01-24-11, 11:33 PM   #1
Matthew2009
A Fallenroot Satyr

All-In-One Bag Addon?

Hello, everyone!

I was just wondering what would be good to use for a bag management addon? I want one that's all-in-one but also easily customizable for sorting what items I want where.

Can anyone help me out here with some suggestions?
01-25-11, 12:34 AM   #2
Kendian
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I use Stuffing, is simple, elegant, and has a sorting option. Its available here on WoWI~
01-25-11, 02:00 AM   #3
Jigain
A Molten Giant

If you want sorting, your one-stop-shop is ArkInventory. It's a powerful bag addon that lets you create groups in your bags where you can sort by things like vendor trash, soulbound gear, non-soulbound gear, reagents, metals and stones, cloth, and with a bit of effort you can even create advanced filters (I created one for my Rogue which filters all items with the word "lockbox" or "strongbox" into a separate category). Try it, and I promise you'll never go back.

01-25-11, 06:06 AM   #4
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

personally I have used Tbag by Shefki since it was released!!!! I love it.... plus its pretty easy to reconfigure if something is not in the right place!

01-25-11, 06:47 AM   #5
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Baggins... you can even make Baggins match the Blizzard UI, and has an unbelievably customizable groups system as well. Comes with an all-in-one bank, and if you download Lib-Periodic Table separately and keep it updated to it's latest, all your bag addons will stay current with their built-in sorting.

Baggins for me. :-D
Update for LibPeriodicTables, get the latest one no matter what bag addon you use.

Last edited by Bornabe : 01-25-11 at 06:51 AM.
01-25-11, 09:30 AM   #6
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
I'm using Combuctor since it appeared here and I never looked back. It's the same thing as using a mac over a windows pc.
01-25-11, 12:03 PM   #7
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Sure, it may not be an 'all-in-one' solution, but I've been using Bagnon and Bankstack for all my inventory needs.

01-25-11, 01:11 PM   #8
isaacquotien
Premium Member
Premium Member
Tbag

tbag by sheftki since he started it! tried the other ones but always come back to tbag....easy and soooo nice!!

one of my 5 must haves!!
01-25-11, 03:46 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I've used ArkInventory and Combuctor, and am currently using AdiBags.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-25-11, 04:37 PM   #10
Matthew2009
A Fallenroot Satyr

To those that have used ArkInventory and Bagnon, I have tried both of those and found that they are mind-boggling. Can you guys tell me which one of the two is better and easier to use? And can you give me some help on how to get things sorted out?
01-25-11, 06:15 PM   #11
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I have used all of the above addons (except the last one Seerah mentioned), and if you want simple, but still organized, I'd go with Tbag. I'm not that big on all-in-one bags, personally, but I LOVE organization. I like the "virtual bags" that you can create with Baggins. It's the same concept as an all-in-one bag that gives you access to your entire inventory with the push of a single button, but it also comes with a minimap button (and/or a broker/fubar/titan plugin) that allows you to open up specified bags that you create as well.

I have my bags split into "Trophies", "TradeGoods", "Consumables", "Quest", "Gear", and "Other". Within those bags, I have it further broken down to organize the things I put into those bags (i.e.-my "TradeGoods" bag has sections for "Metal", "Leather", "Herbs", "Cloth", etc....). This lets me choose to open only the parts of my bag I need to deal with. If I'm out on a quest and have an item I need to use that isn't showing up as clickable in my quest tracker, I can open my "Quest" bag and leave it open while I'm doing that particular quest instead of having ONE GIGANTIC BAG taking up my entire screen so I can have access to one little item.

This ability, more than anything else, is what keeps me coming back to Baggins all the time. It's the same concept as ArkInventory and most other bags that let you split your inventory into sections/categories, but it gives you the option of and all-in-one bag, or as many "virtual" bags as you want/need.

The setup takes a little playing with and knowhow to learn (not as simple as Tbag, but IMO easier than ArkInventory), but once I got the hang of it, there was no looking back.

Here's a quick picture of what I'm talking about...the bags and bank of one of my latest alts:
01-25-11, 06:28 PM   #12
Rosoaa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I use AdiBags. I was amazed at how little configuration it needed once installed for the first time. Really gets the job done too when it comes to categorizing and sorting. I also use BagSync to go along with it. The only downside to AdiBags is that there is no "view your bank from anywhere" feature. Although, there are other addons that do this if it's a must have for you.
01-26-11, 08:05 AM   #13
Matthew2009
A Fallenroot Satyr

Ok, I have installed TBag. Not sure if I like yet or not but give me some time to play around with it.

UPDATE: I like it but not sure how to sort it like littlebuddha79 has it done in his picture. Anyone care to help me set that up?

Last edited by Matthew2009 : 01-26-11 at 08:20 AM.
01-26-11, 06:37 PM   #14
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

Mine is not Tbag...it's Baggins (my favorite). Baggins is a bit set-up intensive with a bit of a learning curve, so I suggested Tbag, since you wanted simple.
01-27-11, 07:57 AM   #15
Matthew2009
A Fallenroot Satyr

Ah, ok. Thanks.
02-07-11, 09:46 AM   #16
Amandula
A Kobold Labourer

Tbag looks amazing, thanks for the heads up ;D

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » All-In-One Bag Addon?