Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
12-14-17, 01:25 PM   #1
Zyre
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy Switched from Curse to Minion

Couldn't stand the way Curse was going and am not a Twitch user at all. Read many positive reviews about WoW Interface (minion client) and decided to give it a shot.

Upon install and first use, I was highly impressed. Minion immediately informed me that I had 20 addons that needed updated so without concern, I pressed the "Update All" button. It asked if I wanted to backup my addons first and I chose "Yes".

After the 20 addons were updated, I logged into Wow... only to find that all my addons were completely broken. As it turns out, the 20 addons that it updated, it updated very old versions of them.

One, for example, is TSM (Tradeskillmaster). Wow Interface has the addon in their database but the last time it was updated was back in August of 2016.

I have two questions before I continue using (and endorsing) WoW Interface/Minion:

1: As stated before, I was asked if I wanted to create a backup of my addons and I chose Yes. Where is that backup so I can restore them?

2: Why are so many addons in WoW Interface's repository so outdated? Curse always seemed to have the most up-to-date addon revisions.

Thank you.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Switched from Curse to Minion