03-27-08, 12:32 PM   #101
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by MaybeHoP View Post
Only have 1 error showing up right now.

Any ideas?

Thanks to everyone for all your hard work. A tough couple of days for sure, but i'm sure we'll get there. Thanks again.
That's the entire error?!? Holy cryptic error batman!

Seriously tho.. If that's the whole error, I hope it goes away for you because that isn't enough to figure out which addon is causing it without enabling them one at a time until it shows up...
03-27-08, 12:42 PM   #102
otelma
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Mazzle - got your message! Was just asking the reason why you won't package the addons together (bing on a mac for me the whole process is particularly painful....)

On another topic - after updating every addon i could today, the mazzification does not work... am I doing something wrong?
It remains stuck at the point where the little gnome (Mazzle, i guess) jumps only every time I push the button.

Thanks again for the support and the fantastic product!

ale
03-27-08, 01:02 PM   #103
gsxrjjordan
A Kobold Labourer
^^^ There's instructions on what to do when you don't get a complete 'mazzlegazm'... take a screenshot or copy/paste the error message from BugSack (the red sack in the upper left) like the poster above you did.
03-27-08, 01:08 PM   #104
TheDude89
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Aethenelle View Post
If you have to raid in 30min switch back!!!

the settings from Bongos will not come forward to the new versions (not even to bongos2).

If you have more time later and want to switch back to Bongos3 I'd suggest looking through Mazzifier/Mazzifier_Layouts.lua to figure out how to set up the bars in Bongos3 manually. The data is fairly straight forward and should allow a technical person to easily configure bongos3 by hand. Also, update your Bongos3 version frequently for now, it's still in Beta and kinda rough.

One problem though... Bongos3 doesn't anchor to non bongos3 frames so layout may have to be fixed whenever you change the size of a bar.

Alternatively, you could wait for me to release the updated Mazzle and Bongos3 code. Modifications to Bongos3 are, so far, fairly minimal and it should be fairly simple to keep up with releases.
I switched back, but the bar is still gone

any tips or ideas on how to fix this?

But, atleast I made the raid thanks to the back up WTF and Interface that the directions told me to make
03-27-08, 01:08 PM   #105
MaybeHoP
Premium Member
Premium Member
Aethenelle, thanks for the feedback. I've gotten pretty good at working through that bugsack and chasing down offending addons but that one is incredibly cryptic. It's not a big bother, was just hoping that someone might have seen it as well. Look forward to the patch.

Thanks again.
03-27-08, 01:23 PM   #106
Mellowed
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
daaang, this patch update must have alot of work on it ... its been long days of hard work for you guys (whoever is making it) ... ya think ur even half way done haha?? i feel bad for the people doing all this :P ... cheers to you guys :P
03-27-08, 02:34 PM   #107
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by TheDude89 View Post
I switched back, but the bar is still gone

any tips or ideas on how to fix this?

But, atleast I made the raid thanks to the back up WTF and Interface that the directions told me to make
I have to say the following (it's in the rulebook - point out the most obvious thing that could have gone wrong - this is mostly cause it's usually the first mistake a programmer would make [yes, I've done it]):
make sure load out of date addons is checked and bongos is being loaded.
try to mazzify.

It's possible (likely) the update to Bongos3 wiped your old config, though, it may also have just caused bongos1 not to load, so I'd check that first.

If that fails manually remove all bongos addons and reinstall them from the mazzle copies of Bongos1. Or, remove nd install bongos3 then manually configure it the way you want until the update is released. One word of caution though, don't load Bongos_Minimap it won't work/look right with the way mazzleUI deals w/ the minimap.

Originally Posted by Mellowed View Post
daaang, this patch update must have alot of work on it ... its been long days of hard work for you guys (whoever is making it) ... ya think ur even half way done haha?? i feel bad for the people doing all this :P ... cheers to you guys :P
yes, lots of work to go.... bugfixes seem close to complete but the updates to mazzifying bongos3 (huge), the new WitchHunt(decent), SCT(simple-ish), nQuestlog(almost trivial) and replacing SCL(unknown) will take some time.

It'd take less time but I want to see the new content too. ;P

Originally Posted by MaybeHoP View Post
Aethenelle, thanks for the feedback. I've gotten pretty good at working through that bugsack and chasing down offending addons but that one is incredibly cryptic. It's not a big bother, was just hoping that someone might have seen it as well. Look forward to the patch.

Thanks again.
I figured that was why you posted it. ;P Thanks for the help you've been providing.
03-27-08, 07:13 PM   #108
Shinzen
A Murloc Raider
Hmm. Strange. I've got the Ui working (mostly) but whenever I talk to an npc who isn't a merchant, especially quest NPCs, the convo/quest window seems to like popping up offscreen to the side or top. I can snap it back down by opening the character pane, but that is a bit annoying. is this a nQuestlog issue? It doesn't effect vendors, but does effect trainers.
03-27-08, 07:42 PM   #109
Arcalyn
A Murloc Raider
Thank you for posting the fix!

I was afraid I was going to have to quit WoW, I honestly cannot play without MazzleUI

Thanks again!!!!!!
03-27-08, 07:56 PM   #110
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Shinzen View Post
Hmm. Strange. I've got the Ui working (mostly) but whenever I talk to an npc who isn't a merchant, especially quest NPCs, the convo/quest window seems to like popping up offscreen to the side or top. I can snap it back down by opening the character pane, but that is a bit annoying. is this a nQuestlog issue? It doesn't effect vendors, but does effect trainers.
That would be a movable frames mod of some type... I haven't seen that problem at all... do you have any non mazzle addons?

Originally Posted by Arcalyn View Post
Thank you for posting the fix!

I was afraid I was going to have to quit WoW, I honestly cannot play without MazzleUI

Thanks again!!!!!!
That's kinda why I'm doin some of this... I'm really addicted to the mazzle layouts...
03-27-08, 08:50 PM   #111
Wolfang
A Theradrim Guardian
That's the entire error?!? Holy cryptic error batman!

Seriously tho.. If that's the whole error, I hope it goes away for you because that isn't enough to figure out which addon is causing it without enabling them one at a time until it shows up...

I am getting that same error as well..the only one Bugsack catches at load...I'll see if I can try to narrow it down.

W
03-27-08, 08:56 PM   #112
Shinzen
A Murloc Raider
That would be a movable frames mod of some type... I haven't seen that problem at all... do you have any non mazzle addons?
Edit: Fixed. Anyone else with this problem, (Quest/Trainer frames moving off the screen thanks to moveFrames)

Follow instructions here:

First Browse to your WoW Directory, from there open up WTF\Account\<account name>\<server>\<character>\SavedVariables
And delete moveFrames.LUA and moveFrames.lua.bak.
Then edit the below file as shown in wordpad.

Exit out of WoW, Open with WordPad your WTF\Account\<account name>\<server>\<character>\layout-cache.txt
and change QuestFrame to:

Code:
Frame: QuestFrame
FrameLevel: 32
Anchor: TOPLEFT
X: 40
Y: 67
W: 926
H: 512

With the below fix you are able to move the frames safely again.
Open the file below in WordPad and change the following
AddOns\moveFrames\core.lua
Line: 351-353

Code:
		local point, relativeTo, relativePoint, xoff, yoff = f:GetPoint()
		frameInfo.x = xoff
		frameInfo.y = yoff
to

Code:
--local point, relativeTo, relativePoint, xoff, yoff = f:GetPoint()
		local xoff = f:GetLeft()
		local yoff = f:GetTop()
		local xtrue = UIParent:GetLeft()
		local ytrue = UIParent:GetTop()
		frameInfo.x = xoff - xtrue
		frameInfo.y = yoff - ytrue
While you're in there delete

Code:
     self:Hook("MovePanelToCenter", "MovePanelToCenter", true) self:Hook("MovePanelToLeft", "MovePanelToLeft", true)
At line 79-80.

That should do it.

Last edited by Shinzen : 03-27-08 at 09:54 PM.
03-27-08, 09:44 PM   #113
ArchaicVampyre
A Murloc Raider

Problems with the 3D Animated Portrait Models

I can't seem to get the Animated portrait model to show for my character. Also , when I click on a NPC or Mob, The pedestal comes up, but doesn't show a 3D Model. I've already gone into Mazz3D Options to enable the Models but still nothing shows. Which MOD helps control the set up?
03-27-08, 09:45 PM   #114
Kadell
A Murloc Raider
Ok I am going to be as brief as possible.. I am not up on Coding.. this is what I do know... when I try to Mazzify it freezes at Mazzifying Blizzard and I do not get the accept changes button.. not sure what all else is going on any suggestions??
03-27-08, 09:53 PM   #115
Shinzen
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Kadell View Post
Ok I am going to be as brief as possible.. I am not up on Coding.. this is what I do know... when I try to Mazzify it freezes at Mazzifying Blizzard and I do not get the accept changes button.. not sure what all else is going on any suggestions??
It's stopping because of the errors in the lua file (I assume). Follow the instructions on page 7, basically search the files for UnitNamePlayer and replace then with what's written on page 7.

If you don't feel comfortable, I could upload the changed files, if that is allowed?
03-27-08, 10:32 PM   #116
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by ArchaicVampyre View Post
I can't seem to get the Animated portrait model to show for my character. Also , when I click on a NPC or Mob, The pedestal comes up, but doesn't show a 3D Model. I've already gone into Mazz3D Options to enable the Models but still nothing shows. Which MOD helps control the set up?
That's either DUF or mazzle custom code. I'm not seeing any problem like it, though, i do see classes not loading properly in that window (and several others). I think that has to do with some of the API changes in 2.4.

Originally Posted by Kadell View Post
Yup instructions on page 7 or follow the link in the OP.

It's stopping because of the errors in the lua file (I assume). Follow the instructions on page 7, basically search the files for UnitNamePlayer and replace then with what's written on page 7.

If you don't feel comfortable, I could upload the changed files, if that is allowed?
Nope... WoW Interface has a policy against posting links to addon files hosted elsewhere.

Edit: Fixed. Anyone else with this problem, (Quest/Trainer frames moving off the screen thanks to moveFrames)

Follow instructions here:

First Browse to your WoW Directory, from there open up WTF\Account\<account name>\<server>\<character>\SavedVariables
And delete moveFrames.LUA and moveFrames.lua.bak.
Then edit the below file as shown in wordpad.
Not such a good idea actually... Without confirmation and error duplication from others changing the code is not a good idea. Especially since MoveFrames is an Ace mod and should be updated through them. Unless you'd like to start supporting the mod yourself. ;P

As a rule, unless the mod is one made or modified by mazzlefizz, bugs get fixed through updating and working with the authors of that specific mod. Trying to fix a bug may create many more if you don't understand the codebase of the mod. I've seen some really wacky things done in some of these mods that I'd hope I would never do myself and had I made changes without knowing those things were there would have really messed things up.

If anyone else does run into this problem, the best solution is to try deleting/renaming the savedvariables file for MoveFrames and let us know. If that doesn't work remazzify and make sure your settings for screen size are correct.
03-27-08, 11:13 PM   #117
Durnag
A Defias Bandit
Portrait in upper left.

Originally Posted by ArchaicVampyre View Post
I too am having this problem. Nice to have the interface back.

Thanks for all the effort!

Durnag
03-27-08, 11:40 PM   #118
Nighrunner
A Cyclonian

Damn i want a full workin Mazzle UI like in the old times. Some times i think this ui is about to come to an end
03-27-08, 11:48 PM   #119
Nighrunner
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz View Post
Please do not post redistribution of the code. After we work out the details, Aethenelle will probably post a bug fix patch and a updated add-on pack just like Detard did before. We'll still have the three packages and the installation will be the same.
I LOVE YOU MAZZLE PLEASE COME BACK!
03-28-08, 12:00 AM   #120
Overkill
A Defias Bandit
Okay so I moved my autobar and tried configuring Eavesdrop to fit into the space SCL occupied. I have two problems: First there is still the two black squares where the combat logs used to be. Is that just part of the skin, or how can I fix that? Second, even though I have SCL disabled, I still get items received messages and such in the right hand box. Where can this be turned off?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.4 bugfix thread