08-24-09, 04:43 PM   #1
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

What quest do you hate the most?

I have more than one quest that gets on my nerves, and that is the moutain lion blood quest outside Hillsbrad. Also the quest in Desolace where you collect the ears from the centaurs. I mean how the hell can you not get blood or ears from every kill, lol.

Bellator

Mary-Chapin Carpenter
08-24-09, 04:47 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Collecting murloc heads around Southshore. Sometimes I guess I just smash the head in a bit too much and can't collect it... /shrug
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-24-09, 04:50 PM   #3
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
"digging through the ooze" in wetlands.
08-24-09, 05:05 PM   #4
Jesamyn
<This Space for Rent>

The Nesingwary quest chain in STV.
08-24-09, 05:33 PM   #5
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Jesamyn View Post
The Nesingwary quest chain in STV.
Really? Are you sure it's not the ganking while doing those quests? I personally love those quests, and the quests in Nagrand and Sholazar.
08-24-09, 06:35 PM   #6
Republic
Paladin

By far, the worst quest in the game....

You, Robot

It's way too hard for its level and no one ever wants to help with it. And of course, the glitches it has historically had with Blizzard's inability to fix it (sort of like the many hunter bugs since the dawn of man).
08-24-09, 06:42 PM   #7
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Darkshore quests, all of them.
08-24-09, 08:40 PM   #8
Jesamyn
<This Space for Rent>

Originally Posted by mrruben5 View Post
Really? Are you sure it's not the ganking while doing those quests? I personally love those quests, and the quests in Nagrand and Sholazar.
Nah, I play on an RP server, so no ganking. I think I hate them because I've done them on multiple toons. They're just repetitive and I always go 'not this again!'
08-25-09, 03:45 AM   #9
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Oh geez yes the Darkshore quest line, how could I forget all the running from on end of the zone to the other.

Bellator

Mary-Chapin Carpenter
08-25-09, 05:26 AM   #10
Coren
A Murloc Raider
"Twisted Hatred" (ID 932) on Teldrassil

You come out of the newbie zone and this quest (not flagged as group quest) suggests itself as being one of the lowest and closest in the next area, so you (being lvl 5) go for it.

Only, the target to kill...
- is deep in a cave (no running away alive usually)
- has usually 2 guards (~lvl 7) you can't split away
- is lvl 8 (with according dps)
- and can switch to cat form (yay 1.0 swings per second)

In other words, getting repeatedly owned by him as a NE priest is not an experience a newbie should have to wonder about... (Druid is easy since indoor roots, yay! )
08-25-09, 05:27 AM   #11
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Two words.... Poop quests.

Blizz seems to have a really disturbing fixation on making players dig through poop.

I wonder if anyone has ever done a definitive study on how many poop quests there are, and how many poops have been added since the original game was released.

One more thing, I don't believe I've ever used the word "poop" quite this many times in one post. So I intend to poopingly make the poopish most of this poopy post.

POOP!

Admins, please don't ban me, I can't pooping help my poopy self.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
08-25-09, 07:03 AM   #12
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Someone at Blizz has a serious Poop fetish. I hate those quests!
08-25-09, 08:19 AM   #13
OttoDeFe
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Syxx View Post
Darkshore quests, all of them.
Even the "Tower of Exlaxx" line? ;p

Those are the "poopiest"!
but if there's a war
I just don't know if a Bic will save ya..."

-- Last Offence
08-25-09, 08:56 AM   #14
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The Tower Anthrax?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-25-09, 09:00 AM   #15
Darxon
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
The Tower of Althalaxx maybe ?
08-25-09, 09:38 AM   #16
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
yes, yes, yes

Ah, was Castle Anthrax anyway (which had a tower...)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2945860/Monty-Python-anthrax

08-25-09, 12:16 PM   #17
Verissi
Premium Member

Anything that makes me gather a silly amount of pages for a book (Green Hills of Stranglethorn, Shredder Manual, etc). I'm a notorious packrat, which makes it nearly impossible to ever complete them due to inventory space issues.

Samophlange Manual in the Barrens also irritates me. The cave is densely populated, has frequent patrols, and the nearest graveyard is by the Crossroads. If you die in that cave, it takes so long to run back that EVERYTHING has respawned around your corpse. I just skip it these days.

Side note: I found more irritating quests Alliance-side than I have Horde-side, for some reason. I think they gave us Barrens chat to compensate
08-25-09, 01:26 PM   #18
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Verissi View Post
Anything that makes me gather a silly amount of pages for a book (Green Hills of Stranglethorn, Shredder Manual, etc). I'm a notorious packrat, which makes it nearly impossible to ever complete them due to inventory space issues.

Samophlange Manual in the Barrens also irritates me. The cave is densely populated, has frequent patrols, and the nearest graveyard is by the Crossroads. If you die in that cave, it takes so long to run back that EVERYTHING has respawned around your corpse. I just skip it these days.

Side note: I found more irritating quests Alliance-side than I have Horde-side, for some reason. I think they gave us Barrens chat to compensate
2nd that..
08-25-09, 02:28 PM   #19
joshx1
A Defias Bandit
Being a huge horde fan, me and a friend decided to go and try being alliance for a bit (quest together), we hit like 18, we finished darkshore and I think I couldn't survive it if I didn't have him in the group. So much running, and the quest where you kill the guys near that building with elites in it (I ran in without thinking and got killed by the elites in a few hits, with both of us laughing over vent).

Good times..
08-25-09, 03:47 PM   #20
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
my highest-level alliance character is about level 11, so i can't speak to that side of the fence (and there is a centaur-skin rug on the floor in front of every bourgeois horde hearth)...

but there are a number of quests on the horde side that consist of assisting one or another garish NPC in torturing/executing helpless alliance captives. as i have pushed this or that alt along the level treadmill, i increasingly find myself bypassing those quests. even fighting NPCs of a feral horde race makes me a bit queasy (what happened to ethnic solidarity?)

a little too close to real-life these days? perhaps. but in the context of a game, even an immersive RPG conceptually motivated by epic conflict, i have just never found that sort of thing "fun". hmm, how do you say "marxist appeaser" in Taurahe? heh

(then, of course, the Death Knight was introduced, and i had to suck it up... and soon we will be rolling Worgen, and if there is any justice the wolf-people will be at war with the whole world... or simply view everyone else as food... "hey, uh, do you need that?" ).
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"

Last edited by acapela : 08-25-09 at 03:53 PM.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Gameplay » What quest do you hate the most?