09-23-09, 07:20 AM   #1
Aragent
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addons not updating

Addons are not updating as it wants to delete files befor updating.

and it cannot delete the files.

Windows 7 RTM, as its a Executable Jar file I am not getting permission to run it with admin privliges so it has no rites to the File Folder.

My preferance is to not have it delete befor updating but have that as a option. as I have many addons I have modified files such as map data that I would then have to reload that file after word if it deletes folder instead of just overrights the file.
11-04-09, 06:18 PM   #2
NiteSwine
A Kobold Labourer
Pretty sure you're like me: Skipped Vista altogether and finally gave Windows 7 a shot after sticking with XP for a good long while.

Ran across the same thing. Did the following and the problem has been resolved: 1) Set security properties for Minion (for my account) to full control and 2) Set security properties for World of Warcraft directory (also for my account) to full control (this changes all nested files and directories in one shot).

To do this, right-click on the appropriate item (minion.jar or World of Warcraft directory icon) and select Properties. Select Security tab. Click Edit. Select your User account from the list. Then, check the Full Control box. Hit OK and you're gtg. Relaunch Minion and update away.

Because by default my account did not have full control over this application and/or the contents of the WoW directory structure, Minion was not able to delete and/or write to the WoW directory.

This sounds like similar issues those who have battled with the quirks Vista has provided. I'm sure one of those people may be able to provide a much clearer explanation.
11-05-09, 12:22 PM   #3
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
WoW should not be installed in the Program Files directory on Windows 7. For detailed reasons for this, please see the "Interface Help" forum stickies.

I do plan to handle this gracefully in the future. Until then, either run Minion as an administrator or adjust where WoW is installed.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
11-07-09, 02:45 AM   #4
donchupa
Premium Member

Premium Member
k well i thought id wait a while for the beta version to settle down and have just dl minion and tried to update my addones, got message unable to delete files.

yes im running win7 64 bit and im set as administrater, have checked just in case the properties of both wow and minion and they have full access, so apart from moving my wow folder any ideas ??

is there a way to get rid of the stupid advert as well or is that a default item
11-07-09, 02:23 PM   #5
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Since you're a premium member you can remove the advertisement by filling in your login details in the options panel.

Are you sure Minion is actually running as an administrator? This is not trivial to do, and just because you're an administrator does not mean you actually have administrative privileges (UAC blocks that).
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Addons not updating