01-05-15, 08:45 AM   #1
Druidicbeast
A Fallenroot Satyr
Custom lua Health Text

Looking to see if someone can help me setup a custom health tag in lua. I'm pretty sure it's possible, but haven't been able to find anything through Google that has worked so far. In short it's just percent health, with a few modifications. I only want it to show when less than 100% and if possible change on a gradient. I think there is a way to define different colors through rgb at different percents. Thanks for any help!
01-05-15, 10:10 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Can you be more specific about what you mean when you say "a custom health tag in lua" ? Are you looking for a snippet you can plug into an addon like PitBull or WeakAuras? If so, which addon? Are you looking for code you can use as a standalone addon? If so, what exactly do you want to show? Just text? A bar? Text and a bar? Flying nyan cats?
01-05-15, 10:19 AM   #3
Druidicbeast
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Can you be more specific about what you mean when you say "a custom health tag in lua" ? Are you looking for a snippet you can plug into an addon like PitBull or WeakAuras? If so, which addon? Are you looking for code you can use as a standalone addon? If so, what exactly do you want to show? Just text? A bar? Text and a bar? Flying nyan cats?
Sorry, I should have mentioned these things. I'm currently using Shadowed Unit Frames. It has a create your own "Tag" section and I wanted to add this to that. Hopefully though, being that it's lua, it will be at somewhat universal? I ask in the event that I do decide to switch to StUF, it appears to have a similar feature. I'm not using that now, but I hope that I could take the snippit with me.

As far as what I'm looking to have shown, yeah just text, so ie. 100%, or rather 99% since I would prefer that the text hides it's self at 100%.
01-05-15, 12:15 PM   #4
Synchrony
An Aku'mai Servant
FWIW, Stuf unitframes will let you do both of the things you want very easily. I have mine set up to do both of the things you mentioned. As far as I'm concerned, Stuf is one of the most (if not the most) customizable unitframe addons.
01-05-15, 12:23 PM   #5
Druidicbeast
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Synchrony View Post
FWIW, Stuf unitframes will let you do both of the things you want very easily. I have mine set up to do both of the things you mentioned. As far as I'm concerned, Stuf is one of the most (if not the most) customizable unitframe addons.
Maybe I just need to switch and make this easier. I was trying to avoid it as I seem to get overwhelmed with setting up new unit frames. Though, maybe I just need to sit down and take the time to switch to those, at the very least, try them out.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Custom lua Health Text