06-13-07, 09:50 AM   #1
bsm0f0
A Murloc Raider

BindOnUse() function??

I recently bought a non-combat for whatever reason. When I tried to use the pet the first time, it's a "Binds when used" item, it killed my UI.

The message I recieved was something to the effect of "_____ addon is trying to use the Blizzard 'BindOnUse()' function. If you wish to disable this addon, click disable, otherwise continue." The addon(s) in question causing the problem seem to be FuBar and Cartographer.

Has anyone else seen this or have any idea what might be going on? I disabled all of my addons, activated the item, then reactivated all my addons to bypass the problem. I've looked on official forums, google, wowinterface, WOWUI, etc ... cant seem to find anything on the BindOnUse() function.

Thanks
06-13-07, 11:14 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Eh, it's WoW being stupid, I think. If you disable the one it's blaming, it would probably blame it on something else, and then something else, etc - probably ultimately having the problem lie in a library that does nothing with BindOnUse(). Update all of your addons from wowace or with WAU to ensure you have the current versions and their libraries.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-13-07, 11:34 AM   #3
bsm0f0
A Murloc Raider

Hey Seerah,

First thing I did was update thinking that maybe someone uploaded a funky file via Ace (I update daily). Still no luck.

I guess I'll have to take the time to load each addon individually and get rid of the trouble maker =(

Thanks for the help.

Edit - I'm gonna be buying a lot of pets =/
06-13-07, 12:29 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
hehe Go where you have faction discount. Crazy Cat Lady outside of SW, bunnies from the ram farm near IF, owl vendor in Darn, and moth vendor in Exodar if you are alliance. Horde I'm not too familiar with.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-18-07, 12:22 PM   #5
bsm0f0
A Murloc Raider

for anyone that is interested, my problem was caused by SpamMeNot. Removed the addon and can now use Bind on Use items without a problem.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » BindOnUse() function??