10-12-10, 10:28 PM   #1
mightymousie
A Defias Bandit
Addon Pathing Problem

Hi! So,

I have wow installed on an external HD for portability between computers while I'm fixing/rebuilding some things; which works fine, runs curse client but I use MMOUI minion to catch the addons that curse sucks with. However, while minion loads, it doesn't register the pathing that I have via the external (IE, I have no addons loading at all to update). I'm wondering is there some way I can set the application path to dectect the addons? Or am I installing it wrong?

10-12-10, 10:52 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Have you changed the path to your WoW folder in Minion's options?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-13-10, 01:47 AM   #3
mightymousie
A Defias Bandit
Well, I click on the options menu (under tools) and nothing happens. I can open and update the module center and everything else functions-but nothing when it comes to options.
10-13-10, 11:44 AM   #4
Peyana
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Installed Add-ons Don't Show up in Minion

Not sure if there is already a thread for this--tried to do a search with many different terms and didn't find anything.

I have 54 add-ons according to Minion--however, a physical count in my folder says I have 70 add-ons (didn't count the ones that load with the actual add-on). Most if not all the ones that I have installed are marked as My Favorites.

Can you help me? Or is it just something that I have to deal with? Cause it really is a pain to have to search for and "install" updated add-ons every time an add-on that doesn't show in Minion is updated. Please help!
10-13-10, 05:41 PM   #5
mightymousie
A Defias Bandit
The physical count in your addon folder may not reflect the actual addon count that you have for your game. Many of the mods offered come in multiple folders with multiple different names for different parts of the mods. For example, most boss mods come with different folders for specific raid dungeons or game eras. Don't know if that's what you were referring to exactly, but it could be at least part of it?
10-14-10, 08:45 AM   #6
Peyana
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by mightymousie View Post
The physical count in your addon folder may not reflect the actual addon count that you have for your game. Many of the mods offered come in multiple folders with multiple different names for different parts of the mods. For example, most boss mods come with different folders for specific raid dungeons or game eras. Don't know if that's what you were referring to exactly, but it could be at least part of it?
No, I realize there are multiple folders that come with some of the add-ons I have. I didn't count those folders. Some of the add-ons that don't show up-and that I get from your site-are Xbar (core), Atlas (core), Gatherer, Auctioneer, just to name a few.

Auctioneer I have been downloading from the developer site for the preview version instead of the release version, but Gatherer I downloaded from your site.

My question is, maybe there is something in my settings that aren't right,and that's why Minion isn't listing the mods? Another question I have is that some of the mods--Decursive for example-doesn't show the correct version in Minion-I am assuming that is because Minion didn't download it so it can't read the correct version?

Other than these issues, I really appreciate the program; saves me a lot of time in downloading and installing updates. Thank you!

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Addon Pathing Problem