04-04-09, 12:52 PM   #1
paeloras
A Kobold Labourer
Viewport Funcionality.

To start I must say that this is an amazing addon and thanks for all the hard work you've put in. I noticed something interesting about it though and thought I'd put forward a suggestion.

I noticed when using the default hotkey to hide the UI and take screen shots one of two things happen. I have a big black bar at the bottom of the screen or the rendered area goes back to it's default demensions (how it would look with no NUI enabled). Sometimes after hitting the hotkey again it will bug and the graphics will be stuck in the default rendering area with NUI active and useable. Once I hit a loading screen it reverts back to the NUI enabled look. The NUI enabled rendering area does render more and you can actually see more on screen (graphically) then you could with no viewport mod or NUI active.

I'm actually enjoying the default rendered area look with nui active. I know I'm seeing less on screen but it also helps me because the NUI enabled rendering area (without bugging it out using alt+z a few times) actually gets to hurting my eyes after little bit. I have been delibrately trying to get it to bug out before/during raids because it helps when I can't find my glasses.

my question is: Are there any plans to make this viewport in NUI adjustable?

Also, if not, I'd like to respectfully submit a suggestion for this feature as I think it could be quite useful.

I hope this post was written in an understandable manner, I tried to describe this as best as possible. I can definately understand if you have too much other stuff going on as your to-do list includes some nice features and seems rather leangthy. I look forward to seeing more of your work, and thanks again for a great addon.

Thank you very much for your time and thanks for reading! Enjoy your day!

04-04-09, 01:23 PM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
At present there's no way to control the size of the viewport though that is one of the things that I'm changing for the layout engine since different layouts will have different needs in terms of viewport dimensions. I don't know if I'll have that done before WoW 3.1 goes live or not... I'm working on it.

In the meantime, the thing that will cause it to "bug out" is trying to do an Alt-Z while in combat because nUI's attempt to change the viewport while you are in combat causes a taint. You can probably reliably force this to happen by using ALT-Z out of combat to empty your display, then enter combat and do ALT-Z again to reload the UI. That should taint and prevent the viewport from resizing while still bringing the UI back into the viewport.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Viewport Funcionality.