11-27-07, 08:09 AM   #21
dirtydozen12
A Fallenroot Satyr
nope, /mf does nothing for me anymore. And that other way didnt do the trick either

Originally Posted by Viroc
/mf reset...there may be some WTF saved variable that you have to delete as well...
and if you know what file these might be i havent tried this part

Last edited by dirtydozen12 : 11-27-07 at 10:20 AM.
11-27-07, 03:14 PM   #22
sorcerous
An Aku'mai Servant

Now i dont pretend to be an expert on the matter, because im not. So im sorry but i really dont know what to do in this case. i guess you will just have to try find out more about this problem with the forums. Sorry

Sorcerous
11-27-07, 04:44 PM   #23
dirtydozen12
A Fallenroot Satyr
ill keep checking up on here for a solution. ive searched many topics and the question has been asked a few times but nothing has been posted for a fix. thanks anyway
11-28-07, 05:18 PM   #24
Erage
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
What if you can't directly extract into your WoW Directory?
11-28-07, 10:18 PM   #25
sorcerous
An Aku'mai Servant

Why is it that you cannot extract the files? What OS are you running
11-28-07, 10:27 PM   #26
Noonway
A Murloc Raider
Can I assume that after doing all this that we should *not* use the WowAceUpdater?
11-28-07, 10:40 PM   #27
Erage
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by sorcerous
Why is it that you cannot extract the files? What OS are you running
OS? If I know what you mean, Vista
11-28-07, 10:44 PM   #28
dantep67
A Murloc Raider
Hopefully someone here has the answer to my problem. My problem is this, i dowloaded everything needed for the Mazzleui, I installed everything as was said, all the numbers match from the beginning of this post. I have tried a clean WoW install, i have tried just deleting certain files/folders etc, but every single time a log out mazzleui resets ( doesn't save ) and i have to redo it. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this to happen? Has it ever happened to anyone else? There are only so many mazzlegasms a person can take Please help me.....Thanks
11-29-07, 02:35 AM   #29
sorcerous
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Noonway
Can I assume that after doing all this that we should *not* use the WowAceUpdater?
No, there is no need to use WAU after doing this, at least i have found none.

Originally Posted by dantep67
Hopefully someone here has the answer to my problem. My problem is this, i dowloaded everything needed for the Mazzleui, I installed everything as was said, all the numbers match from the beginning of this post. I have tried a clean WoW install, i have tried just deleting certain files/folders etc, but every single time a log out mazzleui resets ( doesn't save ) and i have to redo it. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this to happen? Has it ever happened to anyone else? There are only so many mazzlegasms a person can take Please help me.....Thanks
Odd...so you are absolutely SURE that you followed the instructions to the letter, of this thread? Well if that is so then I am afraid i cannot help you. I believe this is a job for the people who actually know (or at least seem to O.o) about addons, unlike me. Such people i have encountered on these forums are: the pink headed gnome aka Mazzlefizz, Ganders and of course DeTard.

Originally Posted by Erage
OS? If I know what you mean, Vista
Im really sorry but im not terribly familiar with vista so i suggest that you too ask one of the more intelligent people.

A dismal day for my thread /cry
11-29-07, 07:37 AM   #30
Noonway
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Erage
What if you can't directly extract into your WoW Directory?
I am running Vista... I extracted to a temp directory and then just copied the files over to my WoW directory. Go take a look at the directory structure in the WoW directory (usually c:\Program Files\World of Warcraft) and then you should be able to figure out where to place the folders.
11-29-07, 07:39 AM   #31
Noonway
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by sorcerous
No, there is no need to use WAU after doing this, at least i have found none.
Ok, well what I meant was that these mods are constantly being updated by people to make them better, more stable, or even to add more features.

I'll play around with the mods and see what happens if I start using WAU again. In my past experience it has pretty much broken things so that's why I asked to see if anyone had tried it after installing these patches.

Thanks for the help... It put all the patches in an easy to find spot.
11-29-07, 12:49 PM   #32
ccranford
A Kobold Labourer

In the past, it was suggested to use SimpleActionSets to export your button data prior to installing MazzleUI so that in the event you wanted to restore them back after you removed Mazzle, you could easily do that.

Is this still a requirement if you want to revert back to your old WoW Interface\* and WTF\* directories ?
11-29-07, 01:14 PM   #33
Quagnome
An Aku'mai Servant
One little problem

sorcerous,

Thank you for outlining the correct steps for installing this worderful ui correctly.

I am left with 1 little problem. I play a 68 warlock, and my upper level spells are not on my action bar after remazzifying (namely Unstable Affliction).

Please note that I also downloaded BC Spells to my wow folder. It's not that big of a deal because I used spellbinder to bind it to a hotkey, but I would still like to know how to get it on there.

Thank you in advance (and thanks to everyone that updated the ui)
11-29-07, 01:23 PM   #34
dirtydozen12
A Fallenroot Satyr
"/bongos menu" will bring up the bongos menu and you will be able to choose the correct settings to show your action bars. You can make more spell slots if you need to. Then just go to your spell book and drag them down
11-29-07, 01:27 PM   #35
Quagnome
An Aku'mai Servant
I'm just saying that mazzleUI used to do that auromaticly for me...I just don't wanna mess with bongos, when I've done that in the past, I've lost all of my hotkey settings.

I used to get a new spell, and mazzleUI would create a button for it and asign it a hotkey
11-29-07, 02:48 PM   #36
Noonway
A Murloc Raider
I have the exact same dilemma with losing Unstable Affliction.

However, I took it a step further and even tried to create a new button using bongos to bind it to. However... And maybe its because maybe I don't know how to use Bongos correctly, but when I try to drag and drop that spell from my spellbook to the button it does nothing.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a spell on to that button. Nothing is locked according to the bongos menu... So, is there an easy explanation as to how to get that spell over to that button?

Until I can get this figured out it looks like I may have to use spellbinder too.. Thanks for that suggestion at least... Now I can continue to play until us Affliction Locks get taken care of by the MazzleUI config.
11-29-07, 05:00 PM   #37
dirtydozen12
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Noonway
I have the exact same dilemma with losing Unstable Affliction.

However, I took it a step further and even tried to create a new button using bongos to bind it to. However... And maybe its because maybe I don't know how to use Bongos correctly, but when I try to drag and drop that spell from my spellbook to the button it does nothing.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a spell on to that button. Nothing is locked according to the bongos menu... So, is there an easy explanation as to how to get that spell over to that button?

Until I can get this figured out it looks like I may have to use spellbinder too.. Thanks for that suggestion at least... Now I can continue to play until us Affliction Locks get taken care of by the MazzleUI config.
aw well i will be getting unstable affliction hopefully by tonight. hope i dont have that problem, but i can drag and drop and i accualy set up my own buttons with bongos2. I normally dont show the empty buttons btw

11-30-07, 01:01 PM   #38
Stekker
A Murloc Raider

Can somebody pls help me, I haved to reinstall WoW and now i wanna setup AGAIN Mazzle but it doesnt work :S. WoW is no fun anymore . Please help me, i would really approciate it. I've posted my problem here http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=13809
if you have time, could you please help me?

Thanks in advance!

Sam Ecker
Stekker
11-30-07, 06:28 PM   #39
Noonway
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by dirtydozen12
aw well i will be getting unstable affliction hopefully by tonight. hope i dont have that problem, but i can drag and drop and i accualy set up my own buttons with bongos2. I normally dont show the empty buttons btw
Thanks for the screenie... Going to try again tonight.

Edit: Ok! I was able to get it.. My problem was that I needed to lock the bar positions first before dragging and dropping the talent over to it. I now have UA set up perfectly.

Now the next step is attempting to use WAU again without breaking everything.

Last edited by Noonway : 11-30-07 at 06:42 PM.
11-30-07, 10:00 PM   #40
sorcerous
An Aku'mai Servant

Hey Stekker.
My screen used to look exactly the same as yours when i Mazzified but honestly all you have to do is follow the instructions at the beginning of this thread and i assure you that you will have a fully working MazzleUI.
Trust me it really does work.

Hope this helps.

Sorcerous

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help for ALL of your mazzle needs!