09-01-05, 10:19 PM   #1
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
KC_Items 0.93. Preview and release thread.

Well I was effected by hurricane Katrina. But now I'm back, and wanted to give people a little insight as to whats up with KC_Items, my current project on deck.

I'm currently in process of a complete rewrite. This should take care of most of the small bugs I hope*.

I'm planning on adding a few more modules in the next few releases.

AuctionHelper: Will do such fun things as remember auction prices, will auto set items to prices based on market trends, identify good deals, allow you to config which tab the auction window opens too by default, and also how long a default auction will be. Maybe more, I've not started writing much of it yet. Will be dependent on the auction module and maybe sellvalue.

iteminfo: Will display craft profession info, stack info, and all that fun stuff that everyone wants.

Some modules also are getting some serious love.

These include, sellvalue, auction, and tooltiphooker, nearly every module is getting some kinda optimization, slight reworking, bug fixes, and/or added features.

If I get done with these revisions before 1.7 comes out then I'll post 0.93 before 1.7 comes out and mess around on the test server till I get a stable 1.7 version and then release it when that comes out.

If 1.7 comes out, hopefully I'll have a version out within a few days after that. .93 is currently about 40% done, and up until the hurricane was progressing quickly. I hope progress picks back up soon.

I've added a few preview screens of some of the tooltip enhancements, with a few different modes in effect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tooltip2.jpg
Views:	1438
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	153  Click image for larger version

Name:	tooltip.JPG
Views:	1316
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	154  

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with

Last edited by Kaelten : 09-01-05 at 11:06 PM.
09-02-05, 01:13 AM   #2
Devla
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Glad to hear you are doing ok. Just watching the tv coverage makes me sick to my stomach, my prayers are with everyone affected.

Regarding KC_Items....you're a tease!!

Thanks
09-04-05, 07:55 PM   #3
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
MORE TEASE MORE TEASE! hehe

also I'd like to add that there are about 7 or 8 different options available at the time of this screenshot to customize the tooltip.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tooltip3.jpg
Views:	964
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	155  

Last edited by Kaelten : 09-04-05 at 07:58 PM.
09-10-05, 12:46 PM   #4
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
preview of the new linkview frame, or at least most of it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	linkview.JPG
Views:	986
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	156  

09-28-05, 10:51 AM   #5
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
hi guys, sorry I havn't been around to answer questions lately. I've been moving this past weekend.

Today I'm finishing moving, after that I'll start full force in finishing up the new linkview.

At that point I'll probably release a beta copy. .93 has been a 100% complete rewrite.

Every module I've done has been udpate changed or completely reworked.

I also have a few new modules that I want to have released before .93 goes gold. This included AuctionBroker and ItemInfo. Those two modules will provide alot of the functionality that most people have requested.

On a side note for those that are interested, these are some things that have changed.

A completely new module system. Previously each module was a seperate ace application roughly strung togather by some shoestrings. Now each modules ties into the core module in a much tighter fashion. This gives the whole system more stability and a more consistant feel to the users.

I've added vendor sell values to the SellValue module. Now you can see how much a vendor sells something for as well as how much he'll pay for it.

I've redone Auction to provide more intuetive handling of per section scanning, and improved code effeciency.

I've seperated the auto price feature from auciton into aucitonbroker. I've made the auction price creation more robust and configurable. It now remembers previous sell prices as well so if you edit the price, instead of making up a new one you'll just use the old one again. Also AuctionBroker provides one-click auction listing. This one is still a work in progress. I've got alot more options planned for AB. Oh and the 5.3230201666 avg stack bug has been fixed.

TooltipHooker has been made flexable. including seperated tooltips and many other options.

Bank and inventory have some bugs worked out of them.

There is more thats been updated I'm sure. I hope everyone is as excited about this release as I am. I honestly feel that many of the features that people have been looking for will be answered in this release, And the ones that aren't will NOT be ignored. I'll continue until people say "damn man, theres too much here" and I'll just say "so what, delete what you don't want, the rest will still work."

Later guys, off to make my last load of stuff.

Kaelten.

P.S. thanks for the compliments Pies, I hope that the above post answers any questions you have.

09-28-05, 04:35 PM   #6
Jexx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Quick question/suggestion for Linkview.

I'm very used to sorting my items via Quality...however I have always done so by having the highest quality (purple) at top.

In Linkview, white items are sorted at the top..and the blue/purple items are clear at the bottom.

Is there any option/command to reverse this??
09-28-05, 06:46 PM   #7
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
there will be in .93

09-29-05, 09:40 AM   #8
dunnar
A Murloc Raider
Does AuctionBroker include functionality to search for items that are being sold below their average prices? I'm very interested in hearing about this new module and what it's capable of. Thanks.
09-29-05, 07:30 PM   #9
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
its on the todo list if not for the initial release than soon after.

09-30-05, 01:33 PM   #10
Peis
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Kaelten
also I'd like to add that there are about 7 or 8 different options available at the time of this screenshot to customize the tooltip.
What are the different options available to display and not display?

*edit* whoops haha! nevermind! i re-read what was in the latest update and saw that you added support for it lol.

Last edited by Peis : 09-30-05 at 01:39 PM.
10-07-05, 08:58 AM   #11
rimster
A Defias Bandit
Hey KC,

just wanted to check if there's any progress on the development of version .93... Hope Rita didn't do damange in your area again, well let us know, can't wait for the new version...
10-07-05, 10:48 AM   #12
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hello Kaelten, I was wondering if you might be able to tell me if the following public methods will exist after the mod is restructured, it would help me make changes to my mod which has an optional dep on your mod. Thanks, list follows :

Code:
KC_Items.db:get()
KC_Items:GetName(id)
KC_Items:GetTextLink(id)
Thanks very much

Kasheen
10-07-05, 11:48 AM   #13
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Code:
function KC_ItemsClass:GetName(id, trunc)
	if (self._cId == id and not trunc) then
		return self._cName;
	elseif (self._cId ~= id) then
		self:_CacheItemData(id);
	end

local name = self._cName;
	if (trunc and name) then
		local l = string.len(name);
		if (l > trunc) then
			name = strsub(name, 1, trunc - 4) .. " ...";
		end
	end
	return name;		

end
Code:
function KC_ItemsClass:GetTextLink(id)
	if (self._cId ~= id) then
		self:_CacheItemData(id);	
	end	
	local color	= self:GetColorCode(id);
	local link	= self:GetHyperlink(id);
	local name	= self:GetName(id);

if (not	color or not link or not name) then
		return nil;
	end
	local textLink = color .. "|H" .. link	.. "|h[" ..	name.. "]|h|r";

return textLink;
end
there are the definitions for the two functions.

Both of them should be available through KC_Items class.

the db is still there as well.

Although if you don't mind me asking, what information are you looking for that you need to use db:get()?

If I need to provide an api to access that information I can.

10-07-05, 01:00 PM   #14
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Although if you don't mind me asking, what information are you looking for that you need to use db:get()?
Of course, you may even know a better solution.

I wrote the mod called "Compact Loot Frames" which is basically a loot roll frame replacement. As far as I know the roll frames never recieve anything that it usable through the link system, only a name and an RollID number which doesnt appear to be anything to do with the loot system (ie it seems to start as a small integer).

My mod has the ability to display the name of the loot either on the roll window or in the chat, if it is displayed in the chat and the user runs LootLink or KC_Items then instead of getting some coloured text you actually get the link, the thing is I must look up the items database by name only and KC_Items seems to be sorted by ID.

Unfortunately when you try to search the whole database (or search until you find the item) there seems to be a noticable stutter so instead I have gone through the KC_Items database in order to create a table which looks like name = id. This database is only loaded when the client enters the world though for the first time which means if new items are added to KC_Items they wont be in my database but if the user is running masterDB this should hopefully not matter too much. With this I can do a much faster hash table look up with the item name, get the id and feed that back into one of the other two functions i mentioned. I've also added an "accuracy" mode in my mod which will search the name = id database first and then search the main KC_Items one incase it misses the odd item, but this mode is not default as sometimes it would cause a stutter and would stutter lots if the user didnt have a large items database already.

I guess the other downfall is that the name = id table will take up a bit of memory. Perhaps there is a better way you can suggest of doing this? I had thought of faster ways of searching the KC_Items db such as a binary search but that of course will not work unless you had the list sorted, which takes time :P, I found it odd how the game made a noticable stutter though in searching the list, perhaps there was some other problem in my code i could not see.

Phew, man, you ask a simple question and i give you a book :P. Hope I've not obscured what I was trying to do.

Thanks if you have any suggestions that may help
10-11-05, 05:34 PM   #15
Amadar
A Murloc Raider
Will .93 have fixed for the 1.8 patch?

Just wondering, I LOVE your Items tool. You got a paypal link for donations??
10-11-05, 05:54 PM   #16
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
I don't ask for donations, but if you feel inclined to give them, here is a link.

http://www.kaelcycle.org/donation.htm

10-11-05, 06:38 PM   #17
Amadar
A Murloc Raider
Cool, Will .93 fix the WoW 1.8 patch issues?

I dropped ya a little. I like to support those that develope good tools I use. Will .93 fix the WoW 1.8 patch issues? As of now it does not download the current auctions anymore or suggest buyout prices when creating auctions. The scan button is completely gone.
10-12-05, 12:42 PM   #18
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Thanks much bro. First time anyone has actually donated or anything of the sort. Much appriciated.

10-12-05, 12:49 PM   #19
rimster
A Defias Bandit
Dibs on second then

Any update on .93 btw?
10-12-05, 01:23 PM   #20
Peis
A Fallenroot Satyr
I am getting anxious...

Man, KC, you must be doing some hardcore re-programming. B/c we've been waiting for a while for .93 to come out. >.< I hope it comes out soon b/c I'm getting really anxious for it to come out.

And do you think you will be updating the master database b/c of the new items that have just come out?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » KC_Items 0.93. Preview and release thread.