10-06-11, 02:52 AM   #1
adirrtymind
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation LF Guild Ranking Addon

Looking for a simple addon that will auto-promote members based on how long they have been in the guild. ie - 7Days =Member,2 months= Veteran... etc etc

I saw GuildMaster, but it hasn't been updated in a long while, and is very buggy.

Any ideas?
10-06-11, 07:43 AM   #2
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Nothing comes to mind but you should be aware that any addon you find will:
- only be able to determine how long a character's been in a guild if it was running at the time; by monitoring guild joins and/or comparing roster snapshots.
(there is no game api - afaik - to get that info)
- would probably get confused by character renames
(since hey appear as a left/joined)
- would have no way to link alts to mains without some manual work
(be it editing member notes and have it find relationships from there or any other trick)

Also do you care for how long someone's been in the guild only or how active someone is?
I mean should the promotes keep happening if someone last logged on 3 months ago?
10-06-11, 08:23 AM   #3
Vlad
A Molten Giant

Total contribution API should be able to provide an idea of who has been here longest, at least, active and playing. :P

In any case, I am not aware of any flexible guild management addons out now, so like most I reckon, we write our own to suit our needs. Maybe someone will make you an addon to do what you asked for, we will see...
10-06-11, 12:50 PM   #4
adirrtymind
A Defias Bandit
Again, I'm not looking for something that does a perfect job. I really don't want people that have been in my guild for two months staying at rank 1, etc. Having nearly 1200 UNIQUE members between 2 guilds, I don't have the time to promote individually.

Thanks for all the information thus far!

Cheers!

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Nothing comes to mind but you should be aware that any addon you find will:
- only be able to determine how long a character's been in a guild if it was running at the time; by monitoring guild joins and/or comparing roster snapshots.
(there is no game api - afaik - to get that info)
- would probably get confused by character renames
(since hey appear as a left/joined)
- would have no way to link alts to mains without some manual work
(be it editing member notes and have it find relationships from there or any other trick)

Also do you care for how long someone's been in the guild only or how active someone is?
I mean should the promotes keep happening if someone last logged on 3 months ago?
10-17-11, 03:13 AM   #5
Darksolder
A Murloc Raider
My ex-GM Ketho made some sort of guild ranking addon, not sure if it could be modified to fit your needs, but i'll send him a link of this thread.
10-17-11, 10:49 AM   #6
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Darksolder View Post
My ex-GM Ketho made some sort of guild ranking addon, not sure if it could be modified to fit your needs, but i'll send him a link of this thread.
I've already read this thread (Darksolder), but it's basically everything what Vladinator and Dridzt already said ..

There already are a lot of existing guild management addons that can promote/demote based on custom criteria,
and what I wrote (for my guild) is just a bunch of scripts combined into an addon
10-18-11, 06:40 AM   #7
Darksolder
A Murloc Raider
Ah :P Well it was worth a shot!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » LF Guild Ranking Addon