04-01-08, 03:23 PM   #241
griffin224
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Aethenelle View Post
On the chatwindow and combat log thing.... I found a replacement for SCL called Combat Filter it's an Ace mod. I'd thought i mentioned it but I guess not... It'll have to be hand configured for now and the filters don't work quite as well (or I haven't figured them out) as SCL's but it'll pipe it's filter data to any chat window you want (read windows 6 and 7).

Also, though it may no longer be needed, grab ChatSettingsFix from here on wowint. It'll fix those stupid chat settings not being kept issues. (might not be needed in 2.4.1)

I'll edit the OP to include this info.
Aethenelle, according to todays patch notes the settings have been fixed, but who knows.
04-01-08, 04:47 PM   #242
Thoragh
A Cliff Giant
Tried to use custom mode to replace chat window 6 and 7 and I get this:

Code:
[2008/04/01 18:38:55-380-x3]: MazzleUI-1.1\MazzleUI_Frames_Placed.lua:55: attempt to call method 'IsActive' (a nil value)

---
EDIT - Saw Line 55 was referencing Witchhunt in the LUA. Disabled it and it Mazzified.

Last edited by Thoragh : 04-01-08 at 05:09 PM.
04-01-08, 05:31 PM   #243
unbeliev3r
A Murloc Raider
Bongos error

I have just this error after mazzifying now:

BugSack: List of errors:
BugSack: 1. [2008/04/01 13:56:58-11-x5]: Bongos_ActionBar\keyBound.lua:251: IsPassiveSpell(): Invalid spell slot
Bongos_ActionBar\keyBound.lua:251: in function <Interface\AddOns\Bongos_ActionBar\keyBound.lua:250>
<in C code>: in function `UpdateTooltip'

It happens on initial opening of my spellbook, and repeats on mouseover of any passive skill
04-01-08, 06:42 PM   #244
Denwop
A Murloc Raider

Hey griffin, I still get all 14 errors when I try to open Mazzifier. I did get to Mazzify on 2 toons before these errors... and it worked perfect...
04-01-08, 07:36 PM   #245
heavens-reject
A Fallenroot Satyr
So for the past week since the new patch has come out, Mazzle was workin' just fine for me. Yet today when that small patch finally downloaded for me to fix minor bugs, it got all screwy so I came here.

I've read through every post and did almost everything that's been said on here to do.

I've downloaded Omen and Ace3, switched off Witch Hunter (for some insane reason I can't delete that line under the Preloader or w/e), disabled the SCT stuff, changed the SetCVar things, and downloaded the new Lightheaded.

Now when I try to type '/mazzify' I come with the automated '/help' message. Not entirely sure if anything was posted on how to fix this problem but if so, I can't seem to find it now.

It'd be greatly appreciated for some help.

Thanks!

EDIT:

Okay, so I'm just having trouble configuring Mazzle with a new character. So, on my other characters, Mazzle still works just fine as far as I could tell.

Another note, I'm able to get the '/mazzify' to work. Don't know how I did it, but I've been playing around with the AddOns selection screen just before you enter the world/realm. I'll change up the Adds and then after I log off and check the Adds again, they're pretty much the same as they were when I first checked 'em. So not sure what's goin' on.

Lastly...Thanks a bunch to every person that is workin' very hard to keep Mazzle workin' for each patch!

Last edited by heavens-reject : 04-01-08 at 08:08 PM.
04-01-08, 09:34 PM   #246
griffin224
Premium Member

Denwop, I will see if I can figure out what is up in the AM, got to get some sleep, got 2 kids to get on bus for school and a job interview to go to.

Originally Posted by heavens-reject View Post
So for the past week since the new patch has come out, Mazzle was workin' just fine for me. Yet today when that small patch finally downloaded for me to fix minor bugs, it got all screwy so I came here.

I've read through every post and did almost everything that's been said on here to do.

I've downloaded Omen and Ace3, switched off Witch Hunter (for some insane reason I can't delete that line under the Preloader or w/e), disabled the SCT stuff, changed the SetCVar things, and downloaded the new Lightheaded.

Now when I try to type '/mazzify' I come with the automated '/help' message. Not entirely sure if anything was posted on how to fix this problem but if so, I can't seem to find it now.

Thanks!

EDIT:

Okay, so I'm just having trouble configuring Mazzle with a new character. So, on my other characters, Mazzle still works just fine as far as I could tell.

Another note, I'm able to get the '/mazzify' to work. Don't know how I did it, but I've been playing around with the AddOns selection screen just before you enter the world/realm. I'll change up the Adds and then after I log off and check the Adds again, they're pretty much the same as they were when I first checked 'em. So not sure what's goin' on.

Lastly...Thanks a bunch to every person that is workin' very hard to keep Mazzle workin' for each patch!
Did you update ALL your addons with WAU or WowMatrix? If so disable AMP and AMPFu, they totally hosed my setup when I left them enabled. I will try to hunt down the specific error/problem with it and see what the fix is. Later all!

04-01-08, 09:37 PM   #247
griffin224
Premium Member

Originally Posted by unbeliev3r View Post

BugSack: 1. [2008/04/01 13:56:58-11-x5]: Bongos_ActionBar\keyBound.lua:251: IsPassiveSpell(): Invalid spell slot
Bongos_ActionBar\keyBound.lua:251: in function <Interface\AddOns\Bongos_ActionBar\keyBound.lua:250>

It happens on initial opening of my spellbook, and repeats on mouseover of any passive skill
Unbeliev3r, totally delete your Bongos folders in the addon directory (there are 5 or so) and re-install it. I had the same problems on upgrading bongos, a wipe of the folder cleaned them up.

Note: As long as you leave the files in the WTF folder alone your button configs will still be there.
04-01-08, 11:37 PM   #248
unbeliev3r
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by griffin224 View Post
Unbeliev3r, totally delete your Bongos folders in the addon directory (there are 5 or so) and re-install it. I had the same problems on upgrading bongos, a wipe of the folder cleaned them up.

Note: As long as you leave the files in the WTF folder alone your button configs will still be there.
Ok, I tried this, but the error persisted. However, it is a complete non-issue, as I'll probably never open my spellbook again once everything is set. Thanks for the suggestion though, Griffin224.
04-02-08, 02:32 AM   #249
sethgecko
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Aethenelle View Post

A start is to remove the preloader function stuff for now in the same manner as the WitchHunt temp fix in th OP. Lemme know how it works ad I'll look into fixing/replacing the preloader.
Thanks for all your effort Aethnelle.
I updated Antagonist to the most current version yesterday (as every day since 2.4) and suddenly the bars seem to be back. I still have to check if everything is as before, it seems some bars are displayed twice (better then no display at all ). I will report back here...
04-02-08, 04:21 AM   #250
LBussy
Legend in my own mind

Premium Member
Well at one point I was sporting a green bugsack but now I've got some consistent errors:

Code:
[2008/04/02 05:09:33-638-x1]: Prat\Prat.lua:561: Cannot find a library instance of LibSharedMedia-3.0.
Ace2\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:490: in function `PRAT_LIBRARY'
Prat\Prat.lua:561: in main chunk

---

[2008/04/02 05:09:50-638-x1]: Talented\chat.lua:70: attempt to call method 'RequestModuleName' (a nil value)

---

[2008/04/02 05:09:59-638-x1]: Prat_FuBar-3.0.52967\PratFu.lua:195: attempt to call method 'RequestModuleName' (a nil value)
<in C code>: ?
<in C code>: in function `pcall'
FuBar-60201\FuBar.lua:829: in function <Interface\AddOns\FuBar\FuBar.lua:824>
FuBar-60201\FuBar.lua:957: in function `LoadPlugin'
FuBar-60201\FuBar.lua:1093: in function `object_method'
LibRockTimer-1.0-1118 (LibRockTimer-1.0):289: in function <...terface\AddOns\LibRockTimer-1.0\LibRockTimer-1.0.lua:227>

---

[2008/04/02 05:10:00-638-x1]: MazzleUI-1.1\MazzleUI_Frames_Login.lua:186: attempt to index global 'ChatFrame5ScrollDownReminderFlash' (a nil value)

---
I did make sure that I actually have LibSharedMedia-3.0 (had to add it) but that did not change the Prat errors.

Also, after making the change to the preloader (suggested by Aethenelle) to use the new LibBanzai-2.0 I no longer get the red coloring when I have aggro, sort of important when tanking.

Lastly, the buttons that do Warlock-ish things that used to be above autobar are now arranged in a semi-circle around where the map is on a stock UI. I suppose that may be related to a loading failure on one of the other add-ons.
04-02-08, 05:09 AM   #251
griffin224
Premium Member

Originally Posted by LBussy View Post
Well at one point I was sporting a green bugsack but now I've got some consistent errors:

Code:
[2008/04/02 05:09:33-638-x1]: Prat\Prat.lua:561: Cannot find a library instance of LibSharedMedia-3.0.

---

[2008/04/02 05:09:50-638-x1]: Talented\chat.lua:70: attempt to call method 'RequestModuleName' (a nil value)

---

[2008/04/02 05:09:59-638-x1]: Prat_FuBar-3.0.52967\PratFu.lua:195: attempt to call method 'RequestModuleName' (a nil value)
LibRockTimer-1.0-1118 (LibRockTimer-1.0):289: in function <...terface\AddOns\LibRockTimer-1.0\LibRockTimer-1.0.lua:227>

---

[2008/04/02 05:10:00-638-x1]: MazzleUI-1.1\MazzleUI_Frames_Login.lua:186: attempt to index global 'ChatFrame5ScrollDownReminderFlash' (a nil value)

---
I did make sure that I actually have LibSharedMedia-3.0 (had to add it) but that did not change the Prat errors.

Also, after making the change to the preloader (suggested by Aethenelle) to use the new LibBanzai-2.0 I no longer get the red coloring when I have aggro, sort of important when tanking.

Lastly, the buttons that do Warlock-ish things that used to be above autobar are now arranged in a semi-circle around where the map is on a stock UI. I suppose that may be related to a loading failure on one of the other add-ons.
Did you install sharedmedia as a seperate library or as an update to Ace2? If you installed it as a seperate library you will need to update the pathing reference in "Prat.lua". The second error I see there looks like a fubar error that has to do with Prat. I would try updating that library as well, or possibly update Prat to its newest version and see if those errors disappear.
04-02-08, 05:17 AM   #252
LBussy
Legend in my own mind

Premium Member
Did you install sharedmedia as a seperate library or as an update to Ace2?
Can you elaborate on that please? I was unaware I could update it ay other way.

The second error I see there looks like a fubar error that has to do with Prat. I would try updating that library as well, or possibly update Prat to its newest version and see if those errors disappear.
Everything else is up to date.
04-02-08, 07:37 AM   #253
curricurritribe
A Defias Bandit
ok i dont know if you guys posted this already or not, but my unit frames on my mazzle are all out of wack. my portrait is at the top right again and its red. when i highlight someone it used to show on the bottom right,but now it shows at the top, which isnt as bad (lol) but i still want it fixed. i updated all of my addons such as bongos2, and my bongos presets were reset, and i have no clue what goes where on my alts. i tried re-downloading mazzle because it was working better before i did anything, and that kinda put me where i am now. im kind of a noob and the whole posting images and such because that would make it easier, but i hope my descriptions helped, and i hope someone out there can help me! thank you very much
04-02-08, 08:16 AM   #254
griffin224
Premium Member

Originally Posted by curricurritribe View Post
ok i dont know if you guys posted this already or not, but my unit frames on my mazzle are all out of wack. my portrait is at the top right again and its red. when i highlight someone it used to show on the bottom right,but now it shows at the top, which isnt as bad (lol) but i still want it fixed. i updated all of my addons such as bongos2, and my bongos presets were reset, and i have no clue what goes where on my alts. i tried re-downloading mazzle because it was working better before i did anything, and that kinda put me where i am now. im kind of a noob and the whole posting images and such because that would make it easier, but i hope my descriptions helped, and i hope someone out there can help me! thank you very much
Sounds like your DUF settings got borked on the old one. Set up the "old" mazzle according to the download locations, then let us know what messed up, I am sure we can get ya hooked up.

04-02-08, 09:40 AM   #255
LBussy
Legend in my own mind

Premium Member
Did you install sharedmedia as a seperate library or as an update to Ace2? If you installed it as a seperate library you will need to update the pathing reference in "Prat.lua". The second error I see there looks like a fubar error that has to do with Prat. I would try updating that library as well, or possibly update Prat to its newest version and see if those errors disappear.
Updating Prat (had the current version already) WITH externals fixed this issue. I still have the issue where the lower panel does not turn red when I have aggro - I'm reasonably certain this came from changing to LibBanzai. I'll try to revert here soon and see if I can nail it down.
04-02-08, 09:44 AM   #256
heavens-reject
A Fallenroot Satyr
Did you update ALL your addons with WAU or WowMatrix? If so disable AMP and AMPFu, they totally hosed my setup when I left them enabled. I will try to hunt down the specific error/problem with it and see what the fix is. Later all!
I believe I used WAU, though not sure. To disable AMP and AMPFu, are they one of the selections in the AddOns screen? If so, I'll see what it does as soon as I get home from work. Thanks!
04-02-08, 09:59 AM   #257
LBussy
Legend in my own mind

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Gemminie View Post
This was exactly the case for me. What has happened is, they've changed the name of BanzaiLib to LibBanzai-2.0. You can use the old version as MaybeHoP says above, or you can go into AddOns\MazzleUI\MazzleUI.toc and change "BanzaiLib" to "LibBanzai-2.0" in the "## Dependencies:" line. I just did that, and the "Dependency Missing" errors went away. Now we'll see if it actually works, which is another matter entirely ...

Well it does seem to have worked. This is good.
Okay a few days ago I followed this suggestion because I was getting an error similar to what these folks were (although I forget what the hell they were now, maybe Omen?). Errors went away and everything was fine except last night I was MTing and could not tell if I had aggro - the bottom "panel" that used to go red when I had aggro was no longer changing color. I'm not sure of the add-on that does this but I do remember it working before this change.

Because I think I needed the newer "LibBanzai-2.0" for something else I did not want to change back so I re-added "BanzaiLib" into the dependencies (leaving the newer "LibBanzai-2.0" as well) in AddOns\MazzleUI\MazzleUI.toc and tested - red panel again for me (and no errors).

Now I know the lib was supposed to have changed to the new name but it appears that the older one is being updated as well. Not really sure what's up there but at least for my used I've found that I need both of them.

Hopefully this means something to someone because my head hurts today and I'm not feeling like digging anymore - I'm just happy things seem to be working for me so far.
04-02-08, 10:03 AM   #258
Nibz
A Murloc Raider
I cant mazzify anymore...

After patch all seemed fine, just loaded out of date addons and upgraded the ones I needed. But then I accidently changed something because I was making UI for an alt... I got round buttons which I hate cant see ****

But the mazzifier doesnt pop the second button so I am stuck.
So I tried fresh install, again no second button on mazzifier
04-02-08, 10:49 AM   #259
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by unbeliev3r View Post

Interesting... Assuming you've done a proper mazzleUI base install... I'll look into it but it's kinda low priority since I'm working on setting up Bongos3

Originally Posted by heavens-reject View Post

Thanks!

EDIT:

Sounds like you're missing dependencies for the mazzifier... Which is odd since my copy only lists MazzleUI as it's dependency... Check the dependencies for MazzleUI... Mine's still listed as BanzaiLib (i never changed it) and works fine.

Code:

---

---

---

---

My preloader suggestions only removed things... they didn't change dependencies...

I had some library issues at one point so I updated with externals for a while which cleared them. Since, I've switched back to no externals and haven't had a problem.

Also, I could have sworn WAU handled dependencies automagically. Can someone confirm this? I know JWoWUpdater does.

I guess when I release a new addon pack I'll have ot update dependencies and stuff...

Minimap thingy issue... Sounds like you have a minimap mod installed with your Mazzle install. Bongos_Minimap perhaps? I ran across this problem trying to figure out setting up Bongos3. Doesn't exactly matter which one, as any that allow you to move the minimap around wil probaly cause this problem in MazzleUI due to the way MazzleUI moves and places the minimap.

For the other errors... Update Early, Update Often! Or, at least update before you log into WoW.

Can you elaborate on that please? I was unaware I could update it ay other way.

Everything else is up to date.
Actually, if the library is installed at all, the dependency will work properly. There may be a version conflict if you have another copy as an embed of another addon that is loading first though. That's why we update without embeds.

Originally Posted by curricurritribe View Post
Bongos2 will *not* bring forward settings from Bongos1 and will not be setup by the mazzifier.

I'm currently working on updating MazzleUI to use Bongos3 (still in beta) but that's been put on hold while the bugs introduced in 2.4 are sorted out.

Okay a few days ago I followed this suggestion because I was getting an error similar to what these folks were (although I forget what the hell they were now, maybe Omen?). Errors went away and everything was fine except last night I was MTing and could not tell if I had aggro - the bottom "panel" that used to go red when I had aggro was no longer changing color. I'm not sure of the add-on that does this but I do remember it working before this change.

Because I think I needed the newer "LibBanzai-2.0" for something else I did not want to change back so I re-added "BanzaiLib" into the dependencies (leaving the newer "LibBanzai-2.0" as well) in AddOns\MazzleUI\MazzleUI.toc and tested - red panel again for me (and no errors).

Now I know the lib was supposed to have changed to the new name but it appears that the older one is being updated as well. Not really sure what's up there but at least for my used I've found that I need both of them.

Hopefully this means something to someone because my head hurts today and I'm not feeling like digging anymore - I'm just happy things seem to be working for me so far.
Yes, both are needed for the time being...

Originally Posted by Nibz View Post
I cant mazzify anymore...

After patch all seemed fine, just loaded out of date addons and upgraded the ones I needed. But then I accidently changed something because I was making UI for an alt... I got round buttons which I hate cant see ****

But the mazzifier doesnt pop the second button so I am stuck.
So I tried fresh install, again no second button on mazzifier
During what step is the mazzifier failing (look in the chat window)? Have you made the changes in the OP? Mazzification will fail and there will be many errors without some of those changes.
04-02-08, 11:00 AM   #260
DanielCoffey
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I know several of us have got the following error when mazzifying a new character under 2.4...

[2008/04/01 19:31:21-87-x1406]: DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Element.lua:524: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
<string>:"*:OnUpdate":1: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>

And although un-ticking DUF allows the rest of the mazzification to complete, you still have to re-mazzify with just DUF and you still get the error.

I think I may have managed to narrow down where the error is happening... the *only* button not correctly moved by DUF is the SmartBuff icon. On my level 1 Hunter it appears half-chopped off on the top of the screen under the FuBar bar. I don't know if it is failing on this one icon or on the step before?

Now... is this a problem with DUF, or is it due to the way MazzleUI calls DUF? I haven't done any digging around yet to see how DUF is told to move things.

In the meantime I'll try moving FuBar and seeing if I can drag the icon down, but I suspect it may hop back up there each time I re-mazzify each two levels to update button bars.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.4 bugfix thread