0, RestoreSound)
  6.     end
  7. end)

Last edited by semlar : 12-01-15 at 09:08 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Queue ready sound/alert - I want it gone/replaced