02-08-07, 07:41 PM   #1
Chosker
A Kobold Labourer
Question My UI (screen). how to make it multi-resolution compatible, how to distribute?

hello everyone,
I'm new to modding but I've been working on an UI for the past few days, now I'm satisfied enough to use it as it is, and even release it if someone is interested. of course not everything works as my character is rogue, but I can finish the rest of the windows if I get enough interest.

however I worked on it to move bars and things so it works on my resolution (1920x1200 wide), but if I change the resolution all the positions are messed up.

also I tried giving it to a friend but everything was even more messed up, not all the styles showed up and the windows were all over the place. I tried doing it like other mods do, gave him /addons and /WTF and made him rename my account name, server name and character name to his, and it didn't work.
I don't know how to make it work elsewhere, therefore I can't release it to the public because I don't know how to make it work on other setups.

I used discord art, discord unit frames, fubar, bartender3, squeenix, detached mini buttons and moveanything to create, modify and move things, along with some other mods that I only used to make things that should work on any setup (like chatmod, simplecombatlog, etc)

can anyone plz help? it's like the configs of everything were not saved, or mostly everything.

here's a pic of my UI for you to see

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » My UI (screen). how to make it multi-resolution compatible, how to distribute?