01-09-06, 12:52 PM   #1
l.i.t.e.
A Defias Bandit
Healing..Left Click target/Right me?

hello,

i was wondering...

i currently have a setup that has a floater that i use to cast healing spells on myself and use a dab bar for spells on others...

would it be possible to set up buttons that automatically cast the heal on me if i right click and cast on my current target if i left click? Doesnt matter if its a bar or floater.

thanks guys
01-10-06, 10:22 AM   #2
nipoez
A Defias Bandit
I asked a similar question and never got an answer, so I kept looking into it myself. From what I can figure out, it's possible to do with a floater (one of the floater advanced options is to do a different action on right or middle clicks):
1) Create two floaters (say actions 111 & 112)
2) Set both to the same healing spell
3) Set #112 to use you as the default target, forced, and hide #112
4) Set #111 to use action #112 on right-click
5) Position #111 however you like

That should set you up properly; you'll cast the spell on your target with a left-click, and cast it on yourself with a right-click (technically you could even set it up to use a different healing spell on you than on other targets, but that could be a bit confusing).

If you find a way to do something similar with a bar, please let me know
01-10-06, 11:48 AM   #3
Roane
A Theradrim Guardian
There should be a right-click bar option, the same as there is for a floater. I'm at work so don't have it in front of me to double check, but it was there for sure pre 3.0 and I don't know why Loz would have taken it out.

It's the same basic concept -- set up a bar (maybe a page with 3.0?) with buttons in the exact same positions. Set the bar to force target to yourself. Set the right click bar for your visible bar to be the self cast bar, which you'd want to hide.

All the options for this should be either on the bar's options or the advanced config options for the bar.

(Edit for formatting/readability.)

Last edited by Roane : 01-10-06 at 11:54 AM.
01-11-06, 01:11 AM   #4
l.i.t.e.
A Defias Bandit
hey guys,

thanks for the replies...

im still trying to figure it out lol

ill try your tips and get back to you ^^

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Healing..Left Click target/Right me?