03-26-08, 07:50 PM   #81
Mellowed
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
okay, well i appreciate your reply Aeth, good luck to all who is working on the new mazzle!!!! many many thanks!!!
03-26-08, 08:41 PM   #82
Obe
A Defias Bandit
I'm still getting Recap/Witch Hunter and (i forget) errors in bugsack. Not sure what they mean... I'll try to find out...

Also - very much offtopic, but since you're reading this - my mail page has gone half-offscreen on one of my chars, but not the others. I have no idea why/how it / I moved it... but I can't drag it back with any combination of left/right click ctrl/shift/alt etc. as far as I can tell....

And deleting certain files relating to this character (or folders with its name) didn't fix it either.

Any idea what it is?
03-26-08, 09:47 PM   #83
Shinzen
A Murloc Raider
Trying to install and I'm getting:

DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Element.lua:524: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
<string>:"*:OnUpdate":1: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>

And Mazzify freezes.

Help?
03-26-08, 10:23 PM   #84
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Sitey View Post
Dr. Damage isn't showing numbers on my bongos actionbars. I've tried deleting the WTF files for it, and redownloading it. I can't get them to show.
I'm not seeing any errors on my version of bongos/mazzle. What version of bongos do you have and have you run jwowupdater recently (today)?

Originally Posted by Obe View Post
I'm still getting Recap/Witch Hunter and (i forget) errors in bugsack. Not sure what they mean... I'll try to find out...

Also - very much offtopic, but since you're reading this - my mail page has gone half-offscreen on one of my chars, but not the others. I have no idea why/how it / I moved it... but I can't drag it back with any combination of left/right click ctrl/shift/alt etc. as far as I can tell....

And deleting certain files relating to this character (or folders with its name) didn't fix it either.

Any idea what it is?
I updated the OP of this thread w/ some info about the witchhunter problems.

Short Answer: disable WitchHunt *or* comment out a line (23 iirc) in !!Mazzle_Preloader/Mazzle_Preloader.toc

Originally Posted by Shinzen View Post
Trying to install and I'm getting:

DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Element.lua:524: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
<string>:"*:OnUpdate":1: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>

And Mazzify freezes.

Help?
That smells like one of the older errors from 2.3 or 2.2... Did you follow DeTard's install instructions from his patches or just a base install from the main mazzle download area?
03-26-08, 10:27 PM   #85
onefastkawi
A Murloc Raider
Yeah I was tired last night so the errors weren't makign 100% sense to me. But thanks for the responses on mine, i'll keep my eyes out for updated versions (if they show) of the mods.
03-26-08, 11:36 PM   #86
Rollered
A Murloc Raider
Actually I think both witchhunt and recap are causing tons of errors. I disabled them both until fixes arrive.
03-27-08, 12:29 AM   #87
dropper
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Rollered View Post
Actually I think both witchhunt and recap are causing tons of errors. I disabled them both until fixes arrive.
A quick fix for Witchhunt errors is to change the output from the Witchhunt frame to something else, like SCT or Default. It appears that the WH frame is broken.

Funny thing is, all of the stuff that is getting displayed by WH is also appearing in SCT messages (different colors, though), so I am getting the data displayed twice (once in from wherever I set WH to and the other in SCT). It doesn't appear the WH is doing it.

Keith
03-27-08, 01:56 AM   #88
sethgecko
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Does anyone have problems with antagonist?
I played arena yesterday and could not see the remaining time for that damn shield had on this pala . I updated it but the bars are not showing up.
03-27-08, 02:08 AM   #89
Sitey
A Murloc Raider
When trying to run JwowUpdater, I get an error

Could not fine main class. Program will exit.
Also, I think I'm using Bongos (not 2 or 3). I actually deleted the WTF files for DrDamage and not Bongos. I'd check to see if DrDamage works without bongos, but the servers are currently down.

/edit- Just made a new character. Confirmed that it IS Bongos. The bongos settings I use is before the Detard setting however... I didn't want to redo my buttons (it's really complicated with stances). Is it possible to just take bongos out and but in something like bartender?

Last edited by Sitey : 03-27-08 at 02:19 AM.
03-27-08, 02:21 AM   #90
Shinzen
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Aethenelle View Post
That smells like one of the older errors from 2.3 or 2.2... Did you follow DeTard's install instructions from his patches or just a base install from the main mazzle download area?
I did DeTard's thing, 1.11 Core > Addon's patch > 2.3 fix. Then did the .lua fixes prescribed here. I just redid everything and it seems to work now, not sure what I did differently.

Now to see if i can get Omen to work...
03-27-08, 02:32 AM   #91
otelma
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
hey guys - two questions:
1. cannot seem to be able to change settings i initially chose when mazzifying the UI (everything is greyed out) - any ways of changing it?
2. any possibility of setting up a 'comprehensive' download? has it got something to do with mazzle not willing to 'change' its MARVELLOS UI compilation? I have at least 10 takers in my guild - but none of them is actually literate at all with pcs and so getting through the very long steps of configuring everything etc seems like a gargantuan task for them (and for me as main sponsor...)

my settings are iMac 24'' and WoW 2.4 (obioviusly...)

Keep up the EXCELLENT work - you're really the best (not saying this to anybody, so trust me I really mean it when i say it).
03-27-08, 02:51 AM   #92
jrb
A Murloc Raider
Lightbulb

sorry if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but lightheaded, (the quest log addon that shows per-quest comments from wowhead) is kinda screwy in 2.4. Whilst it appears to work a lot of the locations for npcs show the wrong (as in totally wrong) locations on the map.

get the new version from http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ghtHeaded.html - and read the part about upgrading, as a lot has changed in the 2.4 version.

oh.. p.s., i'm new to the forum. so, hi.
03-27-08, 09:19 AM   #93
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by dropper View Post
A quick fix for Witchhunt errors is to change the output from the Witchhunt frame to something else, like SCT or Default. It appears that the WH frame is broken.

Funny thing is, all of the stuff that is getting displayed by WH is also appearing in SCT messages (different colors, though), so I am getting the data displayed twice (once in from wherever I set WH to and the other in SCT). It doesn't appear the WH is doing it.

Keith
Yes the WitchHunt frame is broken by the MazzleUI_Preloader. Which, added some functionality mazzle wanted. Killing the errors is a matter of preventing that part of the preloader from loading (removing the line form the .toc). See updated OP for instructions.

Originally Posted by sethgecko View Post
Does anyone have problems with antagonist?
I played arena yesterday and could not see the remaining time for that damn shield had on this pala . I updated it but the bars are not showing up.
I don't think anyone else has mentioned problems, make sure you update the Ace mods frequently as they are pumping out fixes and updates like crazy. I'll try to make sure i get into something to get antagonist tested today.

Originally Posted by Sitey View Post
When trying to run JwowUpdater, I get an error

Also, I think I'm using Bongos (not 2 or 3). I actually deleted the WTF files for DrDamage and not Bongos. I'd check to see if DrDamage works without bongos, but the servers are currently down.

/edit- Just made a new character. Confirmed that it IS Bongos. The bongos settings I use is before the Detard setting however... I didn't want to redo my buttons (it's really complicated with stances). Is it possible to just take bongos out and but in something like bartender?
First, JWoWUpdater.... All addon sites are practically downright now as all addon authors are scrambling to fix bugs and post updates to their users and addon users are trying to update every mod they have three times a day to see if they're fixed yet. Patience is all you can have...

Second, Bongos/DrDamage... huh.. That's odd I checked on my SP iast night and Dr Damage was working fine with Bongos1. Have you mazzified since 2.4?

Yes, any bar mod will work with MazzleUI it just won't be configured by it.

Originally Posted by otelma View Post
hey guys - two questions:
1. cannot seem to be able to change settings i initially chose when mazzifying the UI (everything is greyed out) - any ways of changing it?
2. any possibility of setting up a 'comprehensive' download? has it got something to do with mazzle not willing to 'change' its MARVELLOS UI compilation? I have at least 10 takers in my guild - but none of them is actually literate at all with pcs and so getting through the very long steps of configuring everything etc seems like a gargantuan task for them (and for me as main sponsor...)

my settings are iMac 24'' and WoW 2.4 (obioviusly...)

Keep up the EXCELLENT work - you're really the best (not saying this to anybody, so trust me I really mean it when i say it).
1. change the mode you're using in the mazzifier or check the boxes on the first page for the sections you want to change.

2. workin on it... the bug fixes will probably be another incremental patch fairly soon but adding support for Bongos3 and fixing the combat log, WitchHunt and SCT situations will probably take longer but i hope ot get them into a full package so we only have one (well two if you include the addon package step) install step again.

3. Good setup... Mine's only a 20" but I love this thing... Only thing i don't like is the stupid Vent developers didn't release a full featured client for the mac yet.

Originally Posted by jrb View Post
sorry if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but lightheaded, (the quest log addon that shows per-quest comments from wowhead) is kinda screwy in 2.4. Whilst it appears to work a lot of the locations for npcs show the wrong (as in totally wrong) locations on the map.

get the new version from http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ghtHeaded.html - and read the part about upgrading, as a lot has changed in the 2.4 version.

oh.. p.s., i'm new to the forum. so, hi.
No actually it hasn't... I just ran across and hunted down the problem last night. I actually couldn't get the locations to set waypoints at all. There are actually two problems here.
a. nQuestLog needs to be updated to support the changes in LightHeaded
b. Lightheaded or Cartographer need to be updated to support changes in the other.

All we can do on these is wait and hope...

Oh, and hi!
03-27-08, 09:21 AM   #94
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by stim216 View Post
I have no clue why nobody has done this before, but i followed the instructions for editing the lua files to make this work. Here you go:

just dump those into the directory and you should be working again.

that's because wowinterface has rules against it and stuff cause they like to virus scan things. Also, we still have bugs rolling in so it's kinda hard to make a new package if it'll just get changed again in an hour.
03-27-08, 09:48 AM   #95
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Please do not post redistribution of the code. After we work out the details, Aethenelle will probably post a bug fix patch and a updated add-on pack just like Detard did before. We'll still have the three packages and the installation will be the same.
03-27-08, 10:10 AM   #96
Viciusan
A Cliff Giant

Question

Do we need to disable Witch hunt for ever or will it be fixed ?
Do we need to update lightheaded ?
Can we do annything with or about the Scroling Combat Logs ?

Thanks for your time .

- ViCi -
03-27-08, 10:38 AM   #97
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Viciusan View Post
Do we need to disable Witch hunt for ever or will it be fixed ?
Do we need to update lightheaded ?
Can we do annything with or about the Scroling Combat Logs ?

Thanks for your time .

- ViCi -
If you disable the witchhunt code in the mazzleui preloader as described witchhunt will work normally though all mazzle customizations will be lost. you'll have to set it up manually from there but it works without errors.

Lightheaded and/or cartographer_waypoints will need updating but I don't think they are playing nice just yet. nQuestLog will also need an update to deal with the changes in Lightheaded. For now, if you want to see the lightheaded data (waypoints aren't working yet) you'll have to use the Blizzard quest log.

I'll update the OP w/ this info.

SCL has been discontinued. I'm looking into options for replacements. One, the easiest, is to just use the new combat log in the default client. Another would be to find a mod similar to SCL that is being updated. The last option would be to update SCL itself, this is a less than trivial option. Leaving SCL running won't hurt anything but the windows will be fairly empty.
03-27-08, 10:46 AM   #98
Craitor
A Kobold Labourer
Sct

i downloaded the new sct and sctd (scrolling combat text). they both work just fine. the only problem im having is in alterac valley, i dont get the scrolling text when i fight another player.. i get the text from everything else (NPCS).. no text from players while in AV. it works just fine outside of AV though. i started a duel with a friend and saw the scrolling text when i owned his punk a$$ :P

any help with this would be much apreciated.. thanks in advance.

P.S. mazzle freaking rocks.. i wish you would get back to working on your very kickass creation mazz. we all love your work and would kill someones hated stepmom if you would start working on it again.
03-27-08, 10:51 AM   #99
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Craitor View Post
i downloaded the new sct and sctd (scrolling combat text). they both work just fine. the only problem im having is in alterac valley, i dont get the scrolling text when i fight another player.. i get the text from everything else (NPCS).. no text from players while in AV. it works just fine outside of AV though. i started a duel with a friend and saw the scrolling text when i owned his punk a$$ :P

any help with this would be much apreciated.. thanks in advance.

P.S. mazzle freaking rocks.. i wish you would get back to working on your very kickass creation mazz. we all love your work and would kill someones hated stepmom if you would start working on it again.
Interesting... Though, considering the update didn't keep any mazzle settings, I think this problem is all SCT. I'll look into it and make sure though.
03-27-08, 11:41 AM   #100
MaybeHoP
Premium Member
Premium Member
Only have 1 error showing up right now.

Any ideas?

Thanks to everyone for all your hard work. A tough couple of days for sure, but i'm sure we'll get there. Thanks again.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.4 bugfix thread