03-28-10, 09:45 PM   #1
Laike
A Murloc Raider
Carbonite Freezing in Dalaran + 25 man raids since 3.3.3

I've disabled all addons and just run Carbonite and still get this problem where wow loads to the end of the load bar and freezes. If I reloaded the ui, it will simply load back in and everyone will infinitely run in place or what ever, I am unable to log out or alt f4 out, I require to go into ctrl alt del and shut down wow this way. I've had no problems with Carbonite until 3.3.3 patch. I've attempted to start carbonite from a fresh install and deleting the wtf files with no luck.

03-29-10, 07:00 AM   #2
Ikkabod
A Murloc Raider
Just to confirm, i have the same problem, exactly; I hearth to, or sign into, or join through the Dungeon Finder, or if I die while in instances, all in Northrend - I lose my game, or my spot in line while waiting for Wintergrasp BG, 'cause the game freezes in the WotLK load screen at the end of the loading bar as described, or i lose connection as the players around me run in one spot in Wintergrasp BG and i cant mount up.
I've talked to Blizz MG's they say there are no server side issues, and i've taken the steps to clear out everything as they suggest - not just turn them off.

I sure hope you can locate and sort the problem soon 'cause, for me, Carbonite is the eyes of WoW.

EDIT - I'm going to add tho, i'm not certain it's carbonite. And I'm not certain Blizz is telling the truth about it not being server side with all the rolling restarts they've announced since the day the problems began. It seems to produce the problems less often without the few addons i use Xperl, Titan panel, Carbonite, Recount and Gearscorelite. But i cant say removing and renewing the Cache, WTF, and Interface folders erradicated the problems, either.

Last edited by Ikkabod : 03-29-10 at 12:20 PM.

03-29-10, 12:50 PM   #3
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I've been having similar problems, but only with my main. Last night, in a fit of insomnia, I disabled all my addons. Login went fine. So I started adding them back in, one at a time. Carbonite was an early candidate (right after nUI, iirc), and there was no problem with it. I reenabled all the addons I want to use, and still there's no problem. My tentative conclusion is that there was some kind of conflict between the addons I'm now using, and some addon(s) that I normally keep turned off on this toon. I'm not gonna take the time to narrow it down further, though. And I'm not at all sure Carbonite was part of the problem (or that it wasn't, for that matter).

03-30-10, 04:29 AM   #4
Ikkabod
A Murloc Raider
After playing with no addons for a day, with few problems experienced, I added everything but Carbonite and X-perl, and seemed pretty good. So i added Carbonite and still pretty good. X-perl is the only one i havent re-added and it's running good - narrowed down to X-perl.

I believe X-perl hasnt been updated by the developers since Sun, Dec 27 2009. and i guess it was buggy anyways from what i just read at Curse.com,

Maybe I have my Carbonite eyeballs back.

I'll report later if i have anything to add.

Edited cause of very bad writing. Get tired sometimes and i dont realize it.

Last edited by Ikkabod : 03-30-10 at 10:36 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Freezing in Dalaran + 25 man raids since 3.3.3